Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How stupid can the liberal media be??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]:[/QUOTE]

each time you put the BLAH BLAH icon those are DIRECT QUOTES from Coultier - DIRECT QUOTES from the horses mouth.

so if you are saying that everything out of this woman's mouth is pure crap then yeah i agree with you. Nice of you to admit that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hairy armpits too. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit read this.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/zine/crapshoot/coulter.html[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ShadeTree#55]Hairy armpits too. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Of course! ALL female Dead Heads have hairy armpits. They also all wear petruli oil and drive classic VW buses. Oddly enough they're all also liberal with one exception. That must be it... only acid could possibly make a Dead Head a conservative Republican. Bit, I'll say it again... you would not be making similar statements if we were to discuss racial profiling.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]cmon... let's be real

there's a difference between "listening to music" and dropping out of society to follow a band around the country for years.

this woman didn't go to one dead show - she went to many consecutive shows. These are shows dominated by free-form jam-band/jazz expressions - half an hour can go by without a single lyric sung.

oh no but all of a sudden I'm the one making broad generalizations - cmon - use your heads - you follow the dead around for a while you are gonna do acid - probably not in moderation either.

they say stereotypes are based in truth -in my experience the stereotype of a jam-band groupie is one pretty dead-on (note again im not talking about a mere enthusiast - im talking about people that go on the road with the band following them from town to town, catching every show - there is a BIG difference)[/QUOTE]

Yep, you nailed it. You are an ignorant fool. You know nothing of the music or the scene or the poeple, only the lame sterotypes you've seen on Simpsons reruns and Sitcoms. Good for you.

Let me guess Bit, you're a big Gangsta Rap guy right. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ShadeTree#55]Bit read this.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/zine/crapshoot/coulter.html[/url][/QUOTE]

LOL @ 37 to 67. They couldn't narrow the number of shows down that she's been to?
    I've been to more shows than both of those numbers and I haven't dropped acid yet. I guess I can't be generalized by Bit.
    Bit, you only criticize free form jazz and jam band music without lyrics for a half an hour because you don't understand it. That's a shame.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Yep, you nailed it. You are an ignorant fool. You know nothing of the music or the scene or the poeple, only the lame sterotypes you've seen on Simpsons reruns and Sitcoms. Good for you.

Let me guess Bit, you're a big Gangsta Rap guy right. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually fish i've had many friends into the jam band scene - i've saw the dead in 94 at the colliseum, phish many times and even the phil lesh band as recently as two summers ago - most of this was through friends who i played lacrosse with on Long Island (probably the crunchiest hippiest sport this side of ultimate frisbee) - oh not only that but I almost went to Wesleyan after visiting many times - you really gonna sit there and tell me that the people who FOLLOW the band from town to town are bone sober?

what do you think i fell off the turnip truck?

by the way if you look closely nowhere did I negatively judge the drug use of Coulter, only want to put her comments into perspective... especially for fans of her "writing."
    Last edited by bitonti; 04-18-2005 at 03:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]
    Bit, you only criticize free form jazz and jam band music without lyrics for a half an hour because you don't understand it. That's a shame.[/QUOTE]

hey - How many versions of Coltrane's OM on vinyl do YOU own?

anyone who follows a jam band for 37-67 shows without ever doing acid or shrooms or whatever - even my accident - is either a huge poser or flat out lying.

most likely this person has tripped many times.
    Last edited by bitonti; 04-18-2005 at 02:59 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]hey - How many versions of Coltrane's OM on vinyl do YOU own?

anyone who follows a jam band for 37-67 shows without ever doing acid or shrooms or whatever - even my accident - is either a huge poser or flat out lying.

most likely this person has tripped many times.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I DO own OM as well as A Love Supreme and a bunch of other jazz records, but that's beside the point. I'm not a liar and I'm not posing as anything. I have never tripped. I don't do it. I stil enjoyed seeing the band and yes, seeing them over and over again. I'm not sure what YOUR point on this was. I still say you're happy to generalize when it helps out your point of view.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]hey - How many versions of Coltrane's OM on vinyl do YOU own?

most likely this person has tripped many times.[/QUOTE]

So, now I am a liar too? Jeez bit, what's next? :rolleyes:

