Thread: Ronnie Reagan Riffs

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan[/i]

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
    [i]- Ronald Reagan [/i]

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
    [i]- Ronald Reagan[/i]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's some more:

[quote][b]Facts are stupid things.[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself."[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles."
    [/b][/quote]

[quote][b]"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]"We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to succeed."
    [/b][/quote]

[quote][b]"Well, I learned a lot....I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You'd be surprised. They're all individual countries"[/b][/quote]

:lol:

(let me suffix this by saying i believe Reagan was one of the greatest presidents of the Modern era and about 100x better than George W. Bush - who if i wanted to post every stupid quote he ever said in public i would probably crash the board)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about " i don't recall"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As opposed to Hillary!, world's smartest woman, using it 47 times in a row about her cattle future investments and other issues before a federal grand jury.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 07:10 AM
    [b] As opposed to Hillary!, world's smartest woman, using it 47 times in a row about her cattle future investments and other issues before a federal grand jury. [/b][/quote]
    Speaking of heir hillary...remember her "listening tour" from 2000??? What a joke!