Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YOU PEOPLE REMEMBER "BOB PAGE"?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHHAHAHAH!!! Man this is crazy. Another Thread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob Page was at his smirkmeister best during the Kotite years with the Jets ... the faces he would make after playing Jets lowlights or a Kotite press conference were priceless ... it was the only thing that made me laugh about the Jets in those days, and often he made me LOL ... his facial expressions and comments on that team were absolutely hilarious ... his basic demeanor was, CAN YOU EFFIN BELIEVE THIS?!?! :blink:

BTW, I believe it was BOB PAGE who gave Kotite his now infamous nickname ... [i]Clueless Kotite[/i]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you actually just made me laugh out loud remembering how he would mock Kotite and make those faces as they cut back to the studio after Kotite just finished saying something. Priceless.

I am The TALKHOST...Hell is unleashed upon my signal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TALKHOST[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 01:04 AM
    [b] Yeah you actually just made me laugh out loud remembering how he would mock Kotite and make those faces as they cut back to the studio after Kotite just finished saying something. Priceless.

I am The TALKHOST...Hell is unleashed upon my signal. [/b][/quote]
    TH, I believe it was Bob Page who gave Kotite his nickname ... Clueless Kotite

In fact, I'm sure it was Bob Page who tagged him with that name

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right, exactly.

BP was a good one...but once Bob Gutkowski left the Garden he lost all of his support.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TALKHOST[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 01:07 AM
    [b] Right, exactly.

BP was a good one...but once Bob Gutkowski left the Garden he lost all of his support. [/b][/quote]
    See that's what I mean ... Page was actually PRO FAN ... he knew how the fans were suffering with Kotite and he empathized ... long before other members of the media were calling for Kotite's head, Bob Page was like ... YOU GOTTA GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE!!

He was the best friend Jet fans had in those days

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loved how he called Rich Kotite "Clueless Kotite" like it was his first name.

Agree wholeheartedly with GJH's comparison with Lupica. Lupica is a complete douchebag, like Rovbert Duvall's max character in "The Nautral"-it's all about him. He's known for going into places in Manhattan with that "Do you know who I am?" act like the world should sop on his command. His books are crap, but he's convinced a good chunk of the publishing crowd that he's a great sportwriter, even though most of the time his column is filled with either 2nd stuff or just idiocy.

Page understood he wasn't covering the Yalta Summit and kept a regular guy sensibility. But I suspect the fact that he didn't toe the company line didn't go over too well in Dolan Land when Cablevision took over. John Andriese and John Davidson KNOW they're watching crap, but they can never say it. If you watch the Knicks or the Rangers the last few years,even when it was obvious they completely sucked, the voices (except Walt Frazier) don't say boo. Once Jimmy Boy got hold of the keys, Page was done.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that some of the Calvary came to the rescue.

Well done chaps, mighty well done indeed.

And I thank you for your lucid and thoughful commentary and opinion.

I am The TALKHOST...Hell is unleashed upon my signal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 01:11 PM
    [b] Loved how he called Rich Kotite "Clueless Kotite" like it was his first name. [/b][/quote]
    No-one could say "Clueless Kotite" like Bob Page ... he made it sound like a four letter word :D

And sometimes he would just roll his eyes and call him "The Clueless One" :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but I liked Betty Page alot better!! ;)
    [img]http://www.enter.net/~rocketeer/page05.gif[/img]