Thread: Slam Dunk Contest is back!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    did anyone see josh smith in the dunk contest-incredible. absolutely ridiculous. i fell out of my chair he was so amazing. that dunk over k-mart was off the heezy fo sheezy if i may say so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm only 24 but the ones I grew up with were the S**T. Kenny Sky Walker, Nique, Jordan Back to Back. Spud Webb. I loved Kenny Smith he always threw it under his legs facing away from the backboard and caught it off the backboard for the Dunk. Vince Carter put on a ridiculous show a few years ago but other than that it has been pretty lame. Last Night was decent as was Jason Richardson's but the classics of the 80's and early 90's were UNREAL or maybe they seemed that way because I was a kid.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This dunk :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by prza@Feb 20 2005, 01:28 AM
    I'm only 24 but the ones I grew up with were the S**T. Kenny Sky Walker, Nique, Jordan Back to Back. Spud Webb. I loved Kenny Smith he always threw it under his legs facing away from the backboard and caught it off the backboard for the Dunk. Vince Carter put on a ridiculous show a few years ago but other than that it has been pretty lame. Last Night was decent as was Jason Richardson's but the classics of the 80's and early 90's were UNREAL or maybe they seemed that way because I was a kid.
    the guys back in the day had more style. j smith did a good job,but those were poor man d wilkins dunks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 20 2005, 03:54 AM

This dunk :blink:
    that DUNK WAS UNBELIEVABLE! :o

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the steve nash-stoudemire dunk was the best of the night though..off the f'n head..still can't believe it!!!!!!!!!&#3 3;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was more impressed with Nash than amare on that

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    that was probably one of the worst dunk contests in the last decade.

Chris Anderson made a mockery of the event.

Stoudamire couldnt do anything interesting unless Nash was hooking it up.

JR Smith and Anderson trying to give each other bounce passes was just painful to watch.

Josh Smith can fly, but no way he wins if hes in another dunk contest of the past 5 years (except maybe the Freddie Jones one).

Until the REAL dunkers of the league are competing (Lebron, Vince, Kobe, JRich), this event will always be a joke...I cant believe Magic had the nerve to say the dunk contest was back after all that nonsense that went on last night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nique was my all time favorite. He IS THE WINDMILL!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    AI allstar MVP!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EZV@Feb 20 2005, 01:00 PM
    that was probably one of the worst dunk contests in the last decade.

Chris Anderson made a mockery of the event.

Stoudamire couldnt do anything interesting unless Nash was hooking it up.

JR Smith and Anderson trying to give each other bounce passes was just painful to watch.

Josh Smith can fly, but no way he wins if hes in another dunk contest of the past 5 years (except maybe the Freddie Jones one).

Until the REAL dunkers of the league are competing (Lebron, Vince, Kobe, JRich), this event will always be a joke...I cant believe Magic had the nerve to say the dunk contest was back after all that nonsense that went on last night.
    im there with ya on this one....put the contest back the way it was and bring out the big guns...

magic and smith have to say that stuff they work for TNT...horrible dunk contest though