Thread: Hey Republicans

All League
    [url=http://www.rawstory.com/images/pdfs/rawstory_socialsecurity.pdf]http://www.rawstory.com/images/pdfs/rawsto...ialsecurity.pdf[/url]

Go to page 6.

[SIZE=3]Key Recommendations[/SIZE]

"Personalization" not "Privatization": Personalization suggests increased personal ownership and control. Privatization connotes the total corporate takeover of Social Security; this is inaccurate (it is though) and it thoroughly turns off listeners who are very concerned about corporate wrongdoing. ( :lol: )

Talk in simple language: Your audience doesn't understand financial jargon. Phrases such as "cash flow deficits" and "actuarial imbalance" don't normally crop up in conversation; avoid using them.

Keep the numbers small: [b]Your audience doesn’t know how trillions and billions differ. They know these numbers are large, but not how large nor how many billions make a trillion. Boil numbers down to “your family’s share.” Also avoid percentages; your audience will try to calculate them in their head—no easy task while listening to a speech—and many will do it incorrectly.[/b]

That last one's especially hilarious. :lol: :lol:

curtisthenotsogreat.

I hope you stretched out before attempting this desperate reach.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sackdance[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 10:17 PM
    [b] curtisthenotsogreat.

I hope you stretched out before attempting this desperate reach. [/b][/quote]
    Desperate reach? :lol: Feel a little down after learning what your elected officials think of you? Seriously, this is the official Republican playbook on their attempted Social Security reform.

There's a few more doozies on page 7.

�� Don’t say, “Social Security lifts seniors out of poverty”: People don’t appreciate all that Social Security does, and believe that despite the program, many seniors are still in poverty. Instead, talk about how Social Security is a “floor of protection” that keep seniors out of the most dire circumstances.

�� Don’t get dismissed by a skeptical audience: Your audience is skeptical of things that sound perfect or too pat. They will dismiss the notion that the government can help them accumulate a million dollars in a personal account. They do not find it credible that the accounts will be easy to manage.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

You have to excuse curtisthedope- no human being in the history of mankind has been proven so wrong so many times in a 24 hour period as this clown.

Curtis...you watch kerri the clown on MTP yesterday? ;)

Go-Go Howie! :lol:

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 10:35 PM
    [b] You have to excuse curtisthedope- no human being in the history of mankind has been proven so wrong so many times in a 24 hour period as this clown.

Go-Go Howie! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Classic CBTNY response. I could envision this from the second I posted this.

"What he thinks is a smart remark" "A smily face" "Stupid libs"

Please god don't post unless you have anything serious to contribute, other than the stupid crap you post all the time that even other repubs here think is moronic.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Jan 31 2005, 11:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat &#064; Jan 31 2005, 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 10:35 PM
    [b] You have to excuse curtisthedope- no human being in the history of mankind has been proven so wrong so many times in a 24 hour period as this clown.

Go-Go Howie&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]

Please god don&#39;t post unless you have anything serious to contribute, other than the stupid crap you post all the time that even other repubs here think is moronic. [/b][/quote]
    If you would just practice what you preach you&#39;d never post here...and nice way to avoid the topic...did you watch kerri prove most all your liberal rheotric facts wrong yesterday???

here let me help you liberal scum:

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42556]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.ph...showtopic=42556[/url]

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 31 2005, 10:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 31 2005, 10:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by curtisthegreat@Jan 31 2005, 11:39 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 10:35 PM

Go-Go Howie&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]

Please god don&#39;t post unless you have anything serious to contribute, other than the stupid crap you post all the time that even other repubs here think is moronic. [/b][/quote]
    If you would just practice what you preach you&#39;d never post here...and nice way to avoid the topic...did you watch kerri prove most all your liberal rheotric facts wrong yesterday???

here let me help you liberal scum:

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42556]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.ph...showtopic=42556[/url] [/b][/quote]
    That seems to be pretty similar to what I said. It&#39;s nice and all, but it&#39;s foolish to expect it to be some great thing that will stop the insurgency.

All League
    And oh yeah, people like CBTNY don&#39;t do much to disprove their theory.

All Pro
    Isn&#39;t that better than the Democratic handbook that says if there is no signs of Voter Intimidation or fraud present, make it up and blame it on the Republicans?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Enough of the Name Calling, Insults and Personal Attacks.