Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBNY ... I Just saw the irony in this

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Jan 31 2005, 11:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat &#064; Jan 31 2005, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:42 PM
    [b] It&#39;s baffling why ANYONE would want to be affiliated with Michael Moore. Even as someone inclinded to at least consider the left&#39;s viewpoint, I for one think the guy is a plain old loon. [/b][/quote]
    I could say the same for people like Jerry "NOW are a bunch of witches who want all women to be lesbians" Falwell, Pat "9/11 is the fault of homos and the ACLU" Robertson, James "Spongebob Squarepants is ruining the fabric of American families" Dobson, and Alan "everybody in America should have Uzi&#39;s" Keyes. Insert any crazy-ass comment by those pyschos.

To the conservatives on this board, what makes Christian fundamentalism any better than Muslim fundamentalism? They&#39;re also strikingly similar in wanting to restrict the rights of women, wanting people to have guns, and killing people in the name of god. [/b][/quote]
    For starters these guys weren&#39;t placed in seats of honor at the Republican Convention. I don&#39;t even know if they were there. Moore sat in the President&#39;s box and the Democrats were excited to attach themselves with his factually challenged movie.

Now, when you can show me how Christian fundamentalism has spawned thousands of American deaths through terrorism, you might have a point. Until then, cut the moral relativism.

See any Christian women in Burqas? Stoned to death? Are you drunk, Curtis? How could you even begin to compare the two in terms of killing and treatment of women. Christianity tends to revere women, at least the Catholic Church does. Maybe not, if she wants to marry other women and abort babies for convenience, but that&#39;s more respect for life - not anti-woman.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sackdance+Jan 31 2005, 10:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (sackdance @ Jan 31 2005, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 31 2005, 11:09 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:42 PM
    [b] It&#39;s baffling why ANYONE would want to be affiliated with Michael Moore. Even as someone inclinded to at least consider the left&#39;s viewpoint, I for one think the guy is a plain old loon. [/b][/quote]
    I could say the same for people like Jerry "NOW are a bunch of witches who want all women to be lesbians" Falwell, Pat "9/11 is the fault of homos and the ACLU" Robertson, James "Spongebob Squarepants is ruining the fabric of American families" Dobson, and Alan "everybody in America should have Uzi&#39;s" Keyes. Insert any crazy-ass comment by those pyschos.

To the conservatives on this board, what makes Christian fundamentalism any better than Muslim fundamentalism? They&#39;re also strikingly similar in wanting to restrict the rights of women, wanting people to have guns, and killing people in the name of god. [/b][/quote]
    For starters these guys weren&#39;t placed in seats of honor at the Republican Convention. I don&#39;t even know if they were there. Moore sat in the President&#39;s box and the Democrats were excited to attach themselves with his factually challenged movie.

Now, when you can show me how Christian fundamentalism has spawned thousands of American deaths through terrorism, you might have a point. Until then, cut the moral relativism.

See any Christian women in Burqas? Stoned to death? Are you drunk, Curtis? How could you even begin to compare the two in terms of killing and treatment of women. Christianity tends to revere women, at least the Catholic Church does. Maybe not, if she wants to marry other women and abort babies for convenience, but that&#39;s more respect for life - not anti-woman. [/b][/quote]
    Today&#39;s Christian fundies do not share the same disdain for woman as Muslim fundies do, at least openly. But it&#39;s pretty interesting reading comments by people like Falwell and Robertson on women&#39;s organizations. I&#39;m also reviled when I see Jerry fat ass Falwell saying "we should blow them up in the name of the lord," when talking about terrorists. I don&#39;t think much of terrorists either, but you do not kill people in the name of God or in the name of Jesus Christ. Killing is just plain morally wrong, no matter who is being killed and how much they may deserve it. One of the great hypocrisies is Republicans being "pro-life" and also pro-death penatly, and pro-war. You&#39;d think these "moral values" nuts would also be campaigning against the death penalty, instead of shouting about a freaking cartoon sponge, and being repulsed that he&#39;s teaching ..wait for it "TOLERANCE AND ACCEPTANCE"&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Sackdance hit the nail on the head...althought these fundamentalists openly support the Rep party, they arent put in as high of a position as Moore is with the Dems. Moore seems to be the public spokesman for the Dems, with all the press he gets, yet the Dems continually try to pin the fundamentalists as the spokesman for the Rep party, which the Reps dont even try to push on the forefront of their issues.

