Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YOU PEOPLE REMEMBER "BOB PAGE"?

Bob Page.

The man, the myth, the legend?

How many recall Page form hsi days at MSG Network and Sportsdesk in those times?

No, before anyone thinks it - I am NOT Bob Page.

Page splits his time between Miami, NY, and his place of birth, Detroit these days.

retired and out of the broadcasting Biz...at this "slow" down time for Jets football - I'd like any of you with opinions and or remebrances of the "Smirkmeister" , to please share your memories of BP.

Loved him?

Hated Him?

Wished he was back...glad he isn't on TV anymore? Any and all thoughts welcomed and encouraged.

I am The TALKHOST...Hell is unleashed upon my signal.

All Pro
    ?? I remeber him but what is the point of this thread??????? :blink: :blink: :ph34r:

This is self explanatory...re-read the thread for an answer to your question.

You obviously have been taking far too many cues from dickkotite.

All Pro
    Take YOUR Thread to another area of the Website!! This is the Landing Stip for JETS talk start a Randy Moss Thread and you will fit in weirdo.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 12:27 AM
    [b] :ph34r:

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay [/b][/quote]
    hhhahahah This Might BE THE WEIRDEST THREAD EVER. This Guy is either one of four things.
    1)Bob Page Himself
    2)Very Disturbed
    3) A Stalker
    4) all of the above

He subbed for someone on WFAN after the Leon Lett/ Don Beebe incident in a Super Bowl--Lett was showboating on a sure TD after a fumble and Beebe, perhaps the fastest WR in the NFL then, caught him from like 50 yards behind at the goal-line and caused another fumble.

Page made a seemingly minor remark some deemed "racist"....."Is this showboating a cultural thing among black players"...

Well, World War 3 broke out, as it seemed every black fan in tri-state area was phoning him in seconds...The whole show, he was basically saying "I'm not a racist" and he was never on the FAN again.

He was good, but seemed like bitter person, which wore thin after a while.

Ummm, Prza, are you sure that is your real name...or are you really Fredo Corleone in disguise?

Notice that the TALKHOST mentions this is a "slow" period, of talking up Jets football news...hence my off-beat, against the flow, not normally situated inquiry, with regard to your personal feelings about BOB PAGE.

Yes, Bob Page.

B-O-B P-A-G-E

The TALKHOST simply asks a simple question, and simply seeks a simple answer.

He (The TALKHOST) means no ill-will.

"Wierdo", is an adjective that is very unneccessary, and further verbage like this will feature an assortment of multi-pronged thrashings by the TALKHOST in quick order.

I warn you - DON'T GO THERE.

You are forgiven in advance for your obvious dim-witted indescretion, you may pass Go and continue on your way toward immediate repentance.

Simply provide your views of Mr. Page, if you wish to particpate in this thread.

If not, please think up a brilliant and topical Jets related posting, so that we may all take part in your forward moving grey matter momentum.

This is a simple query:

Do ya remember the guy?

What do you remember and what are your thoughts.

Hall Of Fame

we all know who bob page is but I gotta agree with PRZA........you have some issues m'man.

How the heck is this a slow period of Jets football news......hey NUTSO this is actually a high time since everyone is speculating on which free agent will come here and who the Jet's will draft.

Oh by the way there is a padded cell with a straight jacket with your name on it right down the hall to your left. ;)

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TALKHOST[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 11:35 PM
    [b] Ummm, Prza, are you sure that is your real name...or are you really Fredo Corleone in disguise?

Notice that the TALKHOST mentions this is a "slow" period, of talking up Jets football news...hence my off-beat, against the flow, not normally situated inquiry, with regard to your personal feelings about BOB PAGE.

Yes, Bob Page.

B-O-B P-A-G-E

The TALKHOST simply asks a simple question, and simply seeks a simple answer.

He (The TALKHOST) means no ill-will.

"Wierdo", is an adjective that is very unneccessary, and further verbage like this will feature an assortment of multi-pronged thrashings by the TALKHOST in quick order.

I warn you - DON'T GO THERE.

You are forgiven in advance for your obvious dim-witted indescretion, you may pass Go and continue on your way toward immediate repentance.

Simply provide your views of Mr. Page, if you wish to particpate in this thread.

If not, please think up a brilliant and topical Jets related posting, so that we may all take part in your forward moving grey matter momentum.

This is a simple query:

Do ya remember the guy?

What do you remember and what are your thoughts.

I am The TALKHOST...Hell is unleashed upon my signal. [/b][/quote]
    whoa... :huh:

Key in the ignition...turned on...warming up... :ph34r:

Hall Of Fame

tell me about it!

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 12:40 AM
    [b] :ph34r:

we all know who bob page is but I gotta agree with PRZA........you have some issues m'man.

How the heck is this a slow period of Jets football news......hey NUTSO this is actually a high time since everyone is speculating on which free agent will come here and who the Jet's will draft.

Oh by the way there is a padded cell with a straight jacket with your name on it right down the hall to your left. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Thank YOU!!!!! Besides I am Like Michale Corleone Every Time I try to leave they pull me back in. WEIRDO. This is a BIG time period for the JETS. I've read some of your posts you are a fairly knowledgable about the Jets but if your so obseessed over Bob page to to Bobpageinsiders.com

Hall Of Fame

strange things are a happening.....this week I see a poster called Jay Fiedler who compares Fiedler to god and now this character.

What?

Okay...okay, I promise.

Yeah, whatever...look I gave you my word, alright?

Yeah, here's the keys, take em.

The calvary will be on the way soon enough -and they'll take it from here?

Okay, good, I'm fine with that.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TALKHOST[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 11:35 PM
    [b] I am The TALKHOST...Hell is unleashed upon my signal. [/b][/quote]
    WTF?????????????

Bob Page was one of my all-time favorites ... rarely missed sportsdesk in those days cause the man was hilarious, in a cynical sort of way ... he was a pretty knowledgable sports guy with a tremendous wry wit

It's hard to explain why I liked Bob Page cause I ordinarily detest the cynical media, but there was something different about Bob that I cannot put into words ... he was just a funny guy without trying to be funny, and often the brunt of the joke deserved to be the brunt of the joke based on foolishness, incompetence, or any number of mishaps ... and the humor/ridiculousness of the modern sports culture was never lost on Page

But in the end what I liked about Bob Page was that I always got the feeling he liked sports and all it entails ... in spite of his smirkmeister demeanor ... he liked sports more than he ever let on ... that was just a vibe I got from Page ... and that's part of what separated him from some sarcastic twit like Mike Lupica who IMO hates sports and often comes across as just plain bitter and agenda driven, which is far more common amongst the media nowdays

In short, most members of the media strike me as a tad elitest ... thinking themsleves above the fans and even the sports they cover ... I can sense an underlying resentment towards the whole sports scene, and often I can see an agenda at play ... but I never got that feeling about Bob Page ... I always viewed Page as a fan who often saw the obsurdity of sports and rolled his eyes at it all ... like a funny friend who loves the games but does not ignore the insanity, and strikes just the right tone to point out the insanity and make you LOL about it, cause you know he absolutely nailed it

Anyway, sorry for the long answer but it's really difficult to explain what I liked about Bob Page ... and even after this long-winded answer I still don't feel like I adequately explained it ... I guess I just liked his style

No apology is neccessary at all GJ&H...that was what I was looking for, thank you for a detailed and well thought out response to my inquiry.

Appreciated.

:lol: Is this a twylight zone thread?

Hall Of Fame

now he just posted another topic