Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lately alot of bad news out of Iraq

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]hey CBNY when you are posting that the USA ALMOST captured someone as "good news" maybe it's time to re-evaluate expectations. Have things really gotten so bad that Almost capturing someone is hailed as a moral victory?

put it another way If we were on a manhunt for someone and we almost captured them would you think that was good news or bad news?[/QUOTE]

The fact that you consider yourself to be unbiased is LAUGHABLE.

[QUOTE=bitonti]hey CBNY when you are posting that the USA ALMOST captured someone as "good news" maybe it's time to re-evaluate expectations. Have things really gotten so bad that Almost capturing someone is hailed as a moral victory?

put it another way If we were on a manhunt for someone and we almost captured them would you think that was good news or bad news?[/QUOTE]

Don;t get me wrong, I think we ARE making progress in Iraq.....

...but Bit is right, if almost capturing a guy is "good news" we really should re-examine what is or isn't "good news".

Of course his comp was a "treasure trove"....they have to say that, or else all they are saying is "almost got him...but again....we didn't".

Good News, IMO, is OBL and his minions on a cold stone slab.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]The fact that you consider yourself to be unbiased is LAUGHABLE.[/QUOTE]

i never said i was unbiased i said i was independent - no one is unbiased.

Wasn't CBNY saying that getting our hands on the COMPUTER was good news?

[QUOTE=Warfish]Don;t get me wrong, I think we ARE making progress in Iraq.....

...but Bit is right, if almost capturing a guy is "good news" we really should re-examine what is or isn't "good news".

Of course his comp was a "treasure trove"....they have to say that, or else all they are saying is "almost got him...but again....we didn't".

Good News, IMO, is OBL and his minions on a cold stone slab.[/QUOTE]

thanks Warfish - logically if we were on a manhunt and instead of getting the man we got his computer, as far as that man is concerned it's back to square one. Having just barely missed out of certain death, this guy is going to crawl under the biggest darkest rock he can find and not come out for a while. Don't get me wrong im sure the laptop has some value but that's a consolation prize at best.

[QUOTE=bitonti]thanks Warfish - logically if we were on a manhunt and instead of getting the man we got his computer, as far as that man is concerned it's back to square one. Having just barely missed out of certain death, this guy is going to crawl under the biggest darkest rock he can find and not come out for a while. Don't get me wrong im sure the laptop has some value but that's a consolation prize at best.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I'm still confused how we missed him, actually. Didn't he hide under a bridge or something after jumping out of a moving truck? How did we lose him?

[QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]Wasn't CBNY saying that getting our hands on the COMPUTER was good news?[/QUOTE]

yeh well i must have missed when Al zawari's laptop was featured in the deck of 52 most wanted people. maybe there's a deck of 52 most wanted inanimate objects? Bin Ladin's teddy bear is the ace of spades right?

[QUOTE=bitonti]yeh well i must have missed when Al zawari's laptop was featured in the deck of 52 most wanted people. maybe there's a deck of 52 most wanted inanimate objects? Bin Ladin's teddy bear is the ace of spades right?[/QUOTE]

no no no... all I'm saying is that you guys jumped on him for saying that missing AlZarquawi was good news. I was only saying that he said that there WAS some good news in acquiring all of that computer information.

[QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]no no no... all I'm saying is that you guys jumped on him for saying that missing AlZarquawi was good news. I was only saying that he said that there WAS some good news in acquiring all of that computer information.[/QUOTE]

yeh but it's still a silver lining scenario. don't forget that they announced the laptop acquisition on CNN, now every two bit rat bastard that suspects he is even vaguely connected to that laptop is on red alert.

JMO if that laptop had any information of value in it they would have kept it's discovery secret.

[QUOTE=bitonti]yeh but it's still a silver lining scenario. don't forget that they announced the laptop acquisition on CNN, now every two bit rat bastard that suspects he is even vaguely connected to that laptop is on red alert.

