Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap Mogul Speaks Out Against KFC

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

NEW YORK (AP) Hip-hop impresario Russell Simmons is joining other celebrities and activists in a call for boycotts against Kentucky Fried Chicken.

[b]He called slaughter practices used by the fast-food chain’s suppliers “grossly inhumane” and has filmed a commercial “showing some of the very worst abuses chickens undergo” before they are served to customers, the Daily News reported Sunday.[/b]

Simmons, who is chairman of Def Jam Records said he has talked to officials of Yum! Brands, the parent company of KFC, and said he will release the ad and start a boycott if the company does not reform its practices.

The chain has about 250 within the five boroughs.

“When a company targets our community, disrespects us as consumers and sells us products ridden with negative energy and laced with toxins, that is our business,” said Simmons.

Other celebrities and activists have also raised their voices against KFC including comedian Rev. Al Sharpton, Dick Gregory, Pamela Anderson and Paul McCartney.

Yum! Brands vice president Jonathan Blum disputed Simmons claim.

“We have an independent panel of outside experts who set our high standards,” said Blum. “They are the same standards that all our competitors use to insure human treatment around the country.”

Recently the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals recruited Simmons to promote a new toll-free hotline for New Yorkers to report abuse of animals.

-------------------------------------------------------

Killing chickens is inhumane...that's right up there with "I actually voted for the $87-billion"

Remember- Simmons was a huge loudmouth with nothing to say against the Iraqi war....so while it is okay that 100's of thousands of Iraqi people were brutalized by Sadaam, it is wrong when the same is done to chickens???? Reminds me of a line from the movie "Wall Street" - "wasps....hate people but love animals"....guess we can say the same about libs.

You are an idiot

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 05:06 PM
    [b] You are an idiot [/b][/quote]
    Intelligent response but expected....actually Russell Simmons is an idiot.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 13 2005, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Feb 13 2005, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 05:06 PM
    Intelligent response but expected....actually Russell Simmons is an idiot. [/b][/quote]
    It is impossible to write a intelligent response to anything you say, because you are a dumb close minded idiot, you start out with the post, then you immediatly blast the guy and things he supports, how can you have an intelligent response to that???

Simmons is joined by fellow intellectual "heavyweights" ,

Drag Star Lady Bunny

Juliette Lewis

Dick Gregory

Bea Arthur

Chrissie Hynde

Andy Dick

Pam Anderson

and a few other ingrates, malcontents and eternal pissers and moaners.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles+Feb 13 2005, 05:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsMetsIsles &#064; Feb 13 2005, 05:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Feb 13 2005, 05:08 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 05:06 PM
    Intelligent response but expected....actually Russell Simmons is an idiot. [/b][/quote]
    It is impossible to write a intelligent response to anything you say, because you are a dumb close minded idiot, you start out with the post, then you immediatly blast the guy and things he supports, how can you have an intelligent response to that??? [/b][/quote]
    yes...you are right...my heart goes out to the poor chickens...blasting a guy who supported a tyranical dictator who slaughtered people and at the same times speaks out against the slaughter of chickens was stepping out of bounds.

Of course pointing out the hypocritical past of people (very easy to do with liberals) rarely has relevance in a story/situation. :blink:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 13 2005, 05:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY &#064; Feb 13 2005, 05:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles@Feb 13 2005, 05:12 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Feb 13 2005, 05:08 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 05:06 PM
    It is impossible to write a intelligent response to anything you say, because you are a dumb close minded idiot, you start out with the post, then you immediatly blast the guy and things he supports, how can you have an intelligent response to that??? [/b][/quote]
    yes...you are right...my heart goes out to the poor chickens...blasting a guy who supported a tyranical dictator who slaughtered people and at the same times speaks out against the slaughter of chickens was stepping out of bounds.

Of course pointing out the hypocritical past of people (very easy to do with liberals) rarely has relevance in a story/situation. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    OK idiot, where did you see he supported Hussein???? He didnt suppot the war, because it was an illegal war and it was the wrong thing to do....and please dont start with Hussein slaughtering people, Bush slaughtered 10 times the Iraqis in the last 2 years then Hussein did in his entire 20 something years of controlling Iraq....

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 06:18 PM
    [b] Bush slaughtered 10 times the Iraqis in the last 2 years then Hussein did in his entire 20 something years of controlling Iraq.... [/b][/quote]
    That has got to be the most moronic thing ever posted on this forum.

