Thread: Blue Ice, curved cross bars

Maybe I'm just old a crusty...but I miss white boards with yellow kick-plates and no advertisements...rectangular goal creases and goals...and white ice with blue and red lines.

sigh.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050...331/1051316.asp

Hall Of Fame
    That goal looks ridiculous

I saw it in person Wednesday...I have to admit it's kinda cool. It's shallower than a standard net, so wrap-a-rounds are easier...my biggest problem (as a goalie) is that one of the juiciest targets for the shooter is right behind ny head.

Veteran
    Are there any pictures of the prototype? I'm a bit intrigued to know what they look like.

Originally posted by JetFan-68@Apr 1 2005, 09:21 AM
    Are there any pictures of the prototype? I'm a bit intrigued to know what they look like.
    yeah...check the link in the first post of this thread.

Veteran
    Apparently, my reading comprehension is sub-par. Then again, it was never really there at all in the first place. Thanks for the heads up.

As for the goals, they look weird.

All League
    As a huge fan of hockey and a goaltender for 14+ years if this net is adopted into the NHL, if it ever comes back. I will turn in my Rangers season tickets and never give another penny to the game of hockey. These rule changes are a damn disgrace to the game. Leave it the way it is. You want to watch high scoring, watch the NBA. The reason no one cares about hockey has nothing to do with the game itself. You think all of a sudden, 3 more goals a game is going to get America all in a frenzy??? Gimme an F'ing break.

If they want to fix the game its very simple. Atlanta doesnt need a hockey team. Nashville doesnt need a hockey team. The Ducks can feel free to leave. Pheonix arizona doesnt need a hockey team. Goodbye Carolina. Florida goodbye.

The only good expansion choices were giving a team back to Minnesota and giving a team to Columbus. NHL needs to loose the teams that have no place in the NHL.

The NHL is loosing money because kids today couldnt care less about it. Of course there are a few, but not as many as i remeber when i was growing up playing hockey. All kids today care about is Basketball, baseball and football. IMO Basketball is the one killing the NHL.

Hall Of Fame
    Funny how the game was exciting 10 years ago with the same rules. Get rid of the obstruction and trap games and the excitement comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gun Of Bavaria
    Funny how the game was exciting 10 years ago with the same rules. Get rid of the obstruction and trap games and the excitement comes back.

amen to that.