Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How stupid can the liberal media be??

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]put the shoe on the other foot and you get:

[IMG]http://www.dynamictruth.com/enemies/garo2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.newsmax.com/weasels/images/7-hearts.gif[/IMG]

or[/QUOTE]

hey don't worry i hate that stupid feminazi just as much as conservatives. nothing pisses me off than a celebrity who has know idea what they're and when to shut their mouth.

[QUOTE=Jetcane]You went to one show? And based on that you form such obtuse opinions?

Did you take LSD at the show?
    Drop out of society?
    Guess your views are nothing more than that of a hack. Oh, I see.[/QUOTE]

ok so i guess either EVERYONE on the shows are on ACID or NO ONE was - right?

the truth is in the middle. Acid is tough to get all the time maybe the drug of choice was mesc or shrooms or laughing gas etc. etc.

bottom line neither you nor Enrique P really FOLLOWED the dead - a couple shows is not the same as touring with the band - those that actually tour with the group, that's where the heavy drug users are - coulter was one of these people, and i can't imagine she made it through 30-60 straight dates on the road without using hallucinagens, perhaps habitually.

the priorities of these people are much different than the priorities of those that just see a couple shows - and that includes you, warfish and enrique P - none of you guys dropped out of society - ann coulter did and that's the difference. Who knows what she did? she probably doesn't even know...

if you don't agree with that statement tell me why - it would be more productive than making this about you versus me and vice versa -

as for me being a hack im just a guinea on a message board posting from the gut - not trying to sell books or be some sort of political force - i can't be a hack because im not exposed at that level. also i don't particularly care if Coulter used drugs - but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I've been to about 80 shows or so, and I can honestly say the drug of choice for the overwhelming majority was weed. As soon as the lights went down, the huge cloud of smoke rose. It was pretty funny.

Of course I have seen people tripping at shows, and drunk, and on speed, quaaludes, the whole spectrum.

Have you seen people who never really got out of the drug culture? They cant hold a good conversation, much less a good job, much less write books with a sharpened wit that millions buy.

So, whatever she did, it was obviously a phase she grew out of, and her mental faculties remain intact, whether you agree with her views or not.

Disparaging her because she was a Deadhead is weak.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetcane]I've been to about 80 shows or so, and I can honestly say the drug of choice for the overwhelming majority was weed. As soon as the lights went down, the huge cloud of smoke rose. It was pretty funny.
    [/QUOTE]

And so it was for every big rock band of the 70's...acid was the scene of the 60's (and yes, bit- before you start whining I know the Dead were around in the 60's but never was as big as they were in the 70's)...

[QUOTE=the vilmanator]this woman is walking contradiction, whatever the reason she uses to support her views is the same reason she uses to hate liberals. she also uses hate filled derogatory terms against jews and muslims(which is proably why you like her so much sackdance). i once watched a debate with her in which she told a muslim university student who asked her a question "isn't time for you to go blow up another building". if you agree with this woman and think highly the you might as well join the kkk.[/QUOTE]
    I like her because she is an entertaining writer. You seem to have read about her, but not her columns. It's funny, but you also seem to think I'm full of hate and equate me with a KKK recruit. I guess you don't read much of what I write, either.

I've seen her on tv a few times. She is like alot of people that get a bit of notoriety in this world. She preaches to the converted. Radical commentators on either side of the fence rarely seem to bring out anything new or worthy of good discussion. They say things and write things that they know they will get a pat on the back for by the radical side they support and annoy the radical side they oppose. Like the ever growing list of polarized partisans on the political map, the party she supports can do no wrong under any circumstance and the party she opposed can do no right. Democracy and accountability of governments and parties suffers greatly as a result.

[QUOTE=Beerfish] Democracy and accountability of governments and parties suffers greatly as a result.[/QUOTE]
    Listen to you! Just lemme know when she's wrong. She's a columnist, for Pete's sake! She must be doing it right because she's got the left petrified. Still, no word on her being wrong, she's just hateful and acid-punched instead. Yeah, right. Jeez, I'm a target for even giving her props. Read her damn articles and comment on them, or shut up!

Jets Insider VIP
    If nothing else, Ann Coulter serves as yin-yang balancer to all the nuts on the Left. I enjoy her stuff; she knows how to lay the smack down. :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish]I've seen her on tv a few times. She is like alot of people that get a bit of notoriety in this world. She preaches to the converted. Radical commentators on either side of the fence rarely seem to bring out anything new or worthy of good discussion. They say things and write things that they know they will get a pat on the back for by the radical side they support and annoy the radical side they oppose. Like the ever growing list of polarized partisans on the political map, the party she supports can do no wrong under any circumstance and the party she opposed can do no right. Democracy and accountability of governments and parties suffers greatly as a result.[/QUOTE]

Aside from your last sentence, this post is right on.

