Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lately alot of bad news out of Iraq

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

lately alot of bad news out of Iraq

- that Indiana businessman is definately going to be executed

- today gunmen in Kirtuk killed 4 Iraqi police

- 15-25 (depending on source) people died in bagdhad car bombs today - dozens wounded

- 9 Iraqis died in the North trying to diffuse an oil pipeline bomb 4 wounded

- 1 US soldier killed by small arms fire yesterday - total US dead is well over 1500

we are supposed to believe things are getting better over there? that we have "turned the corner?"

i don't buy it...

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    I know bad news concerning the US is good news to libs but, you're harping on these few instances in a country of 23 million?

Hell, that seems like an average 24 hours in Detroit....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's sad- we're really losing the war over there.

I mean all those stories about elections, a new governement in place, insurgents being killed or arraigned on television- it's all BS.

[QUOTE]I know bad news concerning the US is good news to libs but, you're harping on these few instances in a country of 23 million?[/QUOTE]

And the harping is now occuring once every month-and-a-half....barbara boxhead is right. Fear not- this person will be in command soon:

[IMG]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/3184.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-14-2005 at 12:01 PM.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/3184.jpg[/img]

[B]LMAO!![/B]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys misinterpret my motivations - i want this country to always be the best at everything it undertakes - I may have been against this war but now that we are in it I want us to win, not lose. All im saying is that every day s--t is supposed to be getting better, when will the violence stop? we can't rebuild a country that is still in resistance...

you guys want to make this a situation of LEFT v RIGHT, GOOD v EVIL all im saying is I hope we win... and im worried that we won't.

CBNY this is a perfect example of how you change the subject - what if anything does Hillary have to do with this thread's topic? NOTHING that's what... just for once can we try something different where one person says something about Subject A and another person responds to Subject A - introducing Subject B is distraction and dodging the issue
    Last edited by bitonti; 04-14-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]you guys misinterpret my motivations - i want this country to always be the best at everything it undertakes - I may have been against this war but now that we are in it I want us to win, not lose. All im saying is that every day s--t is supposed to be getting better, when will the violence stop? we can't rebuild a country that is still in resistance...

you guys want to make this a situation of LEFT v RIGHT, GOOD v EVIL all im saying is I hope we win... and im worried that we won't.

CBNY this is a perfect example of how you change the subject - what if anything does Hillary have to do with this thread's topic? NOTHING that's what... just for once can we try something different where one person says something about Subject A and another person responds to Subject A - introducing Subject B is distraction and dodging the issue[/QUOTE]

:offtopic:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]CBNY this is a perfect example of how you change the subject - what if anything does Hillary have to do with this thread's topic? NOTHING that's what... just for once can we try something different where one person says something about Subject A and another person responds to Subject A - introducing Subject B is distraction and dodging the issue[/QUOTE]

YA VOLLE!

You must have a similiar disability to that of WCH as...IF YOU READ...I answered your post and agreed wholeheartedly with you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I then gave you something to look forward to. :afro:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]IF YOU READ...I answered your post and agreed wholeheartedly with you[/QUOTE]

cmon those comments were dripping with sarcasm...

as for Hillary (who still has nothing to do with this topic), she won't run because everyone knows she has no chance of winning. Cons are hoping she runs because they know she will get slaughtered.

Howard Dean may be many things but he's not going to trot out another weak and unwinnable candidate. The whole reason he's in charge of the DNC is so that the DEMS don't hanstring themselves yet again by running someone who has no shot... Hillary's a moot point.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bit, even with the bad news there is some good. Iraq has a new president elected by the Iraqis. Eventually the insurgents will realize they can't win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman67] Eventually the insurgents will realize they can't win.[/QUOTE]

so you all have said before... time goes by and more people die...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.classicscentral.com/dana/poster2.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman67]Bit, even with the bad news there is some good. Iraq has a new president elected by the Iraqis. Eventually the insurgents will realize they can't win.[/QUOTE]

Don't twist him up. He doesn't want to talk about the good.

As evidenced by his response to your post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]Don't twist him up. He doesn't want to talk about the good.

