Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gulf War 3?

Veteran
    Without getting to much in depth here....I have some questions/views I would like to share....and would like to hear what others think.

1) Is it just me, or is North Korea the biggest threat in the world? Not only to admit to HAVING WMD's. There willing to use it, and have said that they would do so. Iraq didnt have and WMD's and Iran is still between 4-10 years away from being able to have and WMD's.

2) Can we really trust The White House intel about Iran after they where so WRONG about Iraq?

3) I pray to God that I'm wrong but I have a feeling that there is going to be US Troops in Iraq for the next 3-5 years.

[quote][i]Originally posted by RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 04:03 AM
    [b] 1) Is it just me, or is North Korea the biggest threat in the world? Not only to admit to HAVING WMD's. There willing to use it, and have said that they would do so. [/b][/quote]
    Frankly I'm growing very tired of the threats from that madman in North Korea ... I think it's high-time we level that effin country and shove an ICBM up that chia-pets @$$ before he does the same to us

And I'm talkin about quick and total anihilation ... one that leaves them in tatters before they know what hit them

If there is any way to accomplish that ... if it is even remotely possible at this point ... to hit them so hard and so fast that they won't even be alive to retaliate ... deal me in

we cannot invade Iran because they are closely allied with the Indians and the Chinese - we already command a great deal of Saudi OIL, we have the in on any Iraqi OIL, if we take Iran it would be a situation where literally the rest of the world strategically couldn't allow it... we would have the ins at 1 (Saudi), 3 (Iraq) and 6 (Iran) - Canada at 2 is already in our backyard. UAE (4) and Kuwait at 5 love us for Gulf War I -

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 04:23 AM
    [b] If there is any way to accomplish that ... if it is even remotely possible at this point ... to hit them so hard and so fast that they won't even be alive to retaliate ... deal me in [/b][/quote]
    there is no way to accomplish that - if we drop a NUKE on North Korea it would seriously piss off the Chinese, Japanese etc.

if we went conventional warfare against North Korea we would probably lose.

besides the fact our forces are stretched out,

North Korea is geographically a mountainous Vietnam - they are so deeply entrenched in those mountain jungles that the loss of US life would be staggering. These people literally have no food but they have artillery and all sorts of toys - they are a tough little army, make no mistake.

that's what people have to realize - besides all the jingoistic crap about protecting the USA, at the end of the day Iraq was a soft target - we have no interest in taking on "hard" targets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 09:28 AM
    [b] we cannot invade Iran because they are closely allied with the Indians and the Chinese - we already command a great deal of Saudi OIL, we have the in on any Iraqi OIL, if we take Iran it would be a situation where literally the rest of the world strategically couldn't allow it... we would have control of 1, 2, and 4 largest Oil reserves - (Russia is 3 i think) - [/b][/quote]
    i thought US produced the most oil in the world?

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 10:43 AM
    [b] i thought US produced the most oil in the world? [/b][/quote]
    no we CONSUME the most oil in the world

actually i was wrong about my Oil reserve stats though

1) Saudi Arabia (261 billion barrels)
    2) Canada (180 billion)
    3) Iraq (112 billion)
    4) U.A.E. (98 billion)
    5) Kuwait (96.5 billion)
    6) Iran (89 billion)
    7) Venezuela (79 billion)
    8) Russia (60 billion)
    9) Libya (30 billion)
    10) Nigeria (25 billion)

these numbers are often manipulated - for example it is possible that Iraq could REALLY be in the 300 billion barrel range, and it is also possible Saudi Arabia has grossly overestimated their reserves.

