Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: CBNY ... I Just saw the irony in this

  1. #1
    [SIZE=3]A picture says a thousand words, but these two {side by side} say it all[/SIZE] ;)

    [img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/uploads/photo-874.jpg[/img] [img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cpress/20050131/lthumb.w013115a.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    The irony is were the likes of fatass in power not only would Sadaam being ruling Iraq but the Taliban would be in charge of Afgahnistan....and America would not be hunting militant scuzlims down in their own backyard!

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    Has any candidate that Moore has ever endorsed actually won an election?

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:22 PM
    [b] Has any candidate that Moore has ever endorsed actually won an election? [/b][/quote]
    He and bill clinton are very close in that category!! :P

  5. #5
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:19 PM
    [b] The irony is were the likes of fatass in power not only would Sadaam being ruling Iraq but the Taliban would be in charge of Afgahnistan....and America would not be hunting militant scuzlims down in their own backyard! [/b][/quote]
    The irony is were the likes of fatass in power not only would Sadaam being ruling Iraq but the Taliban would be in charge of Afgahnistan....and [b]NOTHING WOULD ACTUALLY BE ANY DIFFERENT... except for the 1500 Americans that wouldn't have died fighting for no reason[/b]

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Jan 31 2005, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Jan 31 2005, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:19 PM
    [b] The irony is were the likes of fatass in power not only would Sadaam being ruling Iraq but the Taliban would be in charge of Afgahnistan....and America would not be hunting militant scuzlims down in their own backyard&#33; [/b][/quote]
    The irony is were the likes of fatass in power not only would Sadaam being ruling Iraq but the Taliban would be in charge of Afgahnistan....and [b]NOTHING WOULD ACTUALLY BE ANY DIFFERENT... except for the 1500 Americans that wouldn&#39;t have died fighting for no reason[/b] [/b][/quote]
    You continue to stick your head in the sand and believe that and we&#39;ll all be fine as the rats lose election after election?

    Here&#39;s a question- how many video tapes did OBL make (while hiding in a cave) between &#39;93-&#39;01 threatening violence against America?? None I know of...why? Because he could attack America with little fear of retribution.

    Why does he make those tapes now? He&#39;s got nothing else- it is all empty rhetoric- quite similiar to the message of the dnc these days.

  7. #7
    we might as well be speaking different languages here

    if Bin Ladin is such a priority why won&#39;t Bush even mention his name?

    there has yet to be any connection between changing a country&#39;s gov&#39;t and lessening the terrorism in that country - if anything both times we did it (iraq and afghanistan) the level of terrorism ROSE in those countries.

    how can we sit back and celebrate when we&#39;ve accomplished nothing?

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:33 PM
    [b] we might as well be speaking different languages here

    if Bin Ladin is such a priority why won&#39;t Bush even mention his name?

    there has yet to be any connection between changing a country&#39;s gov&#39;t and lessening the terrorism in that country - if anything both times we did it (iraq and afghanistan) the level of terrorism ROSE in those countries.

    how can we sit back and celebrate when we&#39;ve accomplished nothing? [/b][/quote]
    As Johnnie Cochran has said- there&#39;s been a rush to judgement.

    Maybe the increased level of terrorism has something to do with the desperation of possible exticntion on their part....and in quite a similiar fashion, could this be why we see an increased level of mindless rhetoric coming from the liberals in this nation.

  9. #9
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:39 PM
    [b] Maybe the increased level of terrorism has something to do with the desperation of possible exticntion on their part....

    and in quite a similiar fashion, could this be why we see an increased level of mindless rhetoric coming from the liberals in this nation. [/b][/quote]
    so not only are you interpreting current events as the extinction of terrorism but also the extinction of liberalism?&#33;

    jeez it must be nice to love the President enough to cause hallucinations :lol:

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    You know, you always ask the Bush guys on this site to mention the mistakes Bush has made. And most of the time, they do. I know I have....

    Would it kill you guys to even pay lip service to the possibility that this election could end up being a positive thing? Obviously no one can know exactly what the long-term ramifications are yet. But all you naysayers seem capable of is ankle-biting and being childish about everything going on in Iraq.

    I mean, can you blame us for tuning you out? You guys are one-trick ponies"

    Bush = wrong. America = wrong

    That is all you seem capable of saying....

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Jan 31 2005, 05:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Jan 31 2005, 05:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:39 PM
    [b] Maybe the increased level of terrorism has something to do with the desperation of possible exticntion on their part....

    and in quite a similiar fashion, could this be why we see an increased level of mindless rhetoric coming from the liberals in this nation. [/b][/quote]
    so not only are you interpreting current events as the extinction of terrorism but also the extinction of liberalism?&#33;

    jeez it must be nice to love the President enough to cause hallucinations :lol: [/b][/quote]
    as opposed to the left and likes of yourself who can&#39;t come to grips with reality?


    Nevermind the fact terrorists are losing their power and grip on things almost as fast as liberals&#33; ;)

  12. #12
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:22 PM
    [b] Has any candidate that Moore has ever endorsed actually won an election? [/b][/quote]
    J5, I remember reading somewhere ... in a lib publication ... that this guy used to work for Mother Jones magazine {which is [b]hard left[/b] ... not liberal, but [b]hard left[/b]} ... and yet they fired his fat @&#036;&#036; cause GET THIS, he was TOO RADICAL for the folks at Mother Jones :o

    This guy is not a democrat and he&#39;s not even a liberal ... he&#39;s not even a leftist ... IMO this guy is a devout, hard left, communist/anarchist

    That&#39;s really the only way I can describe this guy ... and IMO it&#39;s a more accurate discription than most folks can possibly imagine

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 05:38 PM
    [b] You know, you always ask the Bush guys on this site to mention the mistakes Bush has made. And most of the time, they do. I know I have....

