Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howard Dean- "I hate Republicans"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Dean's howling to lead DNC

BY MAGGIE HABERMAN
    DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU

HOWARD DEAN, THE favorite to be the next head of the Democratic National Committee, made his case in midtown yesterday, promising to make his party operate more like the GOP - at least when it comes to elections.

"[b]I hate the Republicans [/b]and everything they stand for, but I admire their discipline and their organization," the failed presidential hopeful told the crowd at the Roosevelt Hotel, where he and six other candidates spoke at the final DNC forum before the Feb. 12 vote for chairman.

But Dean said the Democrats should not change their beliefs to be "Republican lite."

"We can talk about our faith, but we cannot change our faith," he said, echoing themes he sounded in his presidential bid. "We need to be people of conviction."

Later, he said that what "95% of Americans are really concerned about" is national security. But he said Americans also do not want to sacrifice the nation's values. "They want America to be the moral leader of the world again," he said.

Dean came into the event riding a fresh wave of momentum. A day earlier, he was endorsed for the top Democratic spot by Clinton ally Harold Ickes amid speculation over whether Bill and Hillary Clinton would try to block Dean.

Ickes, who briefly considered running for the DNC chairmanship himself, said he was not speaking for the Clintons, but it was a sign the former First Couple won't oppose Dean, who would be chairman for any run Hillary makes at the White House.

Also vying for the seat are grass-roots activist Donnie Fowler, former Texas Rep. Martin Frost, 9/11 commission member Tim Roemer, Simon Rosenberg, former Denver Mayor Wellington Webb and lawyer David Leland.

[url=http://www.nydailynews.com/01-30-2005/news/wn_report/story/276020p-236422c.html]http://www.nydailynews.com/01-30-2005/news...0p-236422c.html[/url]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy can't be named chairman of the DNC fast enough for my liking!!!

so you think the next DNC chair should love republicans?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:37 PM
    [b] so you think the next DNC chair should love republicans? [/b][/quote]
    Love them...no?

Imagine if Newt Gingrich was running for chairman of the RNC and publically came out and said he "hate the rats"??? What would the reaction be??

Aren't the rats the one who claim that GWB is a divider not uniter?

honestly if Newt Gingrich came out and said that i would think people would stand up and cheer.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:29 PM
    [b] honestly if Newt Gingrich came out and said that i would think people would stand up and cheer. [/b][/quote]
    I'm surprised he never actually did say that, it seems that he just stopped short. I think it's awesome that a Democrat is saying this. F**k "unity" and all that other BS, I don't want to be united with today's freaking scumbag repukelicans.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Go Howie....nail the liberal coffin shut numbnuts!!!

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 10:45 PM
    [b] Go Howie....nail the liberal coffin shut numbnuts!!! [/b][/quote]
    Yes, because I'm sure some dumbass Republican knows what's best for the Democratic party. :rolleyes: Do you actually think I'm going to take you seriously on this subject? Or, ya know, ever?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Jan 31 2005, 10:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat @ Jan 31 2005, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:29 PM
    [b] honestly if Newt Gingrich came out and said that i would think people would stand up and cheer. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m surprised he never actually did say that, it seems that he just stopped short. I think it&#39;s awesome that a Democrat is saying this. F**k "unity" and all that other BS, I don&#39;t want to be united with today&#39;s freaking scumbag repukelicans. [/b][/quote]
    This is the reason why the Dems lost the last election, and why politicians in general are a joke. But Kerry&#39;s campaign especially created this "us against them" mentality. The aura around his campaign was we must get GW out.

People got sick of it. Kerry just seemed more bitter, instead of a leader who people could trust. Not saying everyone who voted for GW felt he was a very competent leader, but I think this approach by the Dems hurt them, and can continue to hurt them if they keep this up.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:37 PM
    Bit, the object in politics is to win over as many voters as you can, not to tell half the country that you [b]hate them[/b] :rolleyes:

I swear man, the democrats are friggin imploding :lol:

[SIZE=3]Someone Get Howard Dean a copy of this book ... Quick&#33;&#33;[/SIZE] :P

[img]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0671723650.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.4aces.net/z-smart.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    This is perfect for Howard Dean

--------------------------------

British Military OERs

The British Military writes OFRs (Officer Fitness Reports). The form used for Royal Navy and Marines fitness reports is the S-206 and these are actual excerpts.

