View Poll Results: Will We see Hockey this year?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 8.33%
  • No

11 91.67%

Thread: Deadline Sunday, Will we see hockey this year?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They set the deadline for Sunday , I really believe they will reach an agreement, these lockouts usually seem to get settled on the last possible day, and I really believe the Players Union was holding out for the last day to see the best deal they can get from the Owners, there is no way the Players can afford to sit out this year and see what happens next year, they would have to be completly assanine, Hockey in the United States ranks below Nascar and Golf in terms of popularity, if the players dont agree to the best deal the Owners offer by Sunday, they are out of there f---g minds and they WILL regret it, I really believe there will be Hockey this year and we will see them play in the next few weeks, it will probably be a 28 game season, but I just cant imagine them not reaching an agreement....

O yea I know I made that post that said NHL season is done, but that was just something I saw on ESPN news, my bad, should have known you cant trust the media.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm drawing the line in the sand (Crossed)

Ok, I'm drawing another line in the sand (Crossed)

Ok I'm drawing another line in the sand (Crossed)

I think you know how it goes. F everyone in the NHL and most of all F Bettman for putting the NHL in this situation to begin with

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they resolve this by this Sunday, and announce the cancellation of this season (whats the point) and the plans for the 2005/2006 season with major changes-not just a bandaid CBA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they resolve it by Sunday, I really think they will try to get a season, just to get interest back, if they wait until next October, then alot of fans will be turned away, if they get a mini season going, at least they can try to draw some of those fans back and hopefully get all of those fans back by next October....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said it before, I'll say it again: support your local minor, college, and high school teams this year. The NHL season has been a wash since June 8th.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hockey stinks!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetMan55@Feb 14 2005, 12:45 AM
    Hockey stinks!
    Jetman55 s**t the F*&K up already. We got it. You don't like hockey.

Maybe if you spent more time watching it and less time on this site posting one word and/or one sentence posts to up your post count you'd like it.

All you do around here is hop on threads and post one word sentenances to try to increase your post count.

Go take your worthless contribution somewhere else.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    By IRA PODELL<

February 14, 2005

AP - Feb 11, 2:46 pm EST
    More Photos

NEW YORK (AP) -- With no miracle save in sight and a weekend deadline long gone, the NHL made plans for a news conference Tuesday to cancel what little remained of a season already decimated by a lockout.

A public relations executive, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press that planning was under way Monday for NHL commissioner Gary Bettman to make the announcement at a news conference in New York.

The Canadian Press, citing an unidentified source, said Bettman will cancel the season at the news conference.

The NHL would become the first major professional league in North America to cancel an entire season because of a labor dispute. This would mark the first time the Stanley Cup was not awarded since a flu epidemic canceled the finals in 1919.

Asked about The Canadian Press report, NHL spokesman Frank Brown said the league had no comment at this time.

Bettman and NHL has to drag this out - enough damage has been done to the sport of hockey-just call the season already and be persistent with continued negotiations with the players so they can have an agreement in place to play for next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard a rumor this morning that the Player&#39;s Association has agreed to accept a &#036;52 million cap, not tied to revenue (no linkage is the term) and includes the 24% rollback in salaries accross the board. This would be the framework for an agreement, but I doubt the owner&#39;s (i.e., Bettman) go along. They want a linked cap and a &#036;40 million max.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, that rumor is true.

The No. 1 issue that has plagued the NHL lockout went out the window Monday night when the NHL Players&#39; Association offered a deal that included a &#036;52-million US salary cap.
    And naturally...

But the deal was rejected by the NHL.
    Say goodnight, folks.