And to make matters worth, which really isnt the Dem parties fault, but when you have prominent, liberal actors continually praising Moore, yet prominent Conservative actors very rarely praise those fundamentalist nuts. So in the eye of the public, Moore represents the Dems, whereas these fundamentalists are just a small faction of it.

Curtis, still mad at Christians for electing President Bush, huh? :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 12:33 AM
    [b] Curtis, still mad at Christians for electing President Bush, huh? :D [/b][/quote]
    the upside of a Bush re-election is that his policies will be exposed to the harsh glare of day light - people need to see first hand how wrong they were before this country is ready for a change. We can sit here and hope that Bush does a good job but let&#39;s face it he hasn&#39;t and he won&#39;t. He has more than enough rope to hang himself, and if he keeps pumping troops into a lost cause he will do just that.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:38 PM
    [b] You know, you always ask the Bush guys on this site to mention the mistakes Bush has made. And most of the time, they do. I know I have....

Would it kill you guys to even pay lip service to the possibility that this election could end up being a positive thing? Obviously no one can know exactly what the long-term ramifications are yet. But all you naysayers seem capable of is ankle-biting and being childish about everything going on in Iraq.

I mean, can you blame us for tuning you out? You guys are one-trick ponies"

Bush = wrong. America = wrong

That is all you seem capable of saying.... [/b][/quote]
    I too am amazed at how the libs&#39; platform and rhetoric has fallen off the deep end.

When they showed people knocking down the Berlin Wall, that was also a symbolic and momentous occasion, and the test was not just breaking the wall, but seeing if democracy would stick.

This election is also an achievement, and yes, time will tell whether it sticks. But when libs disparage the entire event, I just shake my head at how narrow-minded their supposed tolerance and vision has become.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jets&Canes+Feb 1 2005, 08:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jets&Canes @ Feb 1 2005, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jets5ever[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 04:38 PM
    [b] You know, you always ask the Bush guys on this site to mention the mistakes Bush has made. And most of the time, they do. I know I have....

Would it kill you guys to even pay lip service to the possibility that this election could end up being a positive thing? Obviously no one can know exactly what the long-term ramifications are yet. But all you naysayers seem capable of is ankle-biting and being childish about everything going on in Iraq.

I mean, can you blame us for tuning you out? You guys are one-trick ponies"

Bush = wrong. America = wrong

That is all you seem capable of saying.... [/b][/quote]
    I too am amazed at how the libs&#39; platform and rhetoric has fallen off the deep end.

When they showed people knocking down the Berlin Wall, that was also a symbolic and momentous occasion, and the test was not just breaking the wall, but seeing if democracy would stick.

This election is also an achievement, and yes, time will tell whether it sticks. But when libs disparage the entire event, I just shake my head at how narrow-minded their supposed tolerance and vision has become. [/b][/quote]
    But canes it is all they have....party before country....a bad economy, more soldiers dead on the battlefield and failure in Iraq adds up to good things for the libs when you get right down to it.

guys wake up they didn&#39;t elect anything but a committee - it&#39;s not exactly Reagan saying "MR gorbechev bring down this wall"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 09:33 AM
    [b] guys wake up they didn&#39;t elect anything but a committee - it&#39;s not exactly Reagan saying "MR gorbechev bring down this wall" [/b][/quote]
    typical dim response marginalizing what&#39;s been accomplished....they scream "elections can&#39;t go forward" and when they do in a timely manner, in the spirit of jon kerri the elections mean little.

How bad is this party going to get slammed in the mid-term elections of &#39;06?? :P

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 09:33 AM
    [b] guys wake up they didn&#39;t elect anything but a committee - it&#39;s not exactly Reagan saying "MR gorbechev bring down this wall" [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s becoming easier and easier to tune you out. Grow up.

im dead serious - holding an election is a small accomplishment at best - what&#39;s the use of a committee when more US Soldiers die every week? let me know when the fighting stops in Iraq, that will be something to write home about.

try to marginalize me all you want but im 100% realist.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:00 AM
    [b] im dead serious - holding an election is a small accomplishment at best - what&#39;s the use of a committee when more US Soldiers die every week? let me know when the fighting stops in Iraq, that will be something to write home about.

