Thread: Alonzo Mourning

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw that he caught a few boos last nite and I feel bad about that. As a Nets fan I appreciate his candor and honesty in comments towards the front office. Nice to have a voice that's heard saying the same things you're thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't stand Alonzo, there isn't a player who deserves a title less than Alonzo. This man is a thief, he stole money from Miami and NJ. Miami stood by him after the kidney problem became known so he bolts for NJ and more money knowing he was sick and probably couldn't fulfill that contract(the Nets don't go blameless they never should have signed him) then the Nets stand by him and all he does is whine his way out of NJ. The man has stolen more money than any person in history and hopefully the Heat do not win a title or else Alonzo would be stealing a Championship ring as well.

Marbury and Co.
    Originally posted by nyjunc@Mar 5 2005, 11:08 AM
    I can't stand Alonzo, there isn't a player who deserves a title less than Alonzo. This man is a thief, he stole money from Miami and NJ. Miami stood by him after the kidney problem became known so he bolts for NJ and more money knowing he was sick and probably couldn't fulfill that contract(the Nets don't go blameless they never should have signed him) then the Nets stand by him and all he does is whine his way out of NJ. The man has stolen more money than any person in history and hopefully the Heat do not win a title or else Alonzo would be stealing a Championship ring as well.
    Don't worry, Miami is not getting past the Detroit Pistons. It's just not happening.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wife beater Jason Kidd also deserves a lot of the blame for the Mourning signing, since he threatened to leave if they didn't sign Moruning, forcing the Nets to give Mourning an uninsurable guaranteed contract. And then they both have the nerve to whine when the team can't sign other good players with those two selfish jerks taking up all the team's money.

The one thing I think is neat about Mourning being in Miami now is that Shaq, Laetner, and Mourning were the top 3 picks in the same draft, and now are all on the same team (Laettner on injured list)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jpoppy7@Mar 6 2005, 01:03 AM
    Wife beater Jason Kidd also deserves a lot of the blame for the Mourning signing, since he threatened to leave if they didn't sign Moruning, forcing the Nets to give Mourning an uninsurable guaranteed contract. And then they both have the nerve to whine when the team can't sign other good players with those two selfish jerks taking up all the team's money.

The one thing I think is neat about Mourning being in Miami now is that Shaq, Laetner, and Mourning were the top 3 picks in the same draft, and now are all on the same team (Laettner on injured list)
    Yeah I love kidd, great player, but he's a baby. I'm a die hard net fan, will root for them till I die, but I think we'd be a much better team if we had martin/carter/jefferson as our stars than kidd/carter/jefferson. A lot of teams who are decent guy by with an ok PG...I love kidd in a nets uniform, but he's dispensable...too bad nobody wants to deal with that fat contract. We should've traded him to Golden State at the trade deadline for claxton, and like 2 draft picks or something. It'd free up a lot of money for us to go after a big front court free agent in the off season.

Oh well i'm just rambling. I love kidd but he's gotta stop being a *****.