Thread: Talk about "frivolous lawsuits"

All League
    [url=http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/21D263EA6018A7C586256F9E00558C8E?OpenDocument&Headline=B-minus!%2BSee%2Byou%2Bin%2Bcourt]http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stor...ou%2Bin%2Bcourt[/url]

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Bob Whitney isn't willing to accept a B-minus. He's suing the University of Nevada, Las Vegas after losing an appeal over the grade.

Bob Whitney, 52, alleges in the lawsuit that a history professor discriminated against him because of his conservative values. He seeks at least $10,000 for emotional duress, tuition, books and living expenses.

Emotional duress??!!! ROTFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol:

I'd never sue a school over a grade, i mean unless I got an A on every test and the prof flunked me but...

College professors(especially poly sci) are the biggest idiots on the planet. There is a great amount of bias coming from liberal profs and ultimately is does effect your grade.

Fortunately, college professors arent an accurate portrayal of the real world.

Let them live in their fantasy world, I guess it makes them happy.

[quote][i]Originally posted by curtisthegreat[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 09:08 PM
    [b] Bob Whitney, 52, alleges in the lawsuit that a history professor discriminated against him because of his conservative values. [/b][/quote]
    He probably has a pretty good case.

If you read the whole article it goes on to say the guy was denied financial aid after he receivedthe grade. It wouldnt surprise if the guy needed a B to remain in school and the prof purposely gave him a B-. That stuff happens all the time depending on the professor.,

Hall Of Fame
    I've never had a professor blatantly give me a bad grade because of my political views, but I was definitely pressured into catering towards his/her views.

The two classes I had trouble with this issue were Communication classes: A journalism class and an intro to media class. The two professors both claimed they were unbiased and were going to teach us how to critically analyze things on our own, and it just turned into a liberal propaganda class.

The one guy made us watch Bowling for Columbine and review the movie as if everything was fact. As someone who was adimentally (sp?) against him, isn't that giving me a pretty big disadvantage on my paper? I mean I could be bold and point out all the lies, but there's a great chance that my grade wont be as high as if I just write some BS paper about the greatness of his work. That's a perfect example of subtle political bullying.

Not sure if this guy was given a lower grade because he was conservative, but political views should have nothing to do with grades. If this prof cost this guy his scholarship because his bias, he should be fired right on the spot.