View Poll Results: How Many American Lives is Iraqi Freedom Worth??

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a Single American Life!

9 75.00%
  • 100+

0 0%
  • 1,000+

0 0%
  • 10,000+

0 0%
  • 50,000+

1 8.33%
  • 100,000+

0 0%
  • 500,000+

0 0%
  • Any Number it Takes!

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Many American Lives is Iraqi Freedom Worth??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 03:35 PM
    [b] Also here is DC it is common for bystanders to get roped off, hogtied with zipties, and put in jail for being in the vicinity of a protest. [/b][/quote]
    that's what you get for living in a blue state you COMMIE :lol: if you did like the rest of the good white people and lived outside of the city then you wouldn't have that problem now wouldya ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush is Hitler, what can you do?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable. This is THE most offensive thing I've seen on this board since I've been here.

This thread absolutely tramples on every man and woman that has died in this conflict, but I've really come to expect no less.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 01:37 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Warfish, you make the argument that you would not waste one American life to bring freedom to anyone that didn't so desire it, and that is a decent argument. But when you live in a country that was ruled with as big an iron fist as Saddam ruled it, what chances do you really have of trying to change the leadership in the country. What chances do you have of defeating a man who has control of the entire army, and it just about every weapon available in the country? You don't have one. People in that country lived in constant fear of waking up one night and getting hauled off to jail for some trivial reason. Yes, we fought for our freedom here in the States. But prior to the revolution King George wasn't going around slaughtering and torturing thousands of his own people. We revolted because of taxation without representation. If these people so much as farted in the wrong direction they were arrested and killed.
    [/b][/quote]

Sounds like the present day US. [/b][/quote]
    I don't remember the last time we were dropping chemical weapons or hauling people off to death camps in the continental U.S. Maybe you can enlighten me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik+Feb 1 2005, 07:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mavrik @ Feb 1 2005, 07:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 01:37 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Warfish, you make the argument that you would not waste one American life to bring freedom to anyone that didn&#39;t so desire it, and that is a decent argument. But when you live in a country that was ruled with as big an iron fist as Saddam ruled it, what chances do you really have of trying to change the leadership in the country. What chances do you have of defeating a man who has control of the entire army, and it just about every weapon available in the country? You don&#39;t have one. People in that country lived in constant fear of waking up one night and getting hauled off to jail for some trivial reason. Yes, we fought for our freedom here in the States. But prior to the revolution King George wasn&#39;t going around slaughtering and torturing thousands of his own people. We revolted because of taxation without representation. If these people so much as farted in the wrong direction they were arrested and killed.
    [/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t remember the last time we were dropping chemical weapons or hauling people off to death camps in the continental U.S. Maybe you can enlighten me. [/b][/quote]
    Well we did experiment with nuclear weopons on our own soldiers. We allow large corporations to dictate environmental laws that deteriorate our lives through pollution/smog/mercury/etc... We did have concentration camps where we detained Japanese Americans during WWII. We execute people with mental illness. We send our troops to die for oil. We once had slavery and now Bush is trying to reinstate it with his amnesty program. We also slaughtered an entire race of people and forced the remnants onto reservations.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Feb 1 2005, 05:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Feb 1 2005, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Mavrik@Feb 1 2005, 07:22 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 01:37 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Warfish, you make the argument that you would not waste one American life to bring freedom to anyone that didn&#39;t so desire it, and that is a decent argument. But when you live in a country that was ruled with as big an iron fist as Saddam ruled it, what chances do you really have of trying to change the leadership in the country. What chances do you have of defeating a man who has control of the entire army, and it just about every weapon available in the country? You don&#39;t have one. People in that country lived in constant fear of waking up one night and getting hauled off to jail for some trivial reason. Yes, we fought for our freedom here in the States. But prior to the revolution King George wasn&#39;t going around slaughtering and torturing thousands of his own people. We revolted because of taxation without representation. If these people so much as farted in the wrong direction they were arrested and killed.
    [/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t remember the last time we were dropping chemical weapons or hauling people off to death camps in the continental U.S. Maybe you can enlighten me. [/b][/quote]
    Well we did experiment with nuclear weopons on our own soldiers. We allow large corporations to dictate environmental laws that deteriorate our lives through pollution/smog/mercury/etc... We did have concentration camps where we detained Japanese Americans during WWII. We execute people with mental illness. We send our troops to die for oil. We once had slavery and now Bush is trying to reinstate it with his amnesty program. We also slaughtered an entire race of people and forced the remnants onto reservations. [/b][/quote]
    #1 I&#39;ve never heard of any instances of us using nukes on our own soldiers, If this was during the 50s then maybe you are right. But as for the rest:

