Thread: The Great Irony of Political JETS Fans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to politics there are two major parties - Conservatives and Liberals

When the opportunity presents itself (i.e. things go well), The Conservatives support every move that the President makes without exception.

When the opportunity presents itself (i.e. things go poorly), The Liberals trace that outcome to incompetance of the President.

When the President does something great, the Cons praise him to no end -
    When the President does something badly, they are apologists of the first order, talking about the extenuating circumstances that are REALLY to blame.

Conversely when the President does something great, the Libs will say that success was achieved DESPITE the President, not BECAUSE of him. When he does ANYTHING even remotely wrong they are on his butt like white on rice.

The overriding goal of the Liberal is to oust the President.
    The overriding goal of the Conservative is to preserve the President.

---

When it comes to JETS football there are two major parties - Conservatives and Liberals.

When the opportunity presents itself (i.e. things go well), The Conservatives support every move that the Head Coach makes without exception.

When the opportunity presents itself (i.e. things go poorly), The Liberals trace that outcome to incompetance of the Head Coach.

When the Head Coach does something great, the Cons praise him to no end -
    When the Head Coach does something badly, they are apologists of the first order, talking about the extenuating circumstances that are REALLY to blame.

Conversely when the Head Coach does something great, the Libs will say that success was achieved DESPITE the President, not BECAUSE of him. When he does ANYTHING even remotely wrong they are on his butt like white on rice.

The overriding goal of the Liberal is to oust the Head Coach.
    The overriding goal of the Conservative is to preserve the Head Coach.

---

so after all this, what is the great Irony of Political Jets fans?

[b]The political conservatives are almost always football liberals. The political liberals are almost always football conservatives.[/b]

---

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    in essence liberals are nothing more then a bunch of whiney, *****ing fools who do nothing but find fault??

Tell you what- there are more conservative Jet fans on this board who will fault with GWB-Herm when needed as opposed to libs who will conversley give credit to the duo when it is called for....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting Theory Bit....

I am a political "Moderate", i.e. I try to look at every issue WITHOUT considering political party affiliation. If I think Bush (or the Repub's) messed up, I say so. If I think Bush did good (or the Libs are at fault), then I say so.

However, I am, by your definition, something of a Jets Conservative, as I support Herm, Chad and Bradway right now. However, I like to think I am intelligent enough to place blame appropriately, look at Jets issues with something of an objective eye, and come to a conclusion. So maybe I am more "Moderate" when it comes to the Jets too.....

In any event, it IS an interesting theory.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very astute-Bit

I am a moderate Political Conservative (more Giulianini/McCain than Bush) and seemingly
    I am a moderate Jets Liberal (Herms record is impressive and if he improves we can win, but in 3 games this year (Stl, Bal, Pitt 2) he got in the way of his team potentially winning)

At least in my case your theory holds up!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed the same thing with the Westside Stadium issue.

I support the stadium fully.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am both a political liberal and a football liberal.

Although my goal isn't to get Herm fired, it's to win a Super Bowl. Having Herm fired just helps that cause. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    notice the wording if final conclusion

ALMOST is featured prominently - there are always exceptions to every rule.

Generally, i see a correlation between Bush voters and Herm haters... and between Bush haters and Herm lovers.

the West side stadium sometimes does follows along those lines - but it can become a more personal issue, tied

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 09:18 AM
    [b] notice the wording if final conclusion

Generally, i see a correlation between Bush voters and Herm haters... and between Bush haters and Herm lovers.

the West side stadium sometimes does follows along those lines - but it can become a more personal issue, tied [/b][/quote]
    I'm confused...

Do Bush haters love Herm or hate him??

Also, are the liberals for a stadium or is it the conservatives?

I noticed that most liberals are against the stadium because they feel it will be funded by money that they feel could have been better used as handouts for the non working class.

I also noticed that most liberals are against the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan for the same reason. They'd prefer the money bes given to them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a liberal, I don't support Herm, and I do want a West Side Stadium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 09:18 AM

the West side stadium sometimes does follows along those lines - but it can become a more personal issue, tied [/b][/quote]
    Consider me the exception then.

I support both the Prez and Herm. Both have made mistakes and at times aren't the best public speakers, but in general are heading country and team in the right direction.

Conservatives, unlike liberals, should always be looking at the big picture.

Substance over style.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Feb 12 2005, 03:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Feb 12 2005, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 09:18 AM

Consider me the exception then.

I support both the Prez and Herm. Both have made mistakes and at times aren&#39;t the best public speakers, but in general are heading country and team in the right direction.

Conservatives, unlike liberals, should always be looking at the big picture.

Substance over style. [/b][/quote]
    seriously....I support GWB and think people go way over the edge against Edwards. Then again, you get a lot of fickle Jets fans on the football board.