Thread: A Message From Gen. Patton's Ghost

A Message From Gen. Patton's Ghost

Or maybe George C Scott's ghost..

[URL=http://www.endglobalterror.org/media/patton/patton.htm]Click Here[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

ahh...to have someone do this in Mecca-

[IMG]http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/images/pattonmarkingterritory.jpg[/IMG]

General Patton was a great man that served in a great war - the last REAL war, declared by an act of congress.

The assumption of that flash presentation is that the goal of this war is to kill all muslims - or something like that - the reality is much murkier -

I guaruntee that George Patton would have a tough time sitting by his guns, babysitting Iraqis, building schools and police stations, only to watch these people car bomb each other into oblivion day after day. If you are a student of history you can admit that this isn't a war George Patton would have enjoyed.

[QUOTE=bitonti]General Patton was a great man that served in a great war - the last REAL war, declared by an act of congress.

The assumption of that flash presentation is that the goal of this war is to kill all muslims - or something like that - the reality is much murkier -

I guaruntee that George Patton would have a tough time sitting by his guns, babysitting Iraqis, building schools and police stations, only to watch these people car bomb each other into oblivion day after day. If you are a student of history you can admit that this isn't a war George Patton would have enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

I can guarantee you THIS... NO ONE is "enjoying" this war.

[QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]I can guarantee you THIS... NO ONE is "enjoying" this war.[/QUOTE]

you talk about it like it was inevitable - WWII was inevitable - we chose to go to Iraq -

Patton would hate this war - it doesn't have a palatable goal, it doesn't have an exit strategy - in fact it goes against everything this man stood for. Going 110% after a goal... whether it be Hitler in Berlin or Hirohito in Japan -

this war would be a disgrace in the eyes of George Patton - the last thing this guy wants to do is rebuild - the last thing this guy wants to do is worry about public perception - and the last thing this guy wants to do is have US troops exposed to urban guerilla warfare without overwhelming force and proper equipment.

could you imagine George Bush telling Patton to just occupy a country and take potshots while the magic of MTV, Hershey bars and Malboro Reds appease the insurgents? outside of sporatic operations, that's exactly what our troops are doing over there - 150,000 human shields for middle eastern terrorism.

[QUOTE=bitonti]you talk about it like it was inevitable - WWII was inevitable - we chose to go to Iraq -

Patton would hate this war - it doesn't have a palatable goal, it doesn't have an exit strategy - in fact it goes against everything this man stood for. Going 110% after a goal... whether it be Hitler in Berlin or Hirohito in Japan -

this war would be a disgrace in the eyes of George Patton - the last thing this guy wants to do is rebuild - the last thing this guy wants to do is worry about public perception - and the last thing this guy wants to do is have US troops exposed to urban guerilla warfare without overwhelming force and proper equipment.

could you imagine George Bush telling Patton to just occupy a country and take potshots while the magic of MTV, Hershey bars and Malboro Reds appease the insurgents? outside of sporatic operations, that's exactly what our troops are doing over there - 150,000 human shields for middle eastern terrorism.[/QUOTE]

RELAX! I wasn't saying anything about your or my views on the war. Actually, it sounds as though you may have some respect for Patton. I was merely saying that you implied that Patton or anyone else actually ENJOYED(S) war.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bitonti]you talk about it like it was inevitable - WWII was inevitable - we chose to go to Iraq -

could you imagine George Bush telling Patton to just occupy a country and take potshots while the magic of MTV, Hershey bars and Malboro Reds appease the insurgents? outside of sporatic operations, that's exactly what our troops are doing over there - 150,000 human shields for middle eastern terrorism.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true, Bit. Your making an assumption that Patton was opposed to rebuilding countries, yet you can't make that assumption because you don't know what kind of a role Patton would have had militarily in post-war Europe. Patton died by car accident before the war ended. He could have been a big part of the rebuilding effort militarily especially considering the actions of the Soviet Union, who I might add, he suggested we attack after WWII.

BTW, given Patton's complete lack of respect for dictators like Hitler and Moussolini, I dont' necessarily think he was going to be opposed to taking out another one.

[QUOTE=Mavrik]

BTW, given Patton's complete lack of respect for dictators like Hitler and Moussolini, I dont' necessarily think he was going to be opposed to taking out another one.[/QUOTE]

Great point.

my instinct is that Patton would have alot more usefulness taking out a dictator - rebuilding would have been a serious change in philosophy for him - would he have been capable of a switch if he was so ordered? yes, however he may have been about as useful as a bear trap in a hospital in that role. The man was a great warrior, a destroyer - not a rebuilder.