Thread: I wonder what would happen if McCartney sang...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Why don't we do it in the road?" during halftime? The reaction of the Christian Reich would be absolutely hilarious. :lol: :lol: It's hysterical just to think about what those loonies would say. Oh and "Born in the USSR" just to piss of any reich-wingers that weren't already pissed. :lol: :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 06:39 PM
    [b] "Why don't we do it in the road?" during halftime? The reaction of the Christian Reich would be absolutely hilarious. :lol: :lol: It's hysterical just to think about what those loonies would say. Oh and "Born in the USSR" just to piss of any reich-wingers that weren't already pissed. :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Actually if he sang "Born in the USSR" it would just dissapoint the liberal scum in America even more as it will remind them of the heritage they always wanted.

Then again he could sing the liberal hymn "Taxman" :lol: :lol:

Of course he could finish off with a tribute to coward dean and the rats by singing "Nowhere Man" :lol: :lol:

[b]He's a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody [/b]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously why do u ever post? It's the same damn thing every time. Hee hee I'm funny, I just called liberals commies. I'm so funny. hee hee. Christ's sakes keep your moronic comments to yourselves.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 07:20 PM
    [b] Seriously why do u ever post? It's the same damn thing every time. Hee hee I'm funny, I just called liberals commies. I'm so funny. hee hee. Christ's sakes keep your moronic comments to yourselves. [/b][/quote]
    Intelligent response......especially from someone who cannot back up his rhetoric with a single fact....why would anyone expect anything else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] Seriously why do u ever post? It's the same damn thing every time. Hee hee I'm funny, I just called liberals commies. I'm so funny. hee hee. Christ's sakes keep your moronic comments to yourselves. [/b][/quote]
    :D :D :D Christian Reich :D :D :D Did you come up with that one all by yourself :lol: :lol: So funny!! Your a real original. And your posts are always so well thought out. You just tell em like you see em i guess :blink: :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No kidding.

The Christian Reich would be enjoying the show like everyone else.

Remember the amusing concept of the "angry white males" in America, used to explain away the growing appeal of conservatism? What about the "angry deluded liberals" - they are everywhere, 'cept the voting booth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCartney had to submit copies of all of the lyrics he planned on singing prior to air so FOX could sensor them. I think everyone's a little overly skiddish these days.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Kettle? Pot?

Ring a bell?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And this post you started was real worthwhile, wasn't it? :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 01:53 PM
    [b] And this post you started was real worthwhile, wasn't it? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I'm sorry did I waste your time? Am I supposed to care? And oh I have a hard time believing the right wingnuts would just sit there. Jerry Falwell would probably run to Jacksonville and strangle Paul McCartney or something, assuming that fat s**t can even run.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, if he sang "Born In The USSR," it would probably piss off rock fans the most. You see, the song is called "Back In The USSR."

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patchyfogg[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 12:35 PM
    [b] Actually, if he sang "Born In The USSR," it would probably piss off rock fans the most. You see, the song is called "Back In The USSR." [/b][/quote]
    see...Freudian slip!!!! :lol: :lol:

Alas- most liberals and lefties are desperate for a heritage of communism and 'ol europe just as I've stated!!

Good pick-up BTW; I'm a Zeppeling fanatic myself.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBTNY, did you ever get to see Zeplin live ? My cousin, who's a few years older than me, had tickets to see them at MSG in 1980??, but the tour was cancelled when Bonham died. I'm pretty sure he still has the ticket.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kevin45[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 12:49 PM
    [b] CBTNY, did you ever get to see Zeplin live ? My cousin, who's a few years older than me, had tickets to see them at MSG in 1980??, but the tour was cancelled when Bonham died. I'm pretty sure he still has the ticket. [/b][/quote]
    Actually yes...I saw them opening night at the Garden in 1977- 6/7/77: I have the ticket stub right above me in a frame- I was 13 years old- to this date one of the greatest experiences ever...I recently got a bootleg copy of that concert- poor quliaty though. Somewhere around I have a bunch of pictures I took at that show with my Kodak tele-instamatic camera!!!

The face value of the ticket????....$10.50!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat+Feb 7 2005, 10:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (curtisthegreat @ Feb 7 2005, 10:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheBrodyMan[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 01:53 PM
    [b] And this post you started was real worthwhile, wasn&#39;t it? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sorry did I waste your time? Am I supposed to care? And oh I have a hard time believing the right wingnuts would just sit there. Jerry Falwell would probably run to Jacksonville and strangle Paul McCartney or something, assuming that fat s**t can even run. [/b][/quote]
    Well, I guess you forgot commenting to someone else about making a comment that didnt interest you:

[quote][b]Seriously why do u ever post? It&#39;s the same damn thing every time. Hee hee I&#39;m funny, I just called liberals commies. I&#39;m so funny. hee hee. Christ&#39;s sakes keep your moronic comments to yourselves. [/b][/quote]

Remember that?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 8 2005, 01:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Feb 8 2005, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kevin45[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 12:49 PM
    [b] CBTNY, did you ever get to see Zeplin live ? My cousin, who&#39;s a few years older than me, had tickets to see them at MSG in 1980??, but the tour was cancelled when Bonham died. I&#39;m pretty sure he still has the ticket. [/b][/quote]
    Actually yes...I saw them opening night at the Garden in 1977- 6/7/77: I have the ticket stub right above me in a frame- I was 13 years old- to this date one of the greatest experiences ever...I recently got a bootleg copy of that concert- poor quliaty though. Somewhere around I have a bunch of pictures I took at that show with my Kodak tele-instamatic camera&#33;&#33;&#33;

The face value of the ticket????....&#036;10.50&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    where was your cousin suppose to see them in &#39;80?? Chicago I am guessing...

the sad thing for me was, I always was and remain a HUGE Zeppelin fan and Bonham died on my birthday- September 25&#33;&#33;&#33; My relatives all called and said "Happy Birthday&#33;&#33;&#33; Sorry to hear about Zeppelin"..very depressing day.

my wife and I built a brand new house and moved in when our daughter was barely five months old- the first thing that went up on her room wall was a big Zeppelin poster...it remains there today.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "where was your cousin suppose to see them in &#39;80?? Chicago I am guessing..."

He lived in Teaneck, NJ at the time so I&#39;m assuming it was Madison Square Garden, but not positive.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kevin45[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 10:49 AM
    [b] "where was your cousin suppose to see them in &#39;80?? Chicago I am guessing..."

He lived in Teaneck, NJ at the time so I&#39;m assuming it was Madison Square Garden, but not positive. [/b][/quote]
    could not have been- Zeppelin was never slated to play in NY or the east coast during the first part of the &#39;80 tour.

The &#39;80 tour was broken up into several "mini-tours" as Robert Plant, whose 5 year old son tragically died while Zep was near the end of the &#39;77 tour, did not want to be away from home for long periods.

The plan was to break up the &#39;80-&#39;81 tour into several sections, starting with Chicago and other mid-American cities the group cancelled dates on in &#39;77.

If he&#39;s got a ticket for Zep at MSG in 1980 it&#39;s a fake but I&#39;m sure he can sell it on ebay for &#036;500&#33;&#33; :D

Tell your cousin Plant&#39;s new album comes out in May and he&#39;s touring this summer.