these are the consumption stats

1. United States 19.7 million barrels per day (2002E)
    2. Japan 5.4 million barrels per day (2002E)
    3. China 4.9 million barrels per day (2001E)
    4. Germany 2.71 million barrels per day (2002E)
    5. Russia 2.38 million barrels per day; (2001E)
    6. Brazil 2.2 million barrels per day (2001E)
    7. India 2.0 million barrels per day (2002E)
    8. Canada 2.0 million barrels per day (2002E)
    9. France 1.96 million barrels per day (2002E)
    10. Mexico 1.93 million barrels per day (2002E)
    11. Italy 1.87 million barrels per day (2002E)
    12. United Kingdom 1.7 million barrels per day (2002E)
    13. Spain 1.5 million barrels per day (2002E)
    14. Saudi Arabia 1.36 million barrels per day (2002E)
    15. Indonesia 1,022,000 barrels per day (2001E)
    16. Taiwan 985,000 barrels per day (2002E)
    17. Australia 872,000 barrels per day (2001E)
    18. Singapore 722,000 barrels per day (all imported) (2002E)
    19. Thailand 715,000 barrels per day (2001E)
    20. Turkey 635,000 barrels per day (2002E)
    21. Egypt 538,000 barrels per day (2002E)
    22. Argentina 483,000 barrels per day (2002E)
    23. South Africa 482,000 barrels per day (2001E)
    24. Iraq 460,000 barrels per day (2002E)
    25. Malaysia 460,000 barrels per day (2001E)

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Feb 15 2005, 03:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Feb 15 2005, 03:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 04:03 AM
    [b] 1) Is it just me, or is North Korea the biggest threat in the world? Not only to admit to HAVING WMD&#39;s. There willing to use it, and have said that they would do so. [/b][/quote]
    Frankly I&#39;m growing very tired of the threats from that madman in North Korea ... I think it&#39;s high-time we level that effin country and shove an ICBM up that chia-pets @&#036;&#036; before he does the same to us

And I&#39;m talkin about quick and total anihilation ... one that leaves them in tatters before they know what hit them

If there is any way to accomplish that ... if it is even remotely possible at this point ... to hit them so hard and so fast that they won&#39;t even be alive to retaliate ... deal me in [/b][/quote]
    thats great....start world war 3....I mean while where at it, lets swing by Russia and drops some nukes there. And on the way back to America, drop a few over France nobody in America would have a problem with that one. And then we can watch a 3 hour speech with President Bush saying the word "freedom" 268 times in a speech. I will tell you why where not in N.Korea....where not there because of

1)China....and the 940 Million Plus people in the Armed Forces

2) N.Korea has no Oil, Gold, Rubber, nothing but rice.

3) N.Korea HAS NUKES.....we only invade countrys with NO WMD&#39;s.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42+Feb 15 2005, 04:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42 @ Feb 15 2005, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 15 2005, 03:23 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 04:03 AM
    [b] 1) Is it just me, or is North Korea the biggest threat in the world? Not only to admit to HAVING WMD&#39;s. There willing to use it, and have said that they would do so. [/b][/quote]
    Frankly I&#39;m growing very tired of the threats from that madman in North Korea ... I think it&#39;s high-time we level that effin country and shove an ICBM up that chia-pets @&#036;&#036; before he does the same to us

And I&#39;m talkin about quick and total anihilation ... one that leaves them in tatters before they know what hit them

If there is any way to accomplish that ... if it is even remotely possible at this point ... to hit them so hard and so fast that they won&#39;t even be alive to retaliate ... deal me in [/b][/quote]
    thats great....start world war 3....I mean while where at it, lets swing by Russia and drops some nukes there. And on the way back to America, drop a few over France nobody in America would have a problem with that one. And then we can watch a 3 hour speech with President Bush saying the word "freedom" 268 times in a speech. I will tell you why where not in N.Korea....where not there because of

3) N.Korea HAS NUKES.....we only invade countrys with NO WMD&#39;s. [/b][/quote]
    I have stated before and will say it now. We aim our missiles at N Korea and give them 10 minutes to reconsider. Then.....
    [img]http://www.dalitstan.org/journal/images/nuclear4.jpg[/img]

[quote][i]Originally posted by RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42+Feb 15 2005, 03:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42 @ Feb 15 2005, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 15 2005, 03:23 AM

3) N.Korea HAS NUKES.....we only invade countrys with NO WMD&#39;s. [/b][/quote]
    So let me get this straight ... you come here and express a genuine fear that this madman in N. Korea may actually follow through on his constant threats to launch a nuclear attack verses the United States, but when I suggest we should consider the possibility of beating him to the punch I am advocating the destruction of every nation that means us no harm?