As evidenced by his response to your post.[/QUOTE]

hey I just want American servicemen to stop dying - why does that make me the bad guy? honestly the fact that they elected a president doesn't make me feel better. When troops stop coming home in caskets then ill be happy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]hey I just want American servicemen to stop dying - why does that make me the bad guy? honestly the fact that they elected a president doesn't make me feel better. When troops stop coming home in caskets then ill be happy.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make you a bad guy at all. And I have tried to frame my responses to keep from characterizing you as such. But it would be helpful to see you acknowledge at least the possibility that the potential for change could lead to fewer casualties in the future, both home and abroad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will admit that - the potential for good things to happen are there - but will you admit that the potential for full blown Iraqi civil war is also there?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i will admit that - the potential for good things to happen are there - but will you admit that the potential for full blown Iraqi civil war is also there?[/QUOTE]

Not anymore- the people that want a civil war are very few and the numbers of Sunni's and Shiites that appall each other and want to do battle is limited....as you saw immediately after the election, level headed Sunni's who did not take part and boycotted the process realized it was a huge mistake and missed a major opportunity so they tried to get into the process as fast as possible not to be left out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i will admit that - the potential for good things to happen are there - but will you admit that the potential for full blown Iraqi civil war is also there?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [color=#1c3520]-CA Youth Kills Rival with Baseball Bat[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Garbage Man Charged in Cape Cod Slaying[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Woman Convicted in Death of Adopted Son[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Utah Man Pleads Guilty to Murdering Wife[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Girls Get Life for Murdering Grandmother[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-35 American Police Officers Killed in the Line of Duty (So Far) in 2005[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]And they say things are getting better over here.[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]I just don't buy it![/color]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's some more good news out of Iraq - rebuilding in progress!!

[QUOTE][B]Iraq president: 50 bodies dumped in Tigris
    20 soldiers killed in stadium, official says[/B]
    Wednesday, April 20, 2005 Posted: 1:42 PM EDT (1742 GMT)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqis made two grisly discoveries Wednesday, finding more than 50 bodies in the Tigris River and 20 Iraqi soldiers shot to death west of the capital, officials said.

Iraq President Jalal Talabani, who held a news conference to discuss Iraq's fledgling government, said dozens of bodies have been found in the Tigris River.

"More than 50 bodies have been brought out from the Tigris, and we have the full names of those who were killed and those criminals who committed these crimes," Talabani said.

Talabani made the remarks after he was asked about the search for hostages from the Madain region, which is southeast of Baghdad.

There were claims last week from Shiite officials that Sunni militants kidnapped dozens of Shiite residents from the area, but Iraqi forces found no captives when they went to Madain.

Talabani said outgoing interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi will lead the investigation into the bodies found in the river.

Allawi's staff was among a group of government officials, who when contacted by CNN, said they were not aware of the discovery until Talabani mentioned it.

The Defense Ministry also said it learned of the matter after the president's remarks.

In the western Iraqi town of Haditha, insurgents shot and killed 20 Iraqi soldiers Wednesday morning, a police official said.

The soldiers, dressed in civilian clothes, were abducted from a vehicle and taken to the Haditha soccer stadium where they were shot to death, the official said.

The soldiers were traveling to the al-Haklaniya police station just south of Haditha, the official said.

Haditha is about 150 miles west of Baghdad.

Iraqi assembly to meet
    Talabani, who met with other politicians Wednesday, said he hoped a new government would be announced Thursday.

Newly elected politicians have been debating the details of the new government, nearly three months after the January 30 elections for a 275-member transitional National Assembly.

The main goal of the transitional government is to write a permanent constitution that will be put to the voters in a referendum later this year. If and when that is approved, a permanent government will be elected.

The assembly also has yet to approve a Cabinet.

[B]Baghdad bombings[/B]
    A series of bombings have rocked the Baghdad region, killing an Iraqi child and an adult and wounding at least eight other people, police said.

This is the latest violence to plague the capital, which has been besieged by insurgent bombings in recent days.

The deadly bombing occurred on the road to Baghdad International Airport. A car bomb exploded near a U.S. military convoy, killing the two Iraqis and wounding at least five others, including a U.S. soldier, police said.

In the two other bombings in southern Baghdad, three Iraqi civilians were wounded near a police patrol and 15 cars were damaged outside a police station, police said.

Tuesday night, two U.S. soldiers were killed in a suicide car bomb attack on a U.S. military convoy near an apartment complex in western Baghdad. The total number of U.S. troops who have died in Iraq stands at 1,562.

Four other soldiers and an Iraqi interpreter were injured.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb][color=#1c3520]-CA Youth Kills Rival with Baseball Bat[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Garbage Man Charged in Cape Cod Slaying[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Woman Convicted in Death of Adopted Son[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Utah Man Pleads Guilty to Murdering Wife[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-Girls Get Life for Murdering Grandmother[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]-35 American Police Officers Killed in the Line of Duty (So Far) in 2005[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]And they say things are getting better over here.[/color]
    [color=#1c3520][/color]
    [color=#1c3520]I just don't buy it![/color][/QUOTE]

here's the difference - what happens in USA is our problem - we have made what happens in IRAQ also our problem - what I want to know is when are we going to get rid of that problem and focus on our own cities and towns??