[QUOTE=bitonti]ok so i guess either EVERYONE on the shows are on ACID or NO ONE was - right?

the truth is in the middle.
    bottom line neither you nor Enrique P really FOLLOWED the dead - a couple shows is not the same as touring with the band - those that actually tour with the group, that's where the heavy drug users are - coulter was one of these people, and i can't imagine she made it through 30-60 straight dates on the road without using hallucinagens, perhaps habitually.

the priorities of these people are much different than the priorities of those that just see a couple shows - and that includes you, warfish and enrique P - none of you guys dropped out of society - ann coulter did and that's the difference. Who knows what she did? she probably doesn't even know...

if you don't agree with that statement tell me why - it would be more productive than making this about you versus me and vice versa -
    [/QUOTE]

All I've been saying all along, Bit is that you have made a HUGE generalization in assuming that all or nearly all Deadheads that "followed" the Dead were dependant on drugs. It has little to do with whether I agree or disagree with your statement. I'm just surprised that YOU made it. If any conservative on here EVER made a similar generalization (racial profiling) you and a lot of others would be all up in arms about it.

All League
    Can we all atleast agree that anyone who sees a band 30-60 times, no matter what band, is a loser?

[QUOTE=Section109Row15]Can we all atleast agree that anyone who sees a band 30-60 times, no matter what band, is a loser?[/QUOTE]

LOL!
    no.
    We can assume that someone who doesn't understand why someone would go to that many shows is simply someone that doesn't understand the music.

All League
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]LOL!
    no.
    We can assume that someone who doesn't understand why someone would go to that many shows is simply someone that doesn't understand the music.[/QUOTE]

I've seen several bands more than once, some 4-5 times, but come on 30-60 times?

[QUOTE=Section109Row15]Can we all atleast agree that anyone who sees a band 30-60 times, no matter what band, is a loser?[/QUOTE]

No, LOL, but we all agree that someone who doesnt think abortion is a form of birth control is a loser.

And yes, she is very good at laying down the smack.

Hall Of Fame

I agree 100%. I have had friends who obssessed over the Dead. I just don't get it - I think their music is awful, just awful.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Aside from your last sentence, this post is right on.[/QUOTE]
    "There are a lot of bad Republicans and no good Democrats." - Ann Coulter.

I'd not have known this quote (as close to verbatim as memory allows), but Bitonti posted it within his Coulter-the-Hack-Attack.

Now, jets5's 'right on' flies in the face of Ann's direct words and the "party she supports can do no wrong." Evidently, she finds much fault with Republicans, too. (Nothing new to those who read her)

But you, I'm getting peeved here so excuse me, s***heads won't stop denigrating someone you don't read.

Now here comes another (condensed) quote for you, apt as ever:

"There is no bar to knowledge greater than contempt prior to examination."
    - Herbert Spencer

Ann Coulter is a columnist, not the antichrist. The best part, for me to observe, is that her more widely known detractors make points every bit as tepid as the ones used on this board in attempts to defame her.

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance]"There are a lot of bad Republicans and no good Democrats." - Ann Coulter.

I'd not have known this quote (as close to verbatim as memory allows), but Bitonti posted it within his Coulter-the-Hack-Attack.

Now, jets5's 'right on' flies in the face of Ann's direct words and the "party she supports can do no wrong." Evidently, she finds much fault with Republicans, too. (Nothing new to those who read her)

But you, I'm getting peeved here so excuse me, s***heads won't stop denigrating someone you don't read.

Now here comes another (condensed) quote for you, apt as ever:

"There is no bar to knowledge greater than contempt prior to examination."
    - Herbert Spencer

Ann Coulter is a columnist, not the antichrist. The best part, for me to observe, is that her more widely known detractors make points every bit as tepid as the ones used on this board in attempts to defame her.[/QUOTE]

I respect Ann Coultier, I just never seem to agree with anything she says. I've heard her many times say that women should have never been allowed to vote and should remain housewives.

LOL.

Let's also hope that of any the bands we've seen, we don't answer "30-60 times" in response to being asked how many times we've seen a particular band. That allowed margin of error suggests acid, men in dresses, and months of patchouli. Maybe a golden lab named Marley and a