Look man, I&#39;ll make it real simple for you ... if the man across the street from your house made constant threats that he was going to slaughter your entire family and every person you know in cold blood, and you knew that man was locked & loaded with enough arsenal to do just that, and you knew that man was just crazy enough to mean every word of it, and you had nowhere to turn to disarm that lunatic or have him arrested ... so if the choice became KILL HIM, wait for him to slaughter everyone you have ever known, or hope that he has a change of heart ... which of the three options would you choose?

When you look at it that way, hitting this crazy chia-pet before he hits us doesn&#39;t seem like such a bad idea, huh?

And again, I would only consider this option if I knew we could anhilate the SOB before he knew what hit him ... leaving him no time to relatiate

Now I don&#39;t know if that&#39;s possible ... it probably isn&#39;t ... but if it were, you can bet your boots I&#39;d be all for the idea of shoving an ICBM up his @&#036;&#036; before he can blink

[quote][b]And again, I would only consider this option if I knew we could anhilate the SOB before he knew what hit him ... leaving him no time to relatiate
    [/b][/quote]

Lauching an offensive nuclear attack on North Korea would murder millions of innocent Korean civillians. Innocents who, like those in Iraq we are currently liberating and granting freedom to, simply cannot fight the overwhelming power of their dictator.

What justifies killing those millions of innocents, when we spared the innocents in Iraq (well, give or take 50-100K dead or so)??

Would murdering these millions of innocents be the Christian thing to do Hambone? Would Jesus launch such an attack? :blink:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 05:32 PM
    [b] [quote][b]And again, I would only consider this option if I knew we could anhilate the SOB before he knew what hit him ... leaving him no time to relatiate
    [/b][/quote]

Lauching an offensive nuclear attack on North Korea would murder millions of innocent Korean civillians. Innocents who, like those in Iraq we are currently liberating and granting freedom to, simply cannot fight the overwhelming power of their dictator.

What justifies killing those millions of innocents, when we spared the innocents in Iraq (well, give or take 50-100K dead or so)??

Would murdering these millions of innocents be the Christian thing to do Hambone? Would Jesus launch such an attack? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Bro, you are ignoring all of the details ... this crazy little chia-pet has threatened to launch a nuclear attack verses the USA ... are you aware of that?

So the question becomes, do you take this madman at his word or not?

If you take him at his word, and history has shown us that it is often folly to NOT take a madman at his word, then a FIRST STRIKE is entirely within reason if you feel it can prevent millions of Americans from being baked alive

Again, it&#39;s easy to point out the horror of killing innocent Koreans ... I COULD NOT AGREE MORE ... this would be a gut-wrenching decision to make ... but if you feel certain the madman means what he says, its US or THEM ... and if it&#39;s US or THEM, it&#39;s THEM if I&#39;m making the call

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Feb 15 2005, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Feb 15 2005, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 05:32 PM
    [b] [quote][b]And again, I would only consider this option if I knew we could anhilate the SOB before he knew what hit him ... leaving him no time to relatiate
    [/b][/quote]

Would murdering these millions of innocents be the Christian thing to do Hambone? Would Jesus launch such an attack? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Bro, you are ignoring all of the details ... this crazy little chia-pet has threatened to launch a nuclear attack verses the USA ... are you aware of that?

If you take him at his word, and history has shown us that it is often folly to NOT take a madman at his word, then a FIRST STRIKE is entirely within reason if you feel it can prevent millions of Americans from being baked alive

Again, it&#39;s easy to point out the horror of killing innocent Koreans ... I COULD NOT AGREE MORE ... this would be a gut-wrenching decision to make ... but if you feel certain the madman means what he says, its US or THEM ... and if it&#39;s US or THEM, it&#39;s THEM if I&#39;m making the call [/b][/quote]
    You didn&#39;t answer my question at all, as expected.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Feb 15 2005, 05:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Feb 15 2005, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 15 2005, 05:44 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 05:32 PM
    [/b][/quote]

