Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillary collapses giving a speech in buffalo

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

wonder what the cause was?

Hope she's okay but rumor has it all the 180-degree turns she's been making has her dizzy off her feet!! :D

perhaps it was the Earth's gravitation pull upon her Giant ass?

I think it was the stress of the democrats losing two major elections in a span of three months ... first they got trounced in november, and now they got trounced in Iraq

I suspect Hillary is not the only liberal who fainted this weekend ... I mean, how often can their party miss the target on vital issues of war, peace, freedom and democracy ... how often can they be thoroughly reputiated ... how often can they be just plain wrong before those dizzy spells start setting in :huh:

PS. I can't even imagine how much it must suck to have boxed yourself into a position where you could not even allow yourself to enjoy sundays historic events in Iraq ... it must really suck to be a liberal today :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 01:59 PM
    [b] PS. I can't even imagine how much it must suck to have boxed yourself into a position where you could not even allow yourself to enjoy sundays historic events in Iraq ... it must really suck to be a liberal today :D [/b][/quote]
    Just today??? How about the past five years???

Actually, it started during blowjob bill's third year in office when he realized he could get nothing done as a bleeding heart liberal and started to shift to the right.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 31 2005, 02:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 31 2005, 02:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 01:59 PM
    [b] PS. I can&#39;t even imagine how much it must suck to have boxed yourself into a position where you could not even allow yourself to enjoy sundays historic events in Iraq ... it must really suck to be a liberal today :D [/b][/quote]
    Just today??? How about the past five years??? [/b][/quote]
    Actually for those of us who lived through the cold war the libs are duplicating the same behavior and the same mistakes ... all of their opposition to the war in Iraq {and don&#39;t kid yourself, the war on terror as a whole as well} is like Groundhog Day ... I&#39;ve seen and heard it all before ... they were wrong then and they&#39;re wrong now

Only difference was in the days of the cold war the libs had a monopoly on the dissemination of information {i.e. the media} ... so they were able to get away with their folly to some degree ... but with the growth of alternative media they no-longer have that luxury ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Do you think Bill rushed to her side...from some comely young filly&#39;s side?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 01:59 PM
    [b] PS. I can&#39;t even imagine how much it must suck to have boxed yourself into a position where you could not even allow yourself to enjoy sundays historic events in Iraq ... it must really suck to be a liberal today :D [/b][/quote]
    Hammer with all due respect Sunday&#39;s events in Iraq were a single notch above "completely meaningless" - that is to say the election wasn&#39;t completely meaningless but it was damn close -

they elected leaders but has the fighting stopped?

we can&#39;t rebuild a country that&#39;s still in resistance -

when American soldiers stop dying in Iraq every week then maybe we will all have something to celebrate.

this election was a stunt - the real effects of this election on the people of Iraq are only a small notch above completely meaningless.

Hall Of Fame
    Instant, uninformed, prejudiced analysis, courtesy of Bitonti&#33; Never before has a person with so little information been able to make such sweeping, declarative statements&#33; Bravo&#33; ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:45 PM
    [b] Instant, uninformed, prejudiced analysis, courtesy of Bitonti&#33; Never before has a person with so little information been able to make such sweeping, declarative statements&#33; Bravo&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    i guess one sweeping statement deserves another right 5ever?

let&#39;s be real if i was as misinformed as you said i am id be in a wheelchair making arts and crafts out of elbow macaroni, paper plates and elmers glue

the bottom line is that holding an election is not an accomplishment - having that election&#39;s results stand the test of time is -

the election wasn&#39;t the only thing that happened yesterday in Iraq ya know

the insurgents brought down a british transport plane killing ten...

here&#39;s a nice article for the &#39;rah rah - we did it&#33;&#39; crowd

[quote][b]Iraq violence widespread, data shows

By James Glanz and Thom Shanker

BASRA, Iraq - More than two-thirds of all Iraqis live in districts that have experienced insurgent attacks in the past month, according to an analysis of new intelligence data.

More than half the Iraqis live in districts -- roughly the equivalent of large counties in the United States -- that suffered an average of at least one attack every three days in the 30 days ending Jan. 22, according to the analysis, which was conducted by The New York Times using Iraqi census data and information gathered by two private security companies with extensive access to intelligence on Iraq.

A bit more than one-fifth of the people live in districts with no attacks over that period.

An "attack" could involve anything from car and roadside bombs to rocket-propelled grenades, small-arms fire and mortars, without regard to how severe or insignificant.