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Feb 13 2005, 06:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick &#064; Feb 13 2005, 06:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 06:18 PM
    [b] Bush slaughtered 10 times the Iraqis in the last 2 years then Hussein did in his entire 20 something years of controlling Iraq.... [/b][/quote]
    That has got to be the most moronic thing ever posted on this forum. [/b][/quote]
    Well maybe I exagerated with 10 times the amount, anyway you usually take the cake with the most moronic thing posted here every time you say something, we do know Bush has murdered between 30,000 and 100,000 innocent Iraqis and has left hundreds of thousands injured and homeless, I am not sure the amount of Innocents killed under Saddams regime, but in no 2 year period has Saddam murdered more then Bush....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles+Feb 13 2005, 06:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsMetsIsles &#064; Feb 13 2005, 06:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by New England Hick@Feb 13 2005, 06:21 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 06:18 PM
    That has got to be the most moronic thing ever posted on this forum. [/b][/quote]
    Well maybe I exagerated with 10 times the amount, anyway you usually take the cake with the most moronic thing posted here every time you say something, we do know Bush has murdered between 30,000 and 100,000 innocent Iraqis and has left hundreds of thousands injured and homeless, I am not sure the amount of Innocents killed under Saddams regime, but in no 2 year period has Saddam murdered more then Bush.... [/b][/quote]
    [quote][b]That has got to be the most moronic thing ever posted on this forum. [/b][/quote]

Are you surprised considering the source??

"Peace is not the absence of war, but it is the presence of justice. There is no justification for the massive killing of innocent people in an avoidable war on Iraq. The wrongness of this war will prevent a lasting peace in the Middle East and circumvent the progress that the UN is finally making in getting Saddam Hussein to comply."

Sounds like a justification to keep sadaam in power to me...never mind general ignorance to the facts and reality.

[url=http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=4392]http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=4392[/url]

This dumb ass should take note from Dr. Bill Cosby rather then blame everyone else and expecting continued handouts.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 06:40 PM
    [b]
    [quote][b]That has got to be the most moronic thing ever posted on this forum. [/b][/quote]

Are you surprised considering the source?? [/b][/quote]
    No.....

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 06:30 PM
    [b]
    Well maybe I exagerated with 10 times the amount, anyway you usually take the cake with the most moronic thing posted here every time you say something, we do know Bush has murdered between 30,000 and 100,000 innocent Iraqis and has left hundreds of thousands injured and homeless, I am not sure the amount of Innocents killed under Saddams regime, but in no 2 year period has Saddam murdered more then Bush.... [/b][/quote]
    First off, by Iraq&#39;s own admission, 500,000 Iraqi&#39;s lost their lives during Iraq&#39;s war with Iran.

Another 100,000 Iraqi&#39;s lost their lives during Desert Storm One.

Another 200,000 or more died in Iraq&#39;s gulag or "disappeared" into the hands of Saddam&#39;s secret police, never to be heard from again.

That&#39;s close to 1,000,000 people who died at the hands of Saddam.

You might want to get your facts straight before you post more garbage.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Feb 13 2005, 06:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ Feb 13 2005, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 06:30 PM
    [b]
    First off, by Iraq&#39;s own admission, 500,000 Iraqi&#39;s lost their lives during Iraq&#39;s war with Iran.

Another 200,000 or more died in Iraq&#39;s gulag or "disappeared" into the hands of Saddam&#39;s secret police, never to be heard from again.

You might want to get your facts straight before post more garbage. [/b][/quote]
    ...or at least learn basic arithmatic&#33; ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Feb 13 2005, 07:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Feb 13 2005, 07:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by New England Hick@Feb 13 2005, 06:58 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 06:30 PM
    [b]

You might want to get your facts straight before post more garbage. [/b][/quote]
    ...or at least learn basic arithmatic&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    That too...... :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

How soon before rapper Russell starts a boycott against Colt 44 Malt Liquer because it exploits a breed of horse for financial gain?? :lol:

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 04:41 PM
    [b] Simmons is joined by fellow intellectual "heavyweights" ,

Drag Star Lady Bunny

Juliette Lewis

Dick Gregory

Bea Arthur

Chrissie Hynde

Andy Dick

Pam Anderson

and a few other ingrates, malcontents and eternal pissers and moaners..... [/b][/quote]
    Yes so I guess Republicans like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson must be real geniuses.

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 09:00 PM
    [b] Yes so I guess Republicans like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson must be real geniuses. [/b][/quote]
    Geniuses.....No.

Babes.......Yes&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Feb 13 2005, 10:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ Feb 13 2005, 10:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-curtisthegreat[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 09:00 PM
    [b] Yes so I guess Republicans like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson must be real geniuses. [/b][/quote]
    Geniuses.....No.

Babes.......Yes&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    ...with great t&#33;ts.... :D

All Pro
    Can someone help me out? What exactly is happening to these chickens that&#39;s controversial?

Is it THAT they are killed, or HOW they&#39;re killed?

[quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 10:45 PM
    [b] Can someone help me out? What exactly is happening to these chickens that&#39;s controversial?

Is it THAT they are killed, or HOW they&#39;re killed? [/b][/quote]
    They think the method of extermination is inhumane.

Meanwhile, they have full length fox, chinchilla and mink coats in their closets.

Liberal hypocrisy at it&#39;s finest.