1. His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

2. I would not breed from this officer.

3. This officer is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won&#39;t-be.

4. When she opens her mouth, it seems that this is only to change whichever foot was previously in there.

5. He has carried out each and every one of his duties to his entire satisfaction.

6. He would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.

7. Technically sound, but socially impossible.

8. This officer reminds me very much of a gyroscope always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere.

9. This young lady has delusions of adequacy.

10. When he joined my ship, this officer was something of a granny; since then he has aged considerably.

11. Since my last report, he has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.

12. She sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.

13. He has the wisdom of youth and the energy of old age.

14. This officer should go far, and the sooner he starts, the better.

15. In my opinion, this pilot should not be authorized to fly below 250 feet.

16. The only ship I would recommend this man for is citizenship.

17. Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap. (This one is a keeper.)

18. This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot. (Runner-up)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Feb 1 2005, 12:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Feb 1 2005, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:37 PM
    Bit, the object in politics is to win over as many voters as you can, not to tell half the country that you [b]hate them[/b] [/b][/quote]
    the Democrats would have done better if they were true to their base - bottom line John Kerry voted for this war - he is a member of the skull and bones - he was nothing but a pawn of the Republican party - George Bush lite.

if they are going to go down they should go down swinging. it&#39;s easy for GOP voters to sit here and say they think the DNC should be more centrist but that has absolutely no chance of succeeding on the national scale.

Last election, there were far too many people who didn&#39;t see any difference between Bush and Kerry. Having the DNC become more like the republicans isn&#39;t the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Feb 1 2005, 07:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti &#064; Feb 1 2005, 07:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 1 2005, 12:54 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 03:37 PM
    Bit, the object in politics is to win over as many voters as you can, not to tell half the country that you [b]hate them[/b] [/b][/quote]
    the Democrats would have done better if they were true to their base - bottom line John Kerry voted for this war - he is a member of the skull and bones - he was nothing but a pawn of the Republican party - George Bush lite.

if they are going to go down they should go down swinging. it&#39;s easy for GOP voters to sit here and say they think the DNC should be more centrist but that has absolutely no chance of succeeding on the national scale.

Last election, there were far too many people who didn&#39;t see any difference between Bush and Kerry. Having the DNC become more like the republicans isn&#39;t the answer. [/b][/quote]
    And the rats continuinig their present course of self-destruction is the answer?

Is there any irony that keynote speakers at the RNC and some of the biggest players in the Republican party today are people like Guilianni and Schwarzenegger?? Republicans that go against the party line on issues like abortion and others?

Compare that to the rats who have taken a hard left turn, shunning any moderate view in the party and look at what has happened in the elections...which will continue.

Face it, based on the dims past history the Americans rightfully see them as weak on defense and they will never get power back anytime soon.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 08:50 AM
    [b] Face it, based on the dims past history the Americans rightfully see them as weak on defense and they will never get power back anytime soon. [/b][/quote]
    bottom line you and 90% of the posters on this forum want the democrats to fail miserably, from where i am sitting that means the DNC should do the exact opposite of what you guys "helpfully" recommend. If that means putting screamin Howard in the chair then im ok with that - they need a change that&#39;s for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Feb 1 2005, 09:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Feb 1 2005, 09:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 08:50 AM
    [b] Face it, based on the dims past history the Americans rightfully see them as weak on defense and they will never get power back anytime soon. [/b][/quote]
    bottom line you and 90% of the posters on this forum want the democrats to fail miserably, from where i am sitting that means the DNC should do the exact opposite of what you guys "helpfully" recommend. If that means putting screamin Howard in the chair then im ok with that - they need a change that&#39;s for sure. [/b][/quote]
    The present day rats of reid, kennedy, pelosi, boxer, dean cannot fall on their face fast enough for my liking....then they can get the hell out of the way and make room for the Lieberman&#39;s and Bayh&#39;s.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It&#39;s nice that Dean isn&#39;t even trying to make politics about helping the country, but just hatred of the &#39;other side&#39;.

please stop im going to start crying - my hope was always that a southerner like Wes Clark would emerge - you are right though the party is chock full of a-holes... believe it or not a weak DEM party is bad for this nation - there are no checks and balances anymore.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 09:56 AM
    [b] It&#39;s nice that Dean isn&#39;t even trying to make politics about helping the country, but just hatred of the &#39;other side&#39;. [/b][/quote]
    gee and the GOP never does that, huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Feb 1 2005, 09:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Feb 1 2005, 09:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Piper[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 09:56 AM
    [b] It&#39;s nice that Dean isn&#39;t even trying to make politics about helping the country, but just hatred of the &#39;other side&#39;. [/b][/quote]
    gee and the GOP never does that, huh? [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sure they think it, to some extent. But to my knowledge they haven&#39;t been dumb enough to say it.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:00 AM
    [b] I&#39;m sure they think it, to some extent. But to my knowledge they haven&#39;t been dumb enough to say it. [/b][/quote]
    yeah they just encourage under the table lackeys like the swift boat vets for truth to do their dirty work for them.