Thread: Rangel Blasts Clinton as 'a Redneck'

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[b]Rangel Blasts Clinton as 'a Redneck' [/b]

Rep. Charlie Rangel is blasting ex-President Bill Clinton as "a redneck" after New York Sen. Hillary Clinton refused for the second year in a row to support his bill to help the mother of police shooting victim Amadou Diallo stay in the country.

"I donít have the slightest clue who Hillary really is," the dismayed Harlem Democrat tells New York Magazine this week. "All I see is a gal who knew she was as good as anyone else, and she saw this guy she could make something of, so she forfeited Illinois and went to Arkansas."

Rangel then added, "Thatís a hell of a move to make for a redneck, which is all he was."

Asked if he really thought Clinton was a redneck Tuesday morning, Rangel told WWRL Radio's Steve Malzberg and Karen Hunter, "Of course he is. He's from Arkansas."

Later in the interview Rangel tried to backpedal, telling Malzberg he thought the Clintons were "terrific people."

"You have to remember, you know, Lyndon Johnson was one of the best presidents we had and he was a redneck out of Texas," he explained.

The congressman's non-pejorative pejorative comes just days after Sen. Clinton stiffed him on the Diallo case, a move the New York Post described on Monday as "a slap in the face to Charles Rangel."

Without Sen. Clinton's help, Rangel's legislation to grant Kadiatou Diallo and her family permanent resident status crashed and burned in the 2003-04 Congress and has attracted no other support this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rangel always reminded me of Mr. Haney on Green Acres

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 11:12 AM
    [b] "I donít have the slightest clue who Hillary really is," the dismayed Harlem Democrat tells New York Magazine this week. "All I see is a gal who knew she was as good as anyone else, and she saw this guy she could make something of, so she forfeited Illinois and went to Arkansas." [/b][/quote]
    Yo Charlie, you answered your own question ... that's what Hillary is ... a power hungry leftist who will say or do anything to obtain power

Why do you think she's suddenly swinging to the right?

Does any imbecile believe for one second that Hillary has suddenly found religion ... quoting the bible and talking about her days as a sunday school teacher? :rolleyes:

Does any imbecile believe for one second that Hillary has suddenly become a staunch advocate of imigration reform or is suddenly concerned with abortion? :blink:

Hillary is a classic marxist ... she will say and do anything to obtain power

But have no fear, Charlie ... once there she will govern like the leftist she is ... she will say anything to obtain power, but she was, is, and remains a hard leftist at heart

But the trick is ... can she fool the imbeciles into believing otherwise? <_<