Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: OT: Ncaa bball trivia

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Denver U win today with an 11-19 record got me to thinking....what was the worst record ever to punch a ticket to the dance? what team? what record? what year? My curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up. SO I pose this trivia to the rest of the forum:

What was the worst team record wise to make it to the dance? what year? and how many wins did they have??

GOOD LUCK FELLAS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember Fairfield won the MAAC tournament a few years back with some ridiculously bad record.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't fairfield

HINT: East coast team, back in the 60's

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    F@@@ Fairfield and F@@@ Niagra. Sorry no idea on the question, but if you understand my forum name then you'll understand the bitterness.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jasper17@Mar 8 2005, 10:29 PM
    F@@@ Fairfield and F@@@ Niagra. Sorry no idea on the question, but if you understand my forum name then you'll understand the bitterness.
    :lol: -- don't fret, i'm a iona fan myself

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Siena won it in 2002 like 5 games under .500, but I know they werent the worst.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RickLyle IZ GOD@Mar 8 2005, 10:23 PM
    Watching Denver U win today with an 11-19 record got me to thinking....what was the worst record ever to punch a ticket to the dance? what team? what record? what year? My curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up. SO I pose this trivia to the rest of the forum:

What was the worst team record wise to make it to the dance? what year? and how many wins did they have??

GOOD LUCK FELLAS
    It wasn't Denver. Denver lost 88-69 in the Sun Belt Championship with a record of 20-10. I think you meant Oakland. They defeated Oral Roberts 61-60 in the Mid Continent Championship with a record of 12-18.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony1987+Mar 8 2005, 10:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anthony1987 @ Mar 8 2005, 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RickLyle IZ GOD@Mar 8 2005, 10:23 PM

GOOD LUCK FELLAS
    It wasn&#39;t Denver. Denver lost 88-69 in the Sun Belt Championship with a record of 20-10. I think you meant Oakland. They defeated Oral Roberts 61-60 in the Mid Continent Championship with a record of 12-18. [/b][/quote]
    Yea, you&#39;re right Anthony, I meant Oakland. Okay, since nobody is going to get it:

George Washington 1961 9-23

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RickLyle IZ GOD@Mar 8 2005, 11:31 PM
    :lol: -- don&#39;t fret, i&#39;m a iona fan myself
    THAT&#39;S JUST AS BAD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Let me know if you ever want to chat MAAC Basketball
    I&#39;ve loved it ever since I came to the Bronx or as the people here like to say "Riverdale"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Billings won the Big Sky conf. a few years back with a pretty bad record. It wasn&#39;t 9-23 though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    4 teams have made the Final 4 with undefeated records. Name &#39;em.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone else degenerate enough to take 2 days from work just to watch every game of the first round?

My friend and I did i tlast yr, and now are group is growing. Just sit down and watch about 44 hours of straight college basketball... There isn&#39;t anything like the first two round of the tourny... I can&#39;t wait...
    I go to St. Mark&#39;s Ale house to watch the games, anyone know another place in Manhattan that would have the games but won&#39;t be too crowded at night?
    This is going to be a big BIG 12 YEAR... that&#39;s all I got

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 teams have made the Final 4 with undefeated records. Name &#39;em.

Indiana - 1976 (I think)
    Indiana St. - 1979
    UCLA - a lot of times
    UNLV - 1991

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The team in &#39;76 was Rutgers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Indiana was the least team to have a perfect record