Look, I don't like her any more than you do, but THIS is simply not a legit line of criticism, period.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]each time you put the BLAH BLAH icon those are DIRECT QUOTES from Coultier - DIRECT QUOTES from the horses mouth.

so if you are saying that everything out of this woman's mouth is pure crap then yeah i agree with you. Nice of you to admit that.[/QUOTE]

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enrique or Warfish did you ever drop out of society and follow the band from town to town? i said from the beginning im not talking about people that like to see the show im talking about the heads that have no purpose in life than to sell enough trinckets during the day to buy their tickets and drugs for the next show.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]Enrique or Warfish did you ever drop out of society and follow the band from town to town? i said from the beginning im not talking about people that like to see the show im talking about the heads that have no purpose in life than to sell enough trinckets during the day to buy their tickets and drugs for the next show.[/QUOTE]

No, I can't say I dropped out of society, but I'd see them for 10-15 straight nights at Radio City or the Garden before looking for tickets to Phili, DC, upstate NY, or Boston.
    There were people that seemed to have dropped out of society as you say, but I'm not about to make the assumption that they were all lowlifes with drug addiction issues. Maybe they weren't as ambitious as I was, but I can't say anything more than that. I just didn't have the same lifestyle as they did.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    note i never said that drug use makes anyone a low life

all im saying is that there is a difference between liking the dead and FOLLOWING the dead - when you like the dead yeah you can go to one show, two shows, ten shows - but sooner or later there's someplace you gotta get back to... when a person follows the dead on the other hand, i don't think it's too big of an assumption to say these people are into some heavy stuff when the opportunity presents itself.

again i don't say this to marginalize all drug users as evil (that's the job of the GOP not me) i do this to illustrate a point to the die hard fans of Ann Coulter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]ok yeah that's my bad - obviously if you drop out of society and follow the grateful dead around for three years she did so dead sober and without the enjoyment of any hallucinagens. Obviously you have to be dead sober to enjoy the same concert a couple hundred times. That's obvious.

Ann Coulter is horrible - if you like her or agree with her? congrats you are just as bad as anyone who supports Michael Moore. You support a hack.[/QUOTE]

I've been to enough shows to know that while hallucinagens were prevalent, it was very far from unanimous in its use.

I see how she dropped out of society- she is on TV and has sold millions of books, because people appreciate her poitical and social satire.

There are very few conservative political satirists, and she is good at what she does. You probably never read any of her books, and have not been to any Dead shows either, am I correct?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]You probably never read any of her books, and have not been to any Dead shows either, am I correct?[/QUOTE]

read the thread i went to one to a stop of one of their last tours in 94

as for Coultier im sorry but i don't read much that is new. Im re-reading Victor Borges Labrynths right now - if its not non-fiction and not a classic im really not interested.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You went to one show? And based on that you form such obtuse opinions?

Did you take LSD at the show?
    Drop out of society?
    Guess your views are nothing more than that of a hack. Oh, I see.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this woman is walking contradiction, whatever the reason she uses to support her views is the same reason she uses to hate liberals. she also uses hate filled derogatory terms against jews and muslims(which is proably why you like her so much sackdance). i once watched a debate with her in which she told a muslim university student who asked her a question "isn't time for you to go blow up another building". if you agree with this woman and think highly the you might as well join the kkk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]I've been to more shows than both of those numbers and I haven't dropped acid yet. I guess I can't be generalized by Bit.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and that includes going to a few consecutive cities with my wife to see shows. She wasnt a Dead Head- she did it cause I wanted to.

We spent the days in different cities sightseeing and going to museums (and saw a lot of tye-died around doing the same) and went to the shows at night.

I still buy some DVDs and CDs of shows and dont need to drop acid to enjoy the music.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=the vilmanator]this woman is walking contradiction, whatever the reason she uses to support her views is the same reason she uses to hate liberals. she also uses hate filled derogatory terms against jews and muslims(which is proably why you like her so much sackdance). i once watched a debate with her in which she told a muslim university student who asked her a question "isn't time for you to go blow up another building". if you agree with this woman and think highly the you might as well join the kkk.[/QUOTE]

put the shoe on the other foot and you get:

[IMG]http://www.dynamictruth.com/enemies/garo2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.newsmax.com/weasels/images/7-hearts.gif[/IMG]

or