Again, it&#39;s easy to point out the horror of killing innocent Koreans ... I COULD NOT AGREE MORE ... this would be a gut-wrenching decision to make ... but if you feel certain the madman means what he says, its US or THEM ... and if it&#39;s US or THEM, it&#39;s THEM if I&#39;m making the call [/b][/quote]
    You didn&#39;t answer my question at all, as expected. [/b][/quote]
    Actually I did answer the question ... just not in a YES or NO fashion cause the question is more complicated than the one you posed

So I pointed out the dilemma you failed to mention and then answered accordingly

Is it the Christian thing to do ... to kill thousands/millions of innocent N. Koreans? NO

Is it the Chtistian/American thing to do ... to allow thousands/millions of your own innocent countrymen to be slaughtered instead? NO

So there is no easy answer if you sincerely believe the madman means what he says ... the options would both be horrific ... but if I&#39;m making the call I have to protect my own at their expense, if I know the madman means what he says

Again, this is only a question cause this crazy SOB is threatening to attack us ... if not for that, this is not even a question worth pondering ... so let&#39;s not lose sight of who is even making this an option we may have to consider

If the crazy little chia-pet was not threatening to launch a nuke attack verses the USA, we are not even having this conversation

[quote][b]Actually I did answer the question ... just not in a YES or NO fashion cause the question is more complicated than the one you posed[/b][/quote]

No, you didn&#39;t. MY question was indeed a YES or NO question. I&#39;ll ask it again:

[quote][b]Would Jesus launch such an attack?[/b][/quote]

Yes or No Ham?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 07:05 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Actually I did answer the question ... just not in a YES or NO fashion cause the question is more complicated than the one you posed[/b][/quote]

No, you didn&#39;t. MY question was indeed a YES or NO question. I&#39;ll ask it again:

Yes or No Ham? [/b][/quote]
    Jesus was a nice guy, but was not tough.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 06:05 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Actually I did answer the question ... just not in a YES or NO fashion cause the question is more complicated than the one you posed[/b][/quote]

I think he has already shown us what he would do ... he would die on our behalf

So no, he would likely accept the fate of a madman ... but I am not him and he knows it

So the question becomes, what would I do ... or what would you do?

Would I have went to the cross for a crime I didn&#39;t commit if I had it within my power to kill those who were seeking to torture and crucify me unjustly? NO

Would I allow a madman to slaughter my freinds, family, and fellow countrymen on a whim if I had it within my power to prevent by hitting them first? NO

That&#39;s why I am not him ... and that&#39;s one of the reasons I believe he was who he claimed too be ... cause I know of no mere mortal who would have chosen to accept what he accepted on my behalf, and certainly not me

For the record only one country has ever had the balls to Nuke another country. We did it twice and would have kept on doing it if Japan hadn&#39;t given up- finally. Korea could only nuke us ala 9/11 they do not have the missle capacity to hit us. They don&#39;t have the technology to launch from a safe base or navy vessel. So what we have to worry about is them nuking S. Korea along with all our troops. If N. Korea invades or attacks S. Korea our treaty with the S. Koreans makes war with the N.K a reality as we have vowed to protect them.

Most wars are won not by Blitzkrieg but by massive amounts of casualities and time invested. They are stalemates that are lost by monumental blunders usually long into the conflict. See Hitler atttacking Russia, Falling for our trickery as to where we would attack/Normandy and his general meth induced dementia.

If we go to war we will need to initiate a draft&#33;

The most important aspect of our military is the fact that it is a volunteer military. Lets not test the sentiment of our nation by sending unwilling kids to their deaths over a hunch that the Koreans might want to import more than Hyundai&#39;s.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Feb 15 2005, 03:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Feb 15 2005, 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42@Feb 15 2005, 04:38 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 15 2005, 03:23 AM

I have stated before and will say it now. We aim our missiles at N Korea and give them 10 minutes to reconsider. Then.....
    [img]http://www.dalitstan.org/journal/images/nuclear4.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    when talking to other about there view on world events its never good to "make fun of" or to talk down to others.....with that said

Have some of you lost your mind?

