Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T NHL season to finally be canceled

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read that the league is going to announce the canceling of the season either today or tommorow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a sad day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sucks and I like all the same teams as you. Very sad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was what happens when two sides do not have any sense of urgency to try to make an agreement. I hate not having hockey to watch but it is all ready 4 months and I think I have survived. Now if they would only stay in a hotel room and not take a break to have a "next season" in hockey.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just another abortion put on by the players and owners in sports OTHER than football. The NFL is the ONLY league that seems to have its act together..........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mainejet@Feb 3 2005, 02:40 PM
    Just another abortion put on by the players and owners in sports OTHER than football. The NFL is the ONLY league that seems to have its act together..........
    Exactly, the NBA and MLB will all soon have there own armagedons....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bout time. The less I hear about hockey, the better off I am.

Hopefully this is only year one of a multiple year "No-Hockey-a-thon".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have still watched. I'm pissed, man!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles+Feb 3 2005, 02:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsMetsIsles @ Feb 3 2005, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mainejet@Feb 3 2005, 02:40 PM
    Exactly, the NBA and MLB will all soon have there own armagedons.... [/b][/quote]
    love the sig JMI....so true

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jetsmets@Feb 3 2005, 02:35 PM
    Yes, well at least we dont have the Islanders to dissapoint us this year, only 27 days till Pitchers and Catchers report :unsure:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles+Feb 3 2005, 02:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsMetsIsles @ Feb 3 2005, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsmets@Feb 3 2005, 02:35 PM
    Yes, well at least we dont have the Islanders to dissapoint us this year, only 27 days till Pitchers and Catchers report :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, at least they made the playoffs the last 3 years in a row. Hockey playoffs are so exciting. Gotta be excited for the Mets though. Feburary is usually a tough sports month, it will be worse now without hockey.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Dolans have already destroyed the Rangers, so I wasn&#39;t missing much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good i hate hockey&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yawn&#33; At this point who cares? Why let them provide a watered down 2 month season then have playoffs that last 3 months at inflated ticket prices? They screwed the fans, now they can all screw themselves.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Warfish@Feb 3 2005, 02:46 PM
    Bout time. The less I hear about hockey, the better off I am.

Hopefully this is only year one of a multiple year "No-Hockey-a-thon".
    So, because you don&#39;t like hockey or don&#39;t care about it any longer you want to see the sport go away? Nice....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by parkwayjet1@Feb 3 2005, 03:06 PM
    The Dolans have already destroyed the Rangers, so I wasn&#39;t missing much.
    Yeah, although I have enjoyed seeing the rangers suck, it is bad for hockey and I hate the Dolans. They are one of the main reasons for the labor dispute, overpaying for Kasparitis and Holik.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JetsMetsIsles,

I hear your pain brother.

Just so you know, I&#39;m going to move this to the NHL Forum, being that I&#39;ve been accused of having an itchy trigger finger with the NBA and MLB stuff and I don&#39;t want to be accused of having a double standard.

That said, F Bettman, the owners and the players. Cancelling an entire season, never seen anything like it in my life.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    There has not been a resounding effort by anyone to avoid this. The Owners want a cap, the players are against the cap. No one budges, players go abroad to play. End of Season.

Wont miss hockey except for playoffs. Regular season hockey is kind of boring. Without a cap, the league would end up contracting to 8-10 teams anyway.

Rangers suck, so rangers fans arent missing much.

Isles, they had promise, more so than the putrid product the Dolans put out. Bottom line, no one is missing hockey much. Hell March Madness is almost here and that will tide us over till Baseball.

-VilManiac

Popularity in the USA&#33;
    1) Football
    2) Baseball
    3) College BB
    4) NBA
    5) Pro Bowlers tour
    6) Nascar
    7) Tennis
    8) NHL Hockey <-------------See the Problem?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by VilManiac@Feb 3 2005, 05:32 PM
    There has not been a resounding effort by anyone to avoid this. The Owners want a cap, the players are against the cap. No one budges, players go abroad to play. End of Season.

Wont miss hockey except for playoffs. Regular season hockey is kind of boring. Without a cap, the league would end up contracting to 8-10 teams anyway.

Rangers suck, so rangers fans arent missing much.

Isles, they had promise, more so than the putrid product the Dolans put out. Bottom line, no one is missing hockey much. Hell March Madness is almost here and that will tide us over till Baseball.

-VilManiac

Popularity in the USA&#33;
    1) Football
    2) Baseball
    3) College BB
    4) NBA
    5) Pro Bowlers tour
    6) Nascar
    7) Tennis
    8) NHL Hockey <-------------See the Problem?
    with the ratings and the crowds they get, nascar&#39;s gotta go up right behind baseball.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...being that the season is over before it began, i never got the opportunity to say this, so here it goes:

F- the Rangers&#33;

Fellow Isles fans, feel free to join in....