Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Korea

no snide article this time-

just the grim news that "axis of evil" member North Korea has Nukes and has pulled out of negotations to disarm.

oh and by the way they have no current rockets that could reach America - but there is one proposed the "taepo dong 2" that theoretically could cover the 12000 KM over the pole and hit Los Angeles.

it seems like the ball is in our court again... what to do about these crazy aholes?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

nothing- I doubt they have a nuke rather Kim Il-Insane wants attention. The bigger threat is not North Korea using a nuke (China would obliterate them) rather them selling it to others...still, you have to have a delivery system.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 09:48 AM
    [b] no snide article this time-

[/b][/quote]
    Hmmm....

Could this have anything to do with the fact Bill Clinton allowed this to happen?

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 10:21 AM
    [b] Could this have anything to do with the fact Bill Clinton allowed this to happen? [/b][/quote]
    COP OUT

hey sh-t why not blame Harry Truman for not finishing the job while you are at it?

looking for answers here people - "blame Bubba" and "do nothing" doesn't exactly solve the problem now does it ?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

In the spirit of 'no snide remarks' , I think it is positive that N. Korea is requesting(demanding?) one on one talks with the US

[url=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20050211/ap_on_re_as/nkorea_nuclear_34]N. Korea wants to talk[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Feb 11 2005, 10:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Feb 11 2005, 10:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-New England Hick[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 10:21 AM
    [b] Could this have anything to do with the fact Bill Clinton allowed this to happen? [/b][/quote]
    COP OUT

hey sh-t why not blame Harry Truman for not finishing the job while you are at it?

looking for answers here people - "blame Bubba" and "do nothing" doesn&#39;t exactly solve the problem now does it ? [/b][/quote]
    it is not a cop out...it is a fact: clinton gave the N koreans tons of aid including 1000&#39;s of gallons of oil PLUS the technology to develop light water nuclear reactors in return of the "promise" given by a madman not to develop nuclear weapons...if anything it is another case of an Bush hater such as yourself sticking your head in the sand,

you aren&#39;t reading closely enough

i stand by my statement

blaming Bubba doesn&#39;t solve anything.

the delivery system is in the works, i posted that as well but you would rather talk about Bill Clinton?

what about any answers?

assuming you are right for the sake of argument, it&#39;s all Bubba&#39;s fault

what can we do about it NOW?

What is BUSH doing to do to make this country safer? invading Iraq and transforming the ME isn&#39;t going to affect North Korea.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 11:45 AM
    [b] you aren&#39;t reading closely enough

i stand by my statement

blaming Bubba doesn&#39;t solve anything.

the delivery system is in the works, i posted that as well but you would rather talk about Bill Clinton?

what about any answers?

assuming you are right for the sake of argument, it&#39;s all Bubba&#39;s fault

what can we do about it NOW?

What is BUSH doing to do to make this country safer? invading Iraq and transforming the ME isn&#39;t going to affect North Korea. [/b][/quote]
    I read your original statement and answered accordingly in my first post...it is only when you claimed someone "copped out" for stating the truth I felt you needed a refresher course in history.

he did cop out and so did you

the title of this thread is "what are we going to do" not "what happened"

talking about what Bill Clinton did wrong isn&#39;t going to solve ANYTHING going forward.

blaming the whole situation on Bill Clinton doesn&#39;t excuse this nation from DEALING with the problem of North Korea

im looking for answers - all you guys posted have been excuses.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 12:29 PM
    [b] he did cop out and so did you

talking about what Bill Clinton did wrong isn&#39;t going to solve ANYTHING going forward.

blaming the whole situation on Bill Clinton doesn&#39;t excuse this nation from DEALING with the problem of North Korea

im looking for answers - all you guys posted have been excuses. [/b][/quote]
    you are so full of sh&#33;t it is ridiculous "bro"...the only cop-outs are liberal losers such as yourself (I know---you are not a liberal) who do nothing more then *****, moan and complain.

All Pro
    My opinion...subject to change...is that we do little to nothing, unless their neighbors vocalize that they&#39;re becoming an aggressor.

If they attacked South Korea (and I doubt they would) we could squash them in about 5 minutes. They might get a few nukes off, but it&#39;s be the last button they ever push and pushing it means democracy and capitalism for the survivors. Self-preservation is the first priority of a tyrant.

THE PRESIDENT PROBABLY HAS A MEMO: "Warning, North Korea is run by a nut, and an LA-bound nuke is a possibility". Per today&#39;s flap in the news, maybe we should act now&#33;

...but we simply can&#39;t act on remote possibilities. Every foreign citizen in the world is subject to attack and slaughter and we don&#39;t lose a wink of sleep over it. Maybe waiting for a tragedy like a 9-11 (or Pearl Harbor, or Hussein attacking Kuwait) is the only responsible way for a country to act.