Okay, so we point some nukes at N Korea, and shoot them off. So instead of invading and droping some smart bombs that for the most part kills fewer civ&#39;s then most bombs in the world today.

But now your saying shoot them off and kill hundres of thousands of people, and not to mention the s**t that comes after a nuke that kills even more then the bomb its self. This would kill and affect millions of people in SOUTH Korea. And if you America is hated by the world today, think how much world support we would get after droping a nuke on another country

There hasnt been a world war in over 60 years. You know why?

Because of Nukes. Nobody wants to go to and all out war for the fear of the use of WMD. Because if one country use&#39;s them all of them will and before you know it 40 million people are dead.

America needs to worry about her own problems, not the problems in the middle east or anywhere else. How about we worry about the people that dont have jobs, or the 5 Trillion dollars we owe on debt. I for one would rather have fellow americans with health care, jobs and education then some jack ass in Iraq having Elections. But over 200 Billions dollars when its all said and done of America tax money will go to Iraq.

Or we can just do what Regan did and put the country in such record debt and not worry about it. We can have our kids worry about fixing our problems. That looks like the way were headed.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Feb 15 2005, 05:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Feb 15 2005, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 06:05 PM

I think he has already shown us what he would do ... he would die on our behalf

So no, he would likely accept the fate of a madman ... but I am not him and he knows it

So the question becomes, what would I do ... or what would you do?

Would I have went to the cross for a crime I didn&#39;t commit if I had it within my power to kill those who were seeking to torture and crucify me unjustly? NO

Would I allow a madman to slaughter my freinds, family, and fellow countrymen on a whim if I had it within my power to prevent by hitting them first? NO

That&#39;s why I am not him ... and that&#39;s one of the reasons I believe he was who he claimed too be ... cause I know of no mere mortal who would have chosen to accept what he accepted on my behalf, and certainly not me [/b][/quote]
    Green Jets..

Man no matter what you try to do, there is always going to a madman running a country. There is always going to be a Saddam. We kill one of them 10 more pop up. Its been that way for thousands of years

[quote][i]Originally posted by RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 10:07 PM
    [b] Green Jets..

Man no matter what you try to do, there is always going to a madman running a country. There is always going to be a Saddam. We kill one of them 10 more pop up. Its been that way for thousands of years [/b][/quote]
    Very True, RL

Only difference is that now these psychopaths are gaining access to weapons that can destroy mankind

Can you even imagine if Hitler had ICBM&#39;s?

Well you don&#39;t need to imagine it anymore, cause similar megalo-maniacs like that chia-pet in North Korea either have them or are close to getting them

Funny thing is I always knew this was inevitable ... I really did ... as far back as I can remember, I always saw this day coming ... it just never made any sense too me that only a select few nations would have the bomb and other rogue nations wouldn&#39;t someday have the same ... and I knew this during the cold war when everyone was obsessed with the Soviet Union

I actually remember {vividly} watching the Iran hostage crisis in the 70&#39;s on Nightline ... watching their rabid hatred of the west come across the tv every nite in so many forms ... and thinking to myself, one day these crazy SOB&#39;s will have nuclear weapons and there&#39;s not a damn thing we will do to stop it

And I must confess that the thought crossed my mind at that time ... way back then ... that our sense of decency and humanity will some day kill us all cause we should wipe these lunatics off the face of the earth right now, before it&#39;s too late, before they get the bomb, but we never will {cause we&#39;re too humane} and 20 Years from now we&#39;re gonna be sorry we didn&#39;t

I never really worried about a nuclear attack from the Soviet Union cause I viewed them as evil but sane ... I didn&#39;t believe they wanted to die any less than us ... so I believed the threat of mutual destruction was always good enough to assure that neither side would do anything stupid

I DO NOT get that same sense from the Islamo-fascists or that crazy little chia-pet in North Korea ... IMO either of the two is just crazy enough to initiate a nuclear war

But I mean this sincerely ... I saw this day coming for as far back as I can remember, when rouge nations and insane dictators would have the bomb ... I recall telling friends this day was inevitable 25 years ago