Thread: The way to peace with Muslims and Arabs

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Unfortunately besides the Terrorists, the Liberal Professors on College
    universities are also a problem!! Some interesting examples..

Dissident Arab Gets the Treatment
    by Ahmad Al-Qloushi

I am a 17-year-old Kuwaiti Arab Muslim and a college freshman studying in the USA. I was three years of age when Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990. My parents still remember what it was like for us during the invasion. Waiting for long hours in line for a few pieces of bread. We had darkness 24 hours a day from the burning oil wells. My two uncles are still traumatized from being kidnapped and tortured in Iraqi prisons. Most of all we remember our one-week-old baby cousin who died while the Iraqi invaders were stealing incubators from hospitals to sell them for profit. The Americans by contrast came in to liberate us and asked for nothing in return. I love this country for the freedom it provides and for rescuing Kuwait’s liberty in the first Gulf War. 12 Years later, America once again has selflessly protected my country and my people by removing Saddam Hussein.

I arrived in the United States for the first time 5 months ago with tremendous enthusiasm to study the political institutions and history of this extraordinary country.

I enrolled in Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, California and immediately registered for “Introduction to American Government and Politics." I was shocked by my Professor’s singularly one-sided presentation. Week after week, I encountered a lack of intellectual and political diversity that I would have more commonly expected to have heard on the streets of pre-liberation Iraq. In this particular class I heard only one consistent refrain: America is bad.

A week before thanksgiving Professor Woolcock assigned us a take home final exam. The final exam consisted solely of one required essay : “Dye and Zeigler contend that the Constitution of the United States was not ‘ordained and established’ by ‘the people’ as we have so often been led to believe. They contend instead that it was written by a small educated and wealthy elite in America who were representative of powerful economic and political interests. Analyze the US constitution (original document), and show how its formulation excluded the majority of the people living in America at that time, and how it was dominated by America's elite interest.”

When I read the assignment I remembered back to my high school in Kuwait. Many of my teachers were Palestinian; they hated America, they hated my worldview, and they did their best to brainwash me. I did not leave my country and my family to come to the United States to receive further brainwashing. I disagreed completely with Dye and Zeigler’s thesis. I wrote an essay defending America’s Founding Fathers and upholding the US constitution as a pioneering document, which has contributed to extraordinary freedoms in America and other corners of the world - including my corner, the Middle East.

Professor Woolcock didn’t grade my essay. Instead he told me to come to see him in his office the following morning. I was surprised the next morning when instead of giving me a grade, Professor Woolcock verbally attacked me and my essay. He told me, “Your views are irrational.” He called me naïve for believing in the greatness of this country, and told me "America is not God's gift to the world." Then he upped the stakes and said "You need regular psychotherapy." Apparently, if you are an Arab Muslim who loves America you must be deranged. Professor Woolcock went as far as to threaten me by stating that he would visit the Dean of International Admissions (who has the power to take away student visas) to make sure I received regular psychological treatment.

This scared me. I didn’t want to be deported for having written a pro-American essay, so as soon as I left his office I made an appointment with the school psychologist. She let me go with a comment that I don’t need regular therapy. As I left her office, I couldn’t help thinking that even my Palestinian high school teachers had never tried to silence me or put me in therapy.

I have since learned that mine is not an isolated case. Many students in American universities are being indoctrinated and silenced by biased professors who hate America. America saved my life and the lives of my family. How can I not speak out?

The local media picked up the story of what happened to me. Professor Woolcock then filed a school grievance accusing me, under section 5 of Foothill’s grievance code, of an “act or threat of intimidation or general harassment.” If you are confused by this, so was I. Foothill’s Dean of Student Affairs, Don Dorsey, would not let me see the grievance as filed but he summarized it for me by saying, "Professor Woolcock feels harassed by your having mentioned his name to the media."

As a result of growing media attention I am told that Foothill’s Board of Trustees has received hundreds of e-mails. I came to this country to study American political institutions and I have certainly been getting a crash course. I’ve discovered that, as a tax-payer funded college, Foothill has a 5 member publicly elected Board of Trustees who care passionately about Education .

