Thread: Dean mocks blacks, yet...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][b]Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2005 6:35 a.m. EST
    [b]RNC Chief: Dean Joke Was 'Racist'[/b]

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman blasted newly-elected DNC chief Howard Dean on Tuesday for telling what he said was a "racist" joke to the Congressional Black Caucus.

"It's pretty offensive," Mehlman told ABC Radio host Sean Hannity. "It's pretty racist, if you ask me."

[b]During a meeting with the CBC on Friday, Dean joked, "You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."[/b]

Beyond being offensive to minorities, Dean's characterization of Republicans was just wrong, Mehlman said.

"I wish Gov. Dean had joined me last Monday when I along with Lt. Gov. Mike Steele of Maryland, who's African American, had an event at Prince Georges Community College where 250 mostly African Americans and I met to talk about our party and our agenda."

The flap over Dean's "hotel staff" remark isn't the first time critics say he has crossed the line on race.

During the primary campaign last year, the former Vermont governor repeatedly told audiences that he wanted to be the candidate of "white folks in the South who drive pick-up trucks with Confederate flag decals."

He also came under fire for not having a single black in a senior position on his gubernatorial staff.

Dean defenders said that was because only 4,000 African Americans live in Vermont. [/b][/quote]

Banned
    Yeah, Dean is the racist...

Last time I checked, he didn't trade Sammy Sosa!

All Pro
    It was a stupid thing to say.

It was probably said based on firsthand observations (no rocket-science degree required) that lower-paid jobs tend to favor minorities....like say, hotel staff...

..but it was a stupid thing to say.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 12:17 PM
    [b] It was a stupid thing to say.

It was probably said based on firsthand observations (no rocket-science degree required) that lower-paid jobs tend to favor minorities....like say, hotel staff...

..but it was a stupid thing to say. [/b][/quote]
    Point being that if the same exact thing had been said in the same exact context by RNC Chair Ken Mehlman, he would be out of a job already, under an avalanche of indignant outcries from the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, every democrat politician and the media alike (ALL of whom are completely mum on the issue. Hmmmmm...)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Feb 16 2005, 12:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 &#064; Feb 16 2005, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JerryK[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 12:17 PM
    [b] It was a stupid thing to say.

..but it was a stupid thing to say. [/b][/quote]
    Point being that if the same exact thing had been said in the same exact context by RNC Chair Ken Mehlman, he would be out of a job already, under an avalanche of indignant outcries from the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, every democrat politician and the media alike (ALL of whom are completely mum on the issue. Hmmmmm...) [/b][/quote]
    exactly...look at Trent Lott&#39;s joke at a birthday party.

But face it Shakin- our short term anger will be appeased as in the long run people will see through the hypocritical libs and push them further to "the back of the bus"&#33;&#33;

I said all along- I am so glad Heil Howard got this gig&#33;

Charlie Rangle called Clinton and all Residents of Arkansas "rednecks" the other day as well. Wheres the ACLU on this one?

as shakin taught me last week, racism is protected by the 1st ammendment and as such, any effort to limit this point of view is nothing more than PC thought police run amuck.

Thought Police&#33;
    Thought Police&#33;

how dare you guys infringe on Howard Dean&#39;s right to be a racist&#33;

why don&#39;t you burn the flag for an encore&#33;&#33; :lol:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 12:40 PM
    [b] as shakin taught me last week, racism is protected by the 1st ammendment and as such, any effort to limit this point of view is nothing more than PC thought police run amuck.

Thought Police&#33;
    Thought Police&#33;

how dare you guys infringe on Howard Dean&#39;s right to be a racist&#33;

why don&#39;t you burn the flag for an encore&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Wow, you remembered...I am flattered&#33;

You like me, you really really like me&#33;