Thread: Curious, anyone miss the NHL?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Curious, anyone miss the NHL?

How are you fans of the NHL holding up this season? It just dawned on my that the playoffs would be approaching, are you guys in pain missing your game?

Personally, I don't miss it at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Ranger fan my season would be ending about now anyway. I missed it from the Doug Brien game to the Braden Looper game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ****ing NHL pretty much guaranteed that Messier wouldn't return.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been missing it at all until I realized that the playoffs would have started a few days ago and a local TV station decided to post some Wings highlights. I miss it a little not but I'm still so pissed I could care less.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't miss it one bit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly do. Although the Rangers weren't going to be good this year, I was excited to see them finally put some young kids out there instead of overpaid old guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think I missed it, then on Sunday, I realized that I had just watched a hour and a half of NASCAR and it occurred to me that maybe I do wish the greedy bastards were actually playing.

Oh well...piss on 'em.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it looked like there was going to be an agreement, I was all set to have an "Islanders Roundtable" featuring all 3 beat writers (Alan Hahn from Newsday, Evan Grossman from The Post and Peter Botte from the Daily News) in-studio taking calls from listeners--and then Bettman cancelled the season the day before the Roundtable. So, that hit me as both a fan and a guy who wanted to have good old hockey talk on the radio.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gun Of Bavaria
    I haven't been missing it at all until I realized that the playoffs would have started a few days ago and a local TV station decided to post some Wings highlights. I miss it a little not but I'm still so pissed I could care less.

I couldn't agree more. Up until now I couldn't give two sh*ts but as the days get warmer and leaves start popping up on trees it just feels like something's missing. But F'em all! They're ruining the league and they're the only ones who'll end up paying for it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss it a lot. I'm pissed and I'm confused. Do the players and Bettman really think that they can easily recover from a lost season? I think they're all in for a rude awkening next season... if there is one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    How are you fans of the NHL holding up this season? It just dawned on my that the playoffs would be approaching, are you guys in pain missing your game?

Personally, I don't miss it at all.
    Im dying. I live and breathe hockey. Its my true love. I think, as with most hockey players, that this sport is soemthing you definately grow up doing (skating at young age) and have to put in an effort to continue. waking up at 6am for practice at age 10 is kinda rare, donchathink? food for thought.

bring back hockey, i want to see hasek one more time. (being a goalie, getting to watch the best one ever, play, was amazing)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i miss it because i've fooled myself into thinking that the rangers were going to be good this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.

Even though the Rangers suck, I miss um!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I miss the NHL. There is nothing better than Playoff hockey....especially because the Devils are ALWAYS in it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss the NHL but they are screwing themselves- ESPN announced last week they are dropping hockey....the NHLPA and the owners are truly putting th final nails in the coffin for the sport...

Hopefully, if it hits bottom the league comes back with less teams and a better game- they expanded too much too soon..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i must say, playoff hockey is so exciting. i miss it a bunch. im a rangers fan, and there is no denying the '94 playoffs may have been that greatest thrill ride i've ever been on

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering the fact that I have not been able to sit through more than a minute of the NBA playoffs, count me among those missing Hockey right now.