try to marginalize me all you want but im 100% realist. [/b][/quote]
    No you&#39;re not, you simply enjoy describing yourself as a realist.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:00 AM
    [b]
    try to marginalize me all you want but im 100% realist. [/b][/quote]
    100% intransigent, 100% marginalized. Take a bow, you&#39;ve cracked the secret code of the Democratic Party.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:40 AM
    [b] No you&#39;re not, you simply enjoy describing yourself as a realist. [/b][/quote]
    i am a realist - that&#39;s why i didn&#39;t buy into the claim that WMD were real - cause they weren&#39;t - that&#39;s the difference between fantasy and reality.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Feb 1 2005, 10:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Feb 1 2005, 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jets5ever[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:40 AM
    [b] No you&#39;re not, you simply enjoy describing yourself as a realist. [/b][/quote]
    i am a realist - that&#39;s why i didn&#39;t buy into the claim that WMD were real - cause they weren&#39;t - that&#39;s the difference between fantasy and reality. [/b][/quote]
    Nothing we post on a message board will change the minds of those who are out of touch. Thank God waffle boy lost the election.

And to think that years ago, libs were actually open-minded.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jets&Canes[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 01:48 PM
    [b] Nothing we post on a message board will change the minds of those who are out of touch. [/b][/quote]
    i must be out of touch - maybe they found the massive WMD stockpiles and i didn&#39;t hear about it ??

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Feb 1 2005, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Feb 1 2005, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jets&Canes[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 01:48 PM
    [b] Nothing we post on a message board will change the minds of those who are out of touch. [/b][/quote]
    i must be out of touch - maybe they found the massive WMD stockpiles and i didn&#39;t hear about it ?? [/b][/quote]
    Hold on to whatever gets you through the next 4 years.

TMahoney
    Everyone here, especially Bitonti and Come Back to NY, are so partisan its ridiculous.

Basically both of you just regurgatate the Democrat/Republican BS that is killing this nation.

Why don&#39;t both of you look at the facts rather than just attacking the other side just because they are the other side.

IRAQ was a poorly thought up plan with good intentions. Lets face it, Sadaam signed treaties after the gulf war and then basically said F U to everyone and didn&#39;t comply with the treaties. This should have been the reason to go in and oust him. This should have been the case brought up to the world. Not this WMD bullsh*t and stop saying there are any WMD&#39;s in Iraq, because I&#39;m sure if we found some legitimate WMD it would be ALL OVER Fox News. He signed, he didn&#39;t comply, he should be ousted.

As for Afghanistan, that was the right move to do. Taliban openly supported terrorist groups and treated their citizens like dirt.

As for the overall strategy in the Middle east? It was poorly thought out, because now we have our forces spread thin over 2 countries with almost impossible terrain. Furthermore, we have an attack force in Iraq doing policing duty....this has never worked.

Tax cuts during war time is ridiculously retarted.

The best way to get rid of rogue nations with dictators is to open them up to American markets and by doing this making them dependent on us and showing the people of their country the benefits of American lifestyle. They don&#39;t have to embrace our way of life but I&#39;d bet they&#39;d take many of our ideas and incorporate them into their own society and government.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by CarlSpackler[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 02:17 PM
    [b] Everyone here, especially Bitonti and Come Back to NY, are so partisan its ridiculous.

Basically both of you just regurgatate the Democrat/Republican BS that is killing this nation.

[/b][/quote]
    If I am going to be rightfully accused of anything it is of being a nationalist- I&#39;ve voted for democrats in the past and have voted against Republicans. I would not vote for Newt Gingrich should he somehow get the RNC nomination for President.

And while I have supported moderate democrats like Lieberman and Bayh on this board I pick no bones about my outright disgust for leftist-liberals like pelosi, kerri, dean, kennedy, reid, boxer, etc....and if you think people posting opinions in threads on the political forum of a football site is "killing this nation" I suggest you listen the anti-America vitriol coming from the above mentioned liberal politicians.

TMahoney
    [quote][b]If I am going to be rightfully accused of anything it is of being a nationalist- I&#39;ve voted for democrats in the past and have voted against Republicans. I would not vote for Newt Gingrich should he somehow get the RNC nomination for President.

And while I have supported moderate democrats like Lieberman and Bayh on this board I pick no bones about my outright disgust for leftist-liberals like pelosi, kerri, dean, kennedy, reid, boxer, etc....and if you think people posting opinions in threads on the political forum of a football site is "killing this nation" I suggest you listen the anti-America vitriol coming from the above mentioned liberal politicians. [/b][/quote]

95% of your posts are bash related in the political forum. When you put people in a group for example "leftists" and say that "they&#39;re all bad" then you cannot make a real point. Denouncing one whole side of the political forum is ridiculous, we need extremists on both sides so we can find a balance in the middle. American politics is a balancing act for a reason because you cannot ignore all the other problems in America just to solve one.