JMO if that laptop had any information of value in it they would have kept it's discovery secret.[/QUOTE]

I thought that laptop was recovered in February. Am I wrong on that? If that's the case then it WAS kept a secret for a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]Wasn't CBNY saying that getting our hands on the COMPUTER was good news?[/QUOTE]
    This is part-n-parcel with a prediction I maxde several weeks ago which was as Iraq moves closer to freedom and self-control it will be the Iraqi's who turn in the insurgents, which is what happened here... :yes:

then of course I will use the bitonti way of thinking about the Khidawi assasination...why the hell should I care if an Iraqi is assasinated??? :eek:

[QUOTE]I thought that laptop was recovered in February. Am I wrong on that? If that's the case then it WAS kept a secret for a while.[/QUOTE]

That's too pbvious for him to realize...or at least admit...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]

That's too pbvious for him to realize...or at least admit...[/QUOTE]

But is that true? I don't want to spread any rumors. I just thought I heard that as part of the report.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]This is part-n-parcel with a prediction I maxde several weeks ago which was as Iraq moves closer to freedom and self-control it will be the Iraqi's who turn in the insurgents, which is what happened here... :yes:

then of course I will use the bitonti way of thinking about the Khidawi assasination...why the hell should I care if an Iraqi is assasinated??? :eek:

That's too pbvious for him to realize...or at least admit...[/QUOTE]

CBNY this conflict is in some ways just like the draft - informed opinions are a dime a dozen but HISTORY will be the ultimate judge. The proof is in the pudding. You can call me stupid or whatever because I don't agree with you but make no mistake as the years go by there will be no hiding from the harsh light of judgment. The TRUTH will present itself and one side will be dead wrong the other will be dead right - I know your position on the subject and you know mine... let's see who was right and who was wrong, shall we?

of course maybe this is asking too much after all you guys still think we won Vietnam :huh:

[QUOTE=bitonti]CBNY this conflict is in some ways just like the draft - informed opinions are a dime a dozen but HISTORY will be the ultimate judge. The proof is in the pudding. You can call me stupid or whatever because I don't agree with you but make no mistake as the years go by there will be no hiding from the harsh light of judgment. The TRUTH will present itself and one side will be dead wrong the other will be dead right - I know your position on the subject and you know mine... let's see who was right and who was wrong, shall we?

of course maybe this is asking too much after all you guys still think we won Vietnam :huh:[/QUOTE]

LOL! WHO thinks we won Vietnam?!?!?!
    As far as i've seen, no one's called you stupid. I certainly haven't. We may not agree all the time... or even a lot of the time, but that doesn't mean I haven't respected your opinions.
    I don't think, though, that this is as black and white as you make it. You think someone will be dead right and dead wrong? I think it's always going to be a grey haze.

[QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]LOL! WHO thinks we won Vietnam?!?!?!
    [/QUOTE]

back on the invision board i ran a very simple poll: did the US win or lose vietnam - well over half of the responses said we WON. Upon questioning the posters with these opinions said things like "well we would have won if it wasn't for Kerry and Fonda" but regardless they still voted that the USA won.

that's the mentality of many Iraq war supporters in this forum. Regardless of the outcome we will have "won" the Iraq war because that's what they want to believe. you might believe there is a place for gray between black and white but trust me when i say you are in the minority. For most people here there isn't even black - when it comes to GOP sanctioned actions there is only WHITE. You thought the pope was infallible, well this dude doesn't have jack squat on Dubya. George Bush could pee on the backs of the American people and we would remark on the rain.
    Last edited by bitonti; 04-27-2005 at 05:55 PM.

[QUOTE=bitonti]back on the invision board i ran a very simple poll: did the US win or lose vietnam - well over half of the responses said we WON. Upon questioning the posters with these opinions said things like "well we would have won if it wasn't for Kerry and Fonda" but regardless they still voted that the USA won.

that's the mentality of many Iraq war supporters in this forum. Regardless of the outcome we will have "won" the Iraq war because that's what they want to believe.[/QUOTE]

OK, well THAT'S just plain crazy talk! We CLEARLY didn't win Vietnam. We ran our butts out of there as fast as we could in a panic. Anyone who doesn't see that is just GROSSLY misinformed. I don't liken the two conflicts, though. Oh, and much as I find Kerry and Fonda dispicable, I can't blame the outcome of a war on them. Kerry and Fonda would like to THINK they could have enough power to determine the outcome of a war, but the reality is they don't. That so many people here think we won is truly sad. How is it possible for them to not know American history... hell, Vietnam was recent enough to remember!

[QUOTE=bitonti]yeh well i must have missed when Al zawari's laptop was featured in the deck of 52 most wanted people. maybe there's a deck of 52 most wanted inanimate objects? Bin Ladin's teddy bear is the ace of spades right?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but all political views aside, THIS was a damn funny post. Nice one Bit.

:D :D :D

[QUOTE=Warfish]I'm sorry, but all political views aside, THIS was a damn funny post. Nice one Bit.

:D :D :D[/QUOTE]

It cracked me the hell up, actually... and it was written to ME.