In the weeks leading up to the today&#39;s elections, the pace of attacks intermittently soared to levels as high and as widespread as those seen during the major insurgent outbreak last April.

U.S. military commanders, Iraqi government officials and the private analysts are all predicting that the violence will intensify as insurgents attempt spectacular new attacks aimed at intimidating Iraqi security forces and dissuading citizens from going to the polls.

Although the last several days have been calm compared with the previous week or so, when the number of attacks spiked at more than 100 a day, the trend since December is generally upward.

It has been accompanied by a recent increase in kidnappings and car bombings, data on the attacks show.

"It&#39;s the intensification of already high levels of insurgency," said Meg Williams, head of risk analysis for Olive Security of Britain, which was one of the two companies that compiled the data on the scope of violence in Iraq.

The other was Special Operations Consulting-Security Management Group Inc. of Las Vegas.

Car bombings dropped off for a while after the siege of Fallujah in November, possibly because the operation disrupted terrorists&#39; ability to manufacture the bombs.

Now it appears that the insurgents were either husbanding their resources until the elections or rebuilding their factories elsewhere.

Compared with the attacks of early last year, the new outbursts are generally more lethal and more sophisticated, and increasingly directed at Iraqi civilians rather than at U.S. and British troops and their allies, said Michael Janke, chief operating officer of Special Operations Consulting-Security Management Group.

"There has been a decrease in small-arms attacks and ambushes and an increase in car bombs," Janke said. Insurgents were putting greater emphasis on the car bomb, he said, "because it&#39;s an instant death machine."

Both the security companies compile their data from military and government information, intelligence gathered by their own agents and Iraqi informants in the field, news reports and other sources.

Among the most striking features is how widely the data are spread across the country.

Five provinces have suffered more than 150 attacks over the past 30 days, with highs of 467 in Salahaddin province, a Sunni area north of Baghdad that encompasses the troubled cities of Samarra and Tikrit, and 798 in Baghdad.

Three more provinces sustained 30 to 100 attacks in the period, the data indicate.

Even though the heaviest concentration of violence is in the Sunni Arab dominated areas, the mayhem extends throughout the country, from Basra in the south to the northernmost reaches of Nineveh province, which contains the volatile city of Mosul.

Even in the traditionally peaceful Kurdish north, there were three attacks in Erbil and three in Dahuk in the last 30 days, casting doubt on recent assertions by Iraqi and U.S. officials that just four provinces are so violent as to pose serious challenges for the elections.

Military and civilian experts caution that many incidents go unreported in Iraq, meaning that all statistical estimates should be taken as a lower limit to the actual levels of violence.

There were two periods during the past year when the activity spiked even higher than it did last week: during the Fallujah invasion in November and in the second Shiite uprising in August, marked by major battles in Najaf, in the south.

Maj. Gen. Peter Chiarelli of the 1st Cavalry Division said he had about 37,000 troops under his command in the Baghdad area, almost twice the size of a standard Army division, and he has ordered a significant increase in the tempo of regular patrols and operations against insurgents.

"There is lots going on right now, and we are hitting every single day," he said during an interview in his headquarters at Camp Liberty on the outskirts of Baghdad.

Figures compiled by the military appear to bear this out.

About 2,500 suspected insurgents and accomplices have been seized since Jan. 1, bringing the number of detainees to more than 8,000, the highest number of the entire military campaign.

A range of military commanders in Iraq said they used surprise roadblocks and checkpoints and other measures to put potential attackers at a disadvantage.

The Iraqi government has set in motion a series of steps that include throttling back automobile traffic to avert car bombers.

Senior U.S. officers in Iraq who monitor the insurgency expect more future attacks on civilians, as much for the propaganda value as for any other reason, the officers say, presenting scenes of violence to be broadcast worldwide.
    [/b][/quote]

from the Contra-Costa Times

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Jan 31 2005, 02:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Jan 31 2005, 02:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Jan 31 2005, 02:26 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 01:59 PM
    Just today??? How about the past five years??? [/b][/quote]
    Actually for those of us who lived through the cold war the libs are duplicating the same behavior and the same mistakes ... all of their opposition to the war in Iraq {and don&#39;t kid yourself, the war on terror as a whole as well} is like Groundhog Day ... I&#39;ve seen and heard it all before ... they were wrong then and they&#39;re wrong now

Only difference was in the days of the cold war the libs had a monopoly on the dissemination of information {i.e. the media} ... so they were able to get away with their folly to some degree ... but with the growth of alternative media they no-longer have that luxury ;) [/b][/quote]
    I lived through the cold war as well as the carter administration...nothing could&#39;ve been worse.

