Thread: US Military has secret meeting with Iraqi Insurgen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert Fisk lead Middle East correspondent for the Independent of London projected that this would happen 3 months ago. His estimation was in light of Iraqi falling into a state of near complete lawlessness and chaos that US Forces would seek negotiations as a way of saving face inlight of the continual disintegration of the overall security situation in Iraq. Like Henry Kissinger seeking talks with North Vietnam and Lee Duk Toh in the late 60s the US will seek talks the Iraqi Insurgency as a way of saving face so that it may "declare victory and go home" or on to the next military adventure.

The matter of what was discussed at the meeting will be little more than speculation until there is public confirmation by both sides but there is no getting around the fact the US Military has recognised the Insurgency and those that hold positions of influence within it.

Here it is...from that Left-Wing, Pinko Rag ;) Time : [url=http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1029862,00.html]http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...1029862,00.html[/url]

Happy Presidents Day ! :P

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 07:44 PM
    [b] Robert Fisk lead Middle East correspondent for the Independent of London projected that this would happen 3 months ago. His estimation was in light of Iraqi falling into a state of near complete lawlessness and chaos that US Forces would seek negotiations as a way of saving face inlight of the continual disintegration of the overall security situation in Iraq. Like Henry Kissinger seeking talks with North Vietnam and Lee Duk Toh in the late 60s the US will seek talks the Iraqi Insurgency as a way of saving face so that it may "declare victory and go home" or on to the next military adventure.

The matter of what was discussed at the meeting will be little more than speculation until there is public confirmation by both sides but there is no getting around the fact the US Military has recognised the Insurgency and those that hold positions of influence within it.

Here it is...from that Left-Wing, Pinko Rag ;) Time : [url=http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1029862,00.html]http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...1029862,00.html[/url]

Happy Presidents Day ! :P [/b][/quote]
    More mindless rhetoric from a scumbag like yourself- your reasoning for this meeting is a valid as other idiot stories you've previously posted here- such as 180 American soldiers being killed in a single day....totally baseless and devoid of fact. ;)

Funny- when we put the axe to the grind in Fallujah they (the insurgents) were slaughtered, much to your dismay....too bad they are speaking with them- I kind of liked hearing how the insurgents were being liquidated off the face of the earth.... :P

To show you how pathetic westcoasthole really is, even Time admits in this article (page 3) [i]The new U.S. policy of engagement is aimed at driving a wedge between nationalist insurgents and the jihadists. [/i]...yes, we're trying to save face.

Again, another great post by WCH devoid of fact yet full of anti-American rhetoric.

Hey Hole- as bad as your football observations are at least they make more sense then the crap you post here. :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And not to ruin your day further:

[b]U.S. and Iraqi Forces Launch Operation Against Insurgents[/b]

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- U.S. Marines and Iraqi security forces launched an offensive Sunday against insurgents in troubled cities west of Baghdad after two days of carnage that left nearly 100 people dead. Sunni Muslim tribal leaders met to determine their place in a Shiite-dominated Iraqi government.

As the Shiite majority prepared to take control of the country's first freely elected government, tribal chiefs representing Sunni Arabs in six provinces issued a list of demands -- including participation in the government and drafting a new constitution -- after previously refusing to acknowledge the vote's legitimacy.

[b]``We made a big mistake when we didn't vote,'' said Sheik Hathal Younis Yahiya, 49, a representative from northern Nineveh. ``Our votes were very important.'' [/b]

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Iraq.html?hp&ex=1108962000&en=19d82506d5c9dedc&ei=5094&partner=homepage]http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/internatio...artner=homepage[/url]

--------------------------------------------------

As I've said in previous threads- missed opportunities will forever haunt the Sunni's and bring down WCH hero's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]More mindless rhetoric from a scumbag like yourself- your reasoning for this meeting is a valid as other idiot stories you've previously posted here.....[/b][/quote] [b]SNIP.....[/b]

Bwaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa Haaaaaaa ROFLMAO

I can always count on you to be the first in line CBNY. What took you so long ?

[quote][b]Funny- when we put the axe to the grind in Fallujah they (the insurgents) were slaughtered, much to your dismay....too bad they are speaking with them- I kind of liked hearing how the insurgents were being liquidated off the face of the earth.... [/b][/quote]

Pssssssst....Hey Bud.......let me clue you in on something.

Most of the insurgents in Fallujah blew town before US Forces showed up. They took over Ramadi and Mosul and bombed the living daylights out of Baghdad while US were "conducting their raid". The bulk of the people slaughtered in Fallujah were local noncombatants.

[quote][b]To show you how pathetic westcoasthole really is, even Time admits in this article (page 3) [i]The new U.S. policy of engagement is aimed at driving a wedge between nationalist insurgents and the jihadists. [/i]...yes, we're trying to save face. [/b][/quote]

As I said in my original post until we get legitimate confirmation by both the sides any report of what was discussed in the meeting is nothing more than conjecture at this point. What I'm pointing out is that such a meeting occurred which establishes recognition of the insurgency.