Ironically, as I was going through all of this I learned that California State Senator Bill Morrow was introducing the Academic Bill of Rights to the State Legislature to defend academic freedom and intellectual diversity on California’s campuses. As a result of my own experience and the many stories I have heard from other Foothill students, I am helping to form a chapter of Students for Academic Freedom to get my college and my state to adopt this bill. You can encourage Foothill’s Board of Trustees to pass the Academic Bill of Rights as official school policy by emailing them at [url=http://www.fhda.edu/about_us/board/]http://www.fhda.edu/about_us/board/[/url].

Ahmad Al-Qloushi was born and raised in Al-Shaab, Kuwait where he attended English language school. He recently became President of Foothill’s College Republicans. He is a Political-Science major at Foothill College.

Another Ex- Muslim Militant Now Speaks for Israel

Zachariah Anani was teenage militia fighter, now uses his upbringing and studies in an all-Muslim university to teach on Islam and equip Canadian Christians to effectively evangelize Muslims. He now joins us also in our just cause for Israel.

Anani knows Islam intimately. Born into a family of Muslim clergy in Beirut, Lebanon, he began Islamic school at age three. His grandfather and great grandfather had been imams (religious authorities), and his family expected him to carry the torch.

At 13 he joined one of the many military groups that existed in the early '70s. "All the religious fragments had their own secret militia," he says. "I was trained to fight and kill Jews and to hate Christians and Americans."

His family was pleased with his decision because according to Islamic teaching, those who die in battle against "unbelievers" are assured of reaching heaven. Ironically, Anani faced the Israelis only once. Most of the time, though, the Muslim groups fought among themselves.

By the time he turned 16, "life meant nothing," he says.

Soon after enlisting, he made his first kill. By the time he turned 16, "life meant nothing," he says. "Every time I killed someone and two or three fighters witnessed it, they would give me a point on my chart. I carried 223 points."

Even his comrades feared him. "Although we had a sense of loyalty to each other," he says, "we were ready to take out enemies or friends." When a fanatical Muslim joined his regiment and began knocking on doors to wake the others for prayer at 3 A.M., Anani warned him: "I don't want to pray. Don't come and wake me." When he heard the knock early the next morning, Anani picked up his gun, shot him, and went back to sleep.

Anani was soon promoted to troop leader and then formed his own regiment. But "life seemed painful and empty," he says.

Alone and bored one afternoon, he approached a gathering on the street. An American missionary was talking with someone about Jesus. As Anani turned to walk away, he heard the American say, "Jesus Christ will give you hope and a new life."

Anani thought, "Who's this Jesus Christ? I know Christians, but who's this Jesus? Is there hope? Is there new life?" He waited until the crowd had left and then approached the American. After a brief discussion, the American pushed his card into his hand and said, "Call whenever you want."

Unable to sleep that night, he kept replaying the American's words in his mind. The next day, Anani called. He wept when he heard about Jesus' sacrificial death, and after opening the Bible for the first time, he read, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." That afternoon he submitted his life to Christ.

His family immediately responded. His father tore Anani's Bible apart and slapped him. His mother warned every neighbour to keep their boys away from Anani.

Muslim leaders called him to the local mosque and interrogated him. The imam asked intelligent questions, and Anani felt the inadequacy of his own answers: "I knew nothing about Islam, nothing about Christianity."

But he claimed to be a Christian, so he was beaten unconscious and excommunicated. This meant that if he didn't recant and return to Islam within three days, anybody had the right to kill him. Fifteen attempts were made on his life in the years that followed.

Apart from one professor, no one in the university suspected he was a Christian. But in the Muslim neighborhood where he grew up, everyone knew it. He moved to the city's Christian sector, but the persecution continued. Even his father hired assassins to kill him.

After Anani debated with a Muslim scholar in the United States, his family was attacked in Lebanon.

Finally church leaders convinced him to leave Lebanon because his presence endangered others. In 1996 Anani entered Canada as a refugee. It took another three difficult years before his wife and three children could join him. After Anani debated with a Muslim scholar in the United States, his family was attacked in Lebanon. Two of his children required surgery.