It is amazing what watching some scum burn the flag of the nation you love and then have your President do absolutely nothing can do to a kid in his mid-teens&#33;

One small correction:

They did not, as someone stated, elect "leaders" in the traditional President, VP, congress style on Sunday. What they elected was a group of leadership-types who will act only as a loosely organized "interim" Government, and whose primary goal is to craft a Constitution for Iraq.

The actual election of true leaders (like a President) will not take place for some time. Actually, I have yet to hear how long the interim leadership will be allowed for crafting their Constitution and beginning the actual election process.

SOURCE: G.Gordon Liddy Show. Rush Limbaugh Show. FoxNews.com.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:42 PM
    [b] One small correction:

They did not, as someone stated, elect "leaders" in the traditional President, VP, congress style on Sunday. What they elected was a group of leadership-types who will act only as a loosely organized "interim" Government, and whose primary goal is to craft a Constitution for Iraq.

The actual election of true leaders (like a President) will not take place for some time. Actually, I have yet to hear how long the interim leadership will be allowed for crafting their Constitution and beginning the actual election process.

SOURCE: G.Gordon Liddy Show. Rush Limbaugh Show. FoxNews.com. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, which is basically how we formed our own government after the revolutionary war ... or did you think we went directly from the bullets to a constitutional government?

I don&#39;t mean you war, but sometimes it amazes me how little Americans know about our own history ... and I speak of the folks who believe Iraq will only be a success of it&#39;s a fully formed constitutional government in two seconds flat

There are phases they will need to go through to get to that place, but make no mistake about it, yesterday was a HUGE PHASE ... now they have the folks in place who will form a constitution, chosen by the Iraqi people ... that is a HUGE PHASE on the road to democracy

Those men the Iraqi people braved death to vote for yesterday could prove to be the [i]founding fathers[/i] of their democracy ... if they are up to the task? ... we shall see <_<

I understand many libs had stomach ailments today from having to eat their words

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jets&Canes[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 06:39 PM
    [b] I understand many libs had stomach ailments today from having to eat their words [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And knowing the fact their words are pure BS makes your comment even funnier&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Jan 31 2005, 06:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Jan 31 2005, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:42 PM

Yeah, which is basically how we formed our own government after the revolutionary war ... or did you think we went directly from the bullets to a constitutional government?

I don&#39;t mean you war, but sometimes it amazes me how little Americans know about our own history ... and I speak of the folks who believe Iraq will only be a success of it&#39;s a fully formed constitutional government in two seconds flat

There are phases they will need to go through to get to that place, but make no mistake about it, yesterday was a HUGE PHASE ... now they have the folks in place who will form a constitution, chosen by the Iraqi people ... that is a HUGE PHASE on the road to democracy

Those men the Iraqi people braved death to vote for yesterday could prove to be the [i]founding fathers[/i] of their democracy ... if they are up to the task? ... we shall see <_< [/b][/quote]
    Ham-ster, my friend, you need to chill on the over-reaction thing sometimes. :rolleyes:

Firstly, I do not debate anything of what you said. I&#39;m not sure, reading this thread over, who made you so Angry......

Second, I am most definitely NOT ignorant of our past. In fact, I would say it is the vasy majority of BOTH parties loyalists who seem ignorant. Most people I know (and many here) simply think (and often say) that this election was for leaders. That is, sorry to say, factually incorrect. It may indeed have been for what you call "founding fathers", but it simply was not for leaders as many folks would think of that term (i.e. an Iraqi George Bush, to "lead" them the next 4 years till someone else is voted in).

I think most folks, oince they understand what this election was actually for, get the fact that these Iraqi "founding fathers" will create a Constitution almost exactly the same as that of the U.S.A. A similar system of Government will likely be organized, and only then will the actual lawmakers, judges and executive leaders be elected.

This was simply the first step in the much larger plan for forming a Representational Republic in Iraq (not a Democracy btw, since even WE are not a true democracy).

As for wheather or not this whole shebang will work out.......well, time is the only thing that will tell. Ask a Conservative today, and they will tell you GW is Jesus reborn, bringing peace to the world by any means needed. Ask a Liberal, and they&#39;ll tell you this war has no end, that in 20 years we&#39;ll still be having American kids blown up for someone elses "freedom".

Time will tell.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 08:19 PM
    [b] Ask a Liberal, and they&#39;ll tell you this war has no end, that in 20 years we&#39;ll still be having American kids blown up for someone elses "freedom".
    [/b][/quote]
    the two operative words there are "Someone Elses"

why is it so damn important to the US that Iraq has a democracy or a dictatorship?

there were terrorist hotbeds all over the world... and we turned Iraq into #1 hotbed by dropping 110,000 troops in overnight.

[b]it&#39;s just so ironic to me that the same guys who have infinite patience with the administration of the US waging open-ended police conflicts 6000 miles away are the first guys to go ballistic when the JETS run a 2nd and long draw that doesn&#39;t work. [/b] :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 08:27 PM
    [b] [b]it&#39;s just so ironic to me that the same guys who have infinite patience with the administration of the US waging open-ended police conflicts 6000 miles away are the first guys to go ballistic when the JETS run a 2nd and long draw that doesn&#39;t work. [/b] :lol: [/b][/quote]
    LOL&#33;&#33; :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Jan 31 2005, 08:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Jan 31 2005, 08:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2005, 06:32 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:42 PM

Those men the Iraqi people braved death to vote for yesterday could prove to be the [i]founding fathers[/i] of their democracy ... if they are up to the task? ... we shall see <_< [/b][/quote]
    Ham-ster, my friend, you need to chill on the over-reaction thing sometimes. :rolleyes:

Firstly, I do not debate anything of what you said. I&#39;m not sure, reading this thread over, who made you so Angry......

Second, I am most definitely NOT ignorant of our past. In fact, I would say it is the vasy majority of BOTH parties loyalists who seem ignorant. Most people I know (and many here) simply think (and often say) that this election was for leaders. That is, sorry to say, factually incorrect. It may indeed have been for what you call "founding fathers", but it simply was not for leaders as many folks would think of that term (i.e. an Iraqi George Bush, to "lead" them the next 4 years till someone else is voted in).

I think most folks, oince they understand what this election was actually for, get the fact that these Iraqi "founding fathers" will create a Constitution almost exactly the same as that of the U.S.A. A similar system of Government will likely be organized, and only then will the actual lawmakers, judges and executive leaders be elected.

This was simply the first step in the much larger plan for forming a Representational Republic in Iraq (not a Democracy btw, since even WE are not a true democracy). [/b][/quote]
    War, I was not at all mad with you ... that&#39;s why I specifically said "not you" ... which you proved correct here with your excellent characterization of our own [i]representational republic[/i] {and you are correct there as well}

My beef is with the naysayers in the media who fancy themselves intellectuals, but sometimes act as if they have no understanding of our own history when they behave as if Iraq should be a fully formed government YESTERDAY

But again, you have proven here that you are much smarter than half the dopes who write for the NY Times ... and you are also correct when you state that ignorance of American history is somewhat universal and not exclusive to liberals, though right now the liberal elites are trying damn hard to disprove that theory :rolleyes:

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 12:59 PM
    [b] I think it was the stress of the democrats losing two major elections in a span of three months ... first they got trounced in november, and now they got trounced in Iraq

I suspect Hillary is not the only liberal who fainted this weekend ... I mean, how often can their party miss the target on vital issues of war, peace, freedom and democracy ... how often can they be thoroughly reputiated ... how often can they be just plain wrong before those dizzy spells start setting in :huh:

PS. I can&#39;t even imagine how much it must suck to have boxed yourself into a position where you could not even allow yourself to enjoy sundays historic events in Iraq ... it must really suck to be a liberal today :D [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sure you Republicans would like to believe that us "libruls" are unhappy about the Iraqi election, of course as usual it is based on what you&#39;d like us to believe as opposed to what we actually do believe. It is great that Iraqis came out and voted. It&#39;s great that they stood up to the insurgents and voted. However, I&#39;m not going to pretend everything was all well and good. No Sunni&#39;s voted. Nobody in Falluja voted, or Samarra. Voters didn&#39;t even know the names of the people they were voting for, or were just learning them because the candidates did not want their name to be known in fear of being killed.

And hear is this New York Times headline about Vietname in 1967.

[url=http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/nytimes/82602711.html?did=82602711&FMT=ABS&FMTS=AI&date=Sep+4%2C+1967&author=By+PETER+GROSE+Special+to+The+New+York+Times&desc=U.S.+ENCOURAGED+BY+VIETNAM+VOTE]U.S. encouraged by Vietnam vote, 83% turnout despite Vietcong terror[/url]

The thing is, this is a great step, but we should keep our heads screwed on right and not pretend that everything is going to be flowery from here on out.