- We pulled out of Kyoto, and yet big countries like China and India with populations more than 3 times the size of our own aren&#39;t required to make targeted emissions cuts. Show me a way to lower pollution in U.S. factories without it resulting in the loss of thousands of U.S. jobs and I&#39;ll be happy to listen.

- Read what I wrote, I said "Death" camps. Tell me what is worse, Japanese citizens being contained in "INTERNMENT" camps for the duration of the war, or Jews being sent to Auschwitz by the thousands where they were starved, worked to utter exhaustion, stripped naked and sent into "showers" where they were gassed and murdered,only to and have their bodies thrown on a heal pile to rot.

The Japanese camps were wrong, and so was stripping them of their rights. Abe Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus (sp?) during the Civil War, would you have wanted him impeached?

- Slavery had been a norm throughout all of human history, so to specifically blame the United States for having the institution is stupid. Accept the fact that slavery was an accepted institution at the time, and was prolonged more because of feelings of white supremacy and regional politics than of any national philosophy, however wrong it might have been. Need I remind you that it was Southern Democrats (and for the most part, northern democrats) that were the most fervernt anti-abolitionists during the Civil War era? Lincoln believed slavery was morally wrong, yet the only reason he initially did not call to eliminate it was because he was trying to keep the Union together. Slavery had been around since the days when Romans were enslaving WHITE people. Are you going to blame Italians for events that happened 2,000 years ago? No, of course not. So how are you going to blame the America of today for having an institution abolished nearly 140 years ago? An unfortunate situation yes, but in no way shape or form reflecting 20th or 21st century America.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 04:21 PM
    [b] Unbelievable. This is THE most offensive thing I&#39;ve seen on this board since I&#39;ve been here.

This thread absolutely tramples on every man and woman that has died in this conflict, but I&#39;ve really come to expect no less. [/b][/quote]
    Of course it does. Anyone who questions anything does, right? Anyone who even considers anything other than what they are told by the powers that be does, right?

How, exactly, does ansking this question "trample on every man and woman that has died in this conflict" I would really love to hear your detailed explaination how questioning any one facet of this war does such a horrible thing.

Is there, in your view, ANY question a citizen of the U.S.A. CAN ask about this war that would be appropriate??

Personally, I find it odd that the Conservatives here are more "liberal" in their viewpoint today regarding this war than I am. All I hear is peace and freedom and love and flowers here now, when we should be hearing "Kill the damn Terrorists" instead. Giving away Billions to other nations?? Sounds like a Democrat psotion to me. Utopic visions of World Peace through freedom? Again, sounds like B.S. dreamworld Liberal thinking to me. I thought conservatives were more grounded than that.

As I said, I am ALL FOR a true War on Terrorism. A War were we seek out and kill every single terrorist we can find, and worry about their "freedom" later. However, I am NOT for spending some unlimited amount of American lives and 100&#39;s of Billions of American dollars to provide freedom for some OTHER nation, a freedom that may or may not help the War on Terror at all, and may or may not make America a safer place. If caring for the well being of Americans and American citizens FIRST AND FOREMOST is wrong, well, I guess I&#39;m wrong.