He talks about Islam's worldwide strategy for conquest. "Muslims are not asleep," he says. "They're on the march." He uses Lebanon as an example—a country that was 70 percent Christian in the early '70s." Today the majority are Muslim and "they can't preach Christ."

"A lot of people think that Islam is okay," says Anani, and "that those who are making these terrorist attacks are not from Islam. It's actually the other way around. The people who are nice are not really true Muslims—all you have to do is read the doctrine. Chapter (9) of the Qur'an is nothing but a declaration of war."

He also tells Christians that most Muslims are secular and don't know the Qur'an. "They believe anything the sheikh tells them," says Anani, referring to Middle Eastern Muslims. "If you show genuine friendship to them, they will listen to you and God will open the door."

Anani now also speaks out for Israel and is joining The Walid Shoebat Foundation to speak out bravely concerning Israel right to exist and to prosper in the Middle East. Expect to hear and see him on Campuses all over North America over the next few years.

Salem alecum, shalom brother ZaK. Welcome to our righteous cause.

May you go from strength to strength

Walid Shoebat

Walid welcomes Dr. Tarek Abdelhamid to the side of righteous Arabs who speak for Israel

Biography of Tarek Abdelhamid M.D.; Mlitt(Education)

I was born in Egypt in 1961.
    I was born to a secular family and at the age of 16 I started to search for the creator. I loved him so much and I used to see him and his beauty around me and everywhere. I used certain mathematical calculations to prove his existence and my believe in him was solely dependent on the wonders of his creation.

Later on, I started to read the bible as an attempt to criticise it in the ongoing religious debates between Muslims and Christians. After that, I realised that my knowledge of the Islam itself was limited and I started to study it.

I then joined the Islamic Group GI in Egypt in my Medical School (it was legal back then). It was the same group that produced Alzawaherri (The top number 2 person of Al Qaeda) and I used to pray regularly with him. In just few months I discovered the evil of these groups and I developed my own sect in Islam that was peaceful and promoted love to every human being irrespective of his or her religion. I started to preach in Mosques to promote my peaceful sect and I became a target of many Islamic fanatics who threatened my life. I was doing this by myself.

I was preaching love and peace for more than 20 years before Sep the 11th and based on certain facts in the current interpretation of Islam, I predicted the attack on NY two years before its happening.

Most Muslims who listened to me realised that I could be the one who can do a wonderful reformation in the Islamic religion but sadly the powers of darkness were overwhelming and I was forced to emigrate with my family to the West seeking freedom.

I am a Medical Doctor who was qualified from the medical school at Cairo University-Egypt. Later on, I passed the United States Medical Licensing Examination USMLE with relatively high scores and I did a Master degrees in Internal Medicine and another one in Education. The latter is done in the western universities. During my Masters degree in the west I was teaching medicine to the final year medical school students and I developed one of the most innovative models for learning and Computer Assisted Instruction (the Multi Dimensional Learning Models). I have also implemented some of my models of learning into kids’ education as well.

I am also an author for some medical books.

I add my voice to Walid Shoebat and I am willing to speak out against Islamic Fundamentalism and to defend Israel from the evil that prevails in the world today.

[quote][b]“Dye and Zeigler contend that the Constitution of the United States was not ‘ordained and established’ by ‘the people’ as we have so often been led to believe. They contend instead that it was written by a small educated and wealthy elite in America who were representative of powerful economic and political interests. [u]Analyze the US constitution (original document), and show how its formulation excluded the majority of the people living in America at that time, and how it was dominated by America's elite interest.” [/u][/b][/quote]

I don't know, this seems a pretty legit question actually, albeit perhaps not for the final (and nonwithstanding the overall Anti-American nature of the class itself).

History, as I was taught it in NY and VA public schhools, does INDEED say that the Constitution was drafted and designed by a group of wealthy, White, Landowners who were, in many regards, looking out for their own interests while rebeling against the domination imposed upon them by the British system. Of course, since when is it wrong to look after your own interests, right?

It is also true that women (45% of the Population give or take) and non-whites (another solid percentage of overal population) were indeed both excluded form having any rights under the original document........items corrected at later dates.

Of course, none of this changes the absolute brilliance of the document itself, and the new world of freedom and liberty it created. The elite class of that time (the framers) simply were not living in an era where the concept of sexual or racial equallity existed. It is hard to overly fault them, all considered.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 04:42 PM
    [b] [quote][b]“Dye and Zeigler contend that the Constitution of the United States was not ‘ordained and established’ by ‘the people’ as we have so often been led to believe. They contend instead that it was written by a small educated and wealthy elite in America who were representative of powerful economic and political interests. [u]Analyze the US constitution (original document), and show how its formulation excluded the majority of the people living in America at that time, and how it was dominated by America's elite interest.” [/u][/b][/quote]

I don't know, this seems a pretty legit question actually, albeit perhaps not for the final (and nonwithstanding the overall Anti-American nature of the class itself).

History, as I was taught it in NY and VA public schhools, does INDEED say that the Constitution was drafted and designed by a group of wealthy, White, Landowners who were, in many regards, looking out for their own interests while rebeling against the domination imposed upon them by the British system. Of course, since when is it wrong to look after your own interests, right?

It is also true that women (45% of the Population give or take) and non-whites (another solid percentage of overal population) were indeed both excluded form having any rights under the original document........items corrected at later dates.

Of course, none of this changes the absolute brilliance of the document itself, and the new world of freedom and liberty it created. The elite class of that time (the framers) simply were not living in an era where the concept of sexual or racial equallity existed. It is hard to overly fault them, all considered. [/b][/quote]
    While I see what your saying Fish the point is the Liberal professor
    thinks the Kid need help because he loves this Country!! I never
    said you need help because you don't like a strong America...Hmmm
    maybe I should rethink my position on that one!!! :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 03:42 PM
    [b] [quote][b]“Dye and Zeigler contend that the Constitution of the United States was not ‘ordained and established’ by ‘the people’ as we have so often been led to believe. They contend instead that it was written by a small educated and wealthy elite in America who were representative of powerful economic and political interests. [u]Analyze the US constitution (original document), and show how its formulation excluded the majority of the people living in America at that time, and how it was dominated by America's elite interest.” [/u][/b][/quote]

Of course, none of this changes the absolute brilliance of the document itself, and the new world of freedom and liberty it created. The elite class of that time (the framers) simply were not living in an era where the concept of sexual or racial equallity existed. It is hard to overly fault them, all considered. [/b][/quote]
    For the most part, I agree with you but the way this question is phrased makes it a loaded one. There is no doubt that a large part of the population was not represented by the constitution but the problem is that he wasn’t allowed the opportunity to disagree with the question. It also never makes any mention of women and non-white landowners, only the educated and wealthy elite, which I think is at least somewhat debatable. It seems like his only problem is that it was written by the educated (not a problem with me) and the wealthy elite (probably the only ones who were able to afford education and even knew how to read and write.). I see where your coming from but I would have a problem with question determining the outcome of my grade.

Hall Of Fame
    This professor is just an idiot. He probably was a very good student and found a set of beliefs he supported, but doesnt realize that everyone doesnt support his beliefs, but if they dont, they are idiots.

I could understand the professor feeling this way towards the US, but give the essay shouldve been one where you either agree or disagree with Dye and the other guy, instead of just support them. I've never heard of anything like that in my life, and Ive had some pretty brutal profs.

TMahoney
    Both the Professor and Student have overreacted.

[quote][b]While I see what your saying Fish the point is the Liberal professor
    thinks the Kid need help because he loves this Country!! I never
    said you need help because you don't like a strong America...Hmmm
    maybe I should rethink my position on that one!!! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I get ya Sav, but please don't mistake my willingness to be openminded with some dislike of America. I do not feel a weak America makes for a better world at all.

And to be upfront here, I didn't have time to read your entire post, so I responded to the small portion I had tiem to read. As such, I may have missed quite a bit int he rest of your long post.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Probably just displaced anger from years of being called Woolcock... :P