[quote][b]Again, another great post by WCH devoid of fact yet full of anti-American rhetoric.[/b][/quote]

Are you saying the meeting never took place ?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 08:26 PM
    [b] [quote][b]More mindless rhetoric from a scumbag like yourself- your reasoning for this meeting is a valid as other idiot stories you've previously posted here.....[/b][/quote] [b]SNIP.....[/b]

Bwaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa Haaaaaaa ROFLMAO

I can always count on you to be the first in line CBNY. What took you so long ?

[quote][b]Funny- when we put the axe to the grind in Fallujah they (the insurgents) were slaughtered, much to your dismay....too bad they are speaking with them- I kind of liked hearing how the insurgents were being liquidated off the face of the earth.... [/b][/quote]

Pssssssst....Hey Bud.......let me clue you in on something.

Most of the insurgents in Fallujah blew town before US Forces showed up. They took over Ramadi and Mosul and bombed the living daylights out of Baghdad while US were "conducting their raid". The bulk of the people slaughtered in Fallujah were local noncombatants.

[quote][b]To show you how pathetic westcoasthole really is, even Time admits in this article (page 3) [i]The new U.S. policy of engagement is aimed at driving a wedge between nationalist insurgents and the jihadists. [/i]...yes, we're trying to save face. [/b][/quote]

As I said in my original post until we get legitimate confirmation by both the sides any report of what was discussed in the meeting is nothing more than conjecture at this point. What I'm pointing out is that such a meeting occurred which establishes recognition of the insurgency.

[quote][b]Again, another great post by WCH devoid of fact yet full of anti-American rhetoric.[/b][/quote]

Are you saying the meeting never took place ? [/b][/quote]
    no...the mindless rhetoric comes into place when you sublimate your ridiculous theories on why the meeting took place.

Are you saying your posts are usually not void of fact??

[quote][b]Most of the insurgents in Fallujah blew town before US Forces showed up. They took over Ramadi and Mosul and bombed the living daylights out of Baghdad while US were "conducting their raid". The bulk of the people slaughtered in Fallujah were local noncombatants.[/b][/quote]

Watching LinK TV again??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's wrong with negotiating a truce with the enemy...if they're willing to talk?

They CLAIM our presence is why they're fighting. Maybe they're willing to put that in writing. A meeting might prove it.

These meetings are part of a war. Washington met with Cornwallis in a tent to discuss terms of surrender days before anyone agreed to give up Yorktown.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mole, do you even read what you post?

It's clear these meetings began at the behest of the insurgents, most of whom are former Baath party members who clearly realize that the newly elected Shiites have 30 years of evening the score to do on their marked asses, and the insurgent reps are basically coming to the "negotiating table" with hat in hand.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Mole, do you even read what you post?[/b][/quote]

Absolutely 318, but not in the sense that you or most conservatives read something. I accept nothing at face value. I understand clearly the media is the lap dog to powerful economic interests in this country. What Time proffered as the explanation for the meeting is not readily verifiable and wreeks of government propaganda.

When I initiated the post I pointed out that Robert Fisk, a journalist identified with an alternative point of view, predicted that such meetings would take place. I then seized on the title from a dominant publication to validate Fisk's claim. And that is not to say that Fisk has mystical powers of clairvoyance. It's just that when you have been around for a while certain patterns of government behavior become clearly evident. Fisk's prognostication was based on what happened with the US in Vietnam, The French in Algeria and the Japanese in Southeast Asia.

The point is there is no questioning the meeting took place. And there is no questioning the fact that this is a "climb down" (the European term) on the part of the US who are now sitting at the table with people they once described as "Dead-Enders" who they would pummel into the ground.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I accept nothing at face value. [/b][/quote]

Translation: I lie and believe sh!t said on anti-American radio.

[quote][b]I understand clearly the media is the lap dog to powerful economic interests in this country. What Time proffered as the explanation for the meeting is not readily verifiable and wreeks of government propaganda. [/b][/quote]

Translation: I believe made up news from homemade websites that is completely false- as has been proven time and time again on this site- whether regurgetating garbge from places like Sky News or ProFootballTalk, I'd rather be led around by rhetoric.

[quote][b]When I initiated the post I pointed out that Robert Fisk, a journalist identified with an alternative point of view, predicted that such meetings would take place. [/b][/quote]

Dude really went out on a limb on that one, didn't he.....

[quote][b] And there is no questioning the fact that this is a "climb down" (the European term) on the part of the US who are now sitting at the table with people they once described as "Dead-Enders" who they would pummel into the ground. [/b][/quote]

Not to mention West Coast Hole's hero's, the remaining insurgents, are trying anything to save their asses...nope, let's avoid the obvious.

Funny- the Sunni's are already *****in they made a mistake not voting in the election- how soon before they (the Sunni's) turn on the insurgents as a show of goodwill to make sure they are not left out of the new government???

Hey Hole- let's see how that predicition holds up against Fisk-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Feb 21 2005, 07:22 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I accept nothing at face value. [/b][/quote]

Translation: I lie and believe sh!t said on anti-American radio.
    [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

You know, this guy used to disgust me, but now I just get amused. Especially when Jets5Ever rips him a new one.

For sheer entertainmant value, nothing comes close.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole[/i]@Feb 21 2005, 06:51 PM
    [b][quote][b]Mole, do you even read what you post?[/b][/quote]

...I accept nothing at face value....

The point is there is no questioning the meeting took place... [/b][/quote]
    But how can you know...for sure?