    Would it kill you guys to even pay lip service to the possibility that this election could end up being a positive thing? Obviously no one can know exactly what the long-term ramifications are yet. But all you naysayers seem capable of is ankle-biting and being childish about everything going on in Iraq.

    I mean, can you blame us for tuning you out? You guys are one-trick ponies"

    Bush = wrong. America = wrong

    That is all you seem capable of saying.... [/b][/quote]
    [b]Bush = wrong. America = wrong[/b] = the only way liberals can get back into power....


    as I&#39;ve stated many times- it&#39;s party over country on the left.

  14. #14
    It&#39;s baffling why ANYONE would want to be affiliated with Michael Moore. Even as someone inclinded to at least consider the left&#39;s viewpoint, I for one think the guy is a plain old loon.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Jan 31 2005, 05:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Jan 31 2005, 05:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:22 PM
    [b] Has any candidate that Moore has ever endorsed actually won an election? [/b][/quote]
    J5, I remember reading somewhere ... in a lib publication ... that this guy used to work for Mother Jones magazine {which is [b]hard left[/b] ... not liberal, but [b]hard left[/b]} ... and yet they fired this fat @&#036;&#036; cause GET THIS, he was TOO RADICAL for the folks at Mother Jones :o

    This guy is not a democrat and he&#39;s not even a liberal ... he&#39;s not even a leftist ... this guy is a devout, hard left, communist/anarchist

    That&#39;s really the only way I can describe this guy ... and IMO it&#39;s a more accurate discription than most folks can possibly imagine [/b][/quote]
    you are absolutely correct about fatasses previous assingments and his dismissal from Mother Jones (which is a tough thing to do if you&#39;ve ever visted the website).

    That makes it even more hysterical/pathtic that the rats hold this guy up as an icon...though to many of us it makes absolute sense when you look at liberals and their agenda.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    I&#39;ve read Moore&#39;s books. He talks about getting the "workers" control of the "factors of production" and other such communist nonsense. He talks about how corporations are "evil" etc. (He literally uses this exact language)

    I mean, this is community-college-level understanding, not the stuff of someone&#39;s piercing, original mind.

    I almost think he doesn&#39;t even have any real opinions and just says this stuff because he knows there is a market for it. What kind of person rages against the machine by making a movie that is funded by Disney and distributed by another gigantic corporation?? The guy makes movies ridiculing gun nuts and gun control laws, yet has no problem hiring a guy to protect by him using a gun.

    He&#39;s a joke.


    Yet, the current Dmeocratic Party has not learned their lesson. The internet is a mirage...it creates the impression that a lot of people agree with absurd conspiracy theories, and instant-pop tart type of analysis. Howard Dean foudn that out the hard way - that all of the internet, chat-room generated smoke didn&#39;t translate into as many ACTUAL VOTES as he thought.

    But, Kerry goes right on pooh-poohing the recent elections, feeding into bizarre conspiracy theories about Ohio (he literally said that Democrats had to wait for 11 hours to vote while Republicans only waited 10 minutes) and generally being a downer. Nominating Howard Dean to chair the DNC is a mistake in waiting.

    The problem with the Demcrats is and has always been that they have not considered the possibility that people have heard what they have to say, understand what it is they mean, yet still reject them. No, they blame their unattractive candidates, or a GOP conspiracy, or voter fraud, or some other bogey-man, like everyone in red states being homophobes, etc. The notion of actually looking inward and addressing the flaws of their [i]platform[/i] never dawns on them.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 05:52 PM
    [b] What kind of person rages against the machine by making a movie that is funded by Disney and distributed by another gigantic corporation?? [/b][/quote]
    A complete hypocrite...which is why he&#39;s the perfect liberal&#33; :lol:

  18. #18
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 05:52 PM
    [b] I&#39;ve read Moore&#39;s books. He talks about getting the "workers" control of the "factors of production" and other such communist nonsense. He talks about how corporations are "evil" etc. (He literally uses this exact language)

    I mean, this is community college-level understanding, not the stuff of someone piercing, original mind.

    I almost think he doesn&#39;t even have any real opinions ..... [/b][/quote]
    J5, Michael Moore is easily understood when you read his two bibles ... The Communist Manifesto and Das Kapital

    I&#39;m not kidding ... having read both in my 20&#39;s {to better understand the mind of a communist}, I can almost assure you that Michael Moore has been influenced by both books in a big way, and remains so till this day ... IMO most of what he says in public, in print, and in films, is practically plagerized from the pages of those books

    But don&#39;t bother reading them ... too long and they will bore you to tears

    Just take my word for it and save yourself the pain of having to endure such torture :blink:

  19. #19
    [b]5ever[/b] you want me to congrats the Bush admin?

    ok, congrats on electing a committee of people that may in the future craft some sort of gov&#39;t out of a ****hole - and it only took 1500 Americans dead to do it&#33; WELL DONE&#33;&#33;&#33;

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:42 PM
    [b] It&#39;s baffling why ANYONE would want to be affiliated with Michael Moore. Even as someone inclinded to at least consider the left&#39;s viewpoint, I for one think the guy is a plain old loon. [/b][/quote]
    I could say the same for people like Jerry "NOW are a bunch of witches who want all women to be lesbians" Falwell, Pat "9/11 is the fault of homos and the ACLU" Robertson, James "Spongebob Squarepants is ruining the fabric of American families" Dobson, and Alan "everybody in America should have Uzi&#39;s" Keyes. Insert any crazy-ass comment by those pyschos.

    To the conservatives on this board, what makes Christian fundamentalism any better than Muslim fundamentalism? They&#39;re also strikingly similar in wanting to restrict the rights of women, wanting people to have guns, and killing people in the name of god.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us