Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT- Detroit Sports talk says NHL Season

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    according to a French reports (canada), is reporting that the probability of a 2005 season is "Good".

this coming from a friend in DET as we speak

whatever that means. I hope I dont have to suffer through basketball over the next several months

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the NHL?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tsn has no report of a deal yet. Hope its true but I am not optimistic

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who Cares??? I was a Ranger Fan. Now I refuse to support any team owned by the Dolans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what you feel about hating The Dolans Jetman but I am lifelong Ranger fan beside a Jets fan and that is team loyalty not owner loyalty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the players agreed to a cap - but the owners rejected the cap amount
    Players wanted $53 Mil - Owners $42Mill

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by LETSGOJETS@Feb 15 2005, 11:34 AM
    according to a French reports (canada), is reporting that the probability of a 2005 season is "Good".

What are they going to do?

Play 3 regular season games and then have all teams make the playoffs? :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 15 2005, 12:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 15 2005, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LETSGOJETS@Feb 15 2005, 11:34 AM

Play 3 regular season games and then have all teams make the playoffs? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I figure they&#39;ll play a full 82 game schedule and have the stanley cup playoffs in August.

We all know I&#39;m one of the biggest NHL fans around here, but Bettman, the Owners and the Players can all kiss my ass.

I hope this rumor is false and the season is cancelled. By the time the fallout clears, joke teams like Anaheim, Tampa, Florida and every other NASCAR city with a hockey team will be bankrupt and out of the league

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 15 2005, 12:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 15 2005, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LETSGOJETS@Feb 15 2005, 11:34 AM

Play 3 regular season games and then have all teams make the playoffs? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Hey,shush,I`m a Ranger fan.Maybe we can finally make the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Owners should bring in replacement players, then send letters to all regular players that states the following:

We have voided all contracts and are starting the league over. If you want to play professional Hockey, please be sure to some to one of our tryout sessions.

In addition, we do not recognize any players unions now or in the future.

This position is not negotiable.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tinstar+Feb 15 2005, 01:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tinstar @ Feb 15 2005, 01:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Feb 15 2005, 12:05 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-LETSGOJETS
    @Feb 15 2005, 11:34 AM

Hey,shush,I`m a Ranger fan.Maybe we can finally make the playoffs. [/b][/quote]
    If you root for the Rangers (Owned by the Dolans), you are anti New York Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by djaparz@Feb 15 2005, 11:58 AM
    the players agreed to a cap - but the owners rejected the cap amount
    Players wanted &#036;53 Mil - Owners &#036;42Mill
    hopefully they both get there s**t together by next fall.

this season is a wash.

already ruined.

i dont expect to see any hockey besides college until oct 2005.

ahhhhh, well, no sports for me this time a year.

I MISS HOCKEY AND I HATE ALL OF THESE SELFISH *******S.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

this coming from a friend in DET as we speak

whatever that means. I hope I dont have to suffer through basketball over the next several months
    amen to that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Feb 15 2005, 12:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Feb 15 2005, 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

I figure they&#39;ll play a full 82 game schedule and have the stanley cup playoffs in August.

We all know I&#39;m one of the biggest NHL fans around here, but Bettman, the Owners and the Players can all kiss my ass.

I hope this rumor is false and the season is cancelled. By the time the fallout clears, joke teams like Anaheim, Tampa, Florida and every other NASCAR city with a hockey team will be bankrupt and out of the league [/b][/quote]
    Tampa won the cup last year, they are hardly a joke...

Joke teams are:
    Nashville
    FLorida
    Anaheim
    LA
    Phoenix
    Pittspuke
    Atlanta
    Carolina

Get rid of these pathetics and start over...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    basketball blows.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fyou Jets fans who root for the Rangers haven&#39;t changed over to the Islanders you&#39;re wrong

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 15 2005, 01:18 PM
    I fyou Jets fans who root for the Rangers haven&#39;t changed over to the Islanders you&#39;re wrong
    Im leaning towards the Devils

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jetman67@Feb 15 2005, 11:21 AM
    Im leaning towards the Devils
    Come to the Dark Side, brother. Ye art welcome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 15 2005, 12:18 PM
    GOB, I&#39;ve been a fan of the Isles for 24 years. I used to love hockey, but my interest has waned the last few years.

How many of you guys will actually miss hockey?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ASH_1962+Feb 15 2005, 11:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ASH_1962 @ Feb 15 2005, 11:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 15 2005, 12:07 PM

I hope this rumor is false and the season is cancelled. By the time the fallout clears, joke teams like Anaheim, Tampa, Florida and every other NASCAR city with a hockey team will be bankrupt and out of the league
    Tampa won the cup last year, they are hardly a joke...

Joke teams are:
    Nashville
    FLorida
    Anaheim
    LA
    Phoenix
    Pittspuke
    Atlanta
    Carolina

Get rid of these pathetics and start over... [/b][/quote]
    I agree with all except for LA and Pitt... to much legacy in with those teams. not as much as others but too much to lose to contraction.