TMahoney
    We need to stop acting like he doesn&#39;t exist and infiltrate his country with our economic power. The people their are brainwashed and starving, if we put down the santctions and start trading generously with North Koreans they will be opened up to the free-flow of ideas and eventually they&#39;ll realize how Kim Jong is only hurting their advancement in society.

No sovereign nation is going to use nukes on the United States of America because they know that their whole country will then be blanketed with ICBM&#39;s not 8 minutes after they pressed the button.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by CarlSpackler[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 01:05 PM
    [b] We need to stop acting like he doesn&#39;t exist and infiltrate his country with our economic power. The people their are brainwashed and starving, if we put down the santctions and start trading generously with North Koreans they will be opened up to the free-flow of ideas and eventually they&#39;ll realize how Kim Jong is only hurting their advancement in society.

No sovereign nation is going to use nukes on the United States of America because they know that their whole country will then be blanketed with ICBM&#39;s not 8 minutes after they pressed the button. [/b][/quote]
    Understand what you are saying carl but why do you think for a second il-insane will let that happen?? Empower his people???

Ironic in that many libs and leftists blame "American sanctions on Iraq" for the deaths of innocent Iraqi&#39;s yet when they did receive aid in the form of oil-for-food sadaam used the money to build his many palaces and develop weapons sysytems (of course the left seems to convieniently skip over this fact)...so why think il-insane would do anything different??

All Pro
    (Edit: Sorry CBNY, you just said the same thing. Didn&#39;t catch it)

This guy ding-dong-ill will only buy bombs with any trade revenue. It wouldn&#39;t do any good.

Look at Saddam Hussein. His trade options were limited to ONLY food. His people were starving. What did he do? Buy ROTTEN food at high prices....take a kickback from the foreign supplier, and buy BOMBS.

trade with korea won&#39;t work

TMahoney
    [quote][b]Understand what you are saying carl but why do you think for a second il-insane will let that happen?? Empower his people???

Ironic in that many libs and leftists blame "American sanctions on Iraq" for the deaths of innocent Iraqi&#39;s yet when they did receive aid in the form of oil-for-food sadaam used the money to build his many palaces and develop weapons sysytems (of course the left seems to convieniently skip over this fact)...so why think il-insane would do anything different?? [/b][/quote]

Our greatest asset is our markets and our free flow of ideas. When people in a dictatorship get wind of our ideas and get jobs from our markets, they will be much more inclined to be friendly partners with us to get rich than to wallow alone in the Korean peninsula.

As per Iraq, well the sanctions were a disaster only because France and Russia went behind our backs and the UN food for oil was more corrupt than Clinton&#39;s fundraising campaigns.

TMahoney
    [quote][b]This guy ding-dong-ill will only buy bombs with any trade revenue. It wouldn&#39;t do any good.

Look at Saddam Hussein. His trade options were limited to ONLY food. His people were starving. What did he do? Buy ROTTEN food at high prices....take a kickback from the foreign supplier, and buy BOMBS.

trade with korea won&#39;t work [/b][/quote]

Umm, we didnt trade with Iraq. It was the UN. I am talking about opening our full markets with North Korea, not some stupid oil for food program.

Banned
    What we really need to do is stop giving all of these other countries money and stop helping individuals.

Everytime we do it winds up biting us right in the ass. Look at what happened with Iraq, Osama, and N. Korea.

TMahoney
    [quote][b]What we really need to do is stop giving all of these other countries money and stop helping individuals.

Everytime we do it winds up biting us right in the ass. Look at what happened with Iraq, Osama, and N. Korea. [/b][/quote]

We gave money in the 70&#39;s to Saddam and that was a mistake but we never have given him aid since that, we never helped North Korea with anything since the korean war, we are actively hunting Osama Bin Laden and a huge bounty is on his head.

We dont need to give North Korea any money, what we need to do is open up the trade with them and get through to the north korean people through our ideas, not unlike how when we started to trade with China they&#39;ve beceome increasingly capitlist and have more individual freedoms and have become a lot better in humanitarian issues.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Feb 11 2005, 09:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ Feb 11 2005, 09:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 09:48 AM
    [b] no snide article this time-

[/b][/quote]
    Hmmm....

Could this have anything to do with the fact Bill Clinton allowed this to happen? [/b][/quote]
    Actually I think Clinton managed to get cameras into N.Korea&#39;s weapons labs or something like that, which were removed at some point during the Bush admin. But anyway, they certainly do have nuclear weapons and are a serious threat, as much to sell them to al qaeda or to use it themselves.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 11:29 AM
    [b] he did cop out and so did you

im looking for answers - all you guys posted have been excuses. [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti, i wouldn&#39;t expect much out of this. Whenever something unfavorable happens to a Republican, they naturally blame Clinton. It&#39;s as much a reflex for them as it for the rest of us when we get hit in the knee with one of those hammer things. CBTNY would rather focus on the past and what happened instead of what we must do about it. Because it&#39;s much more fun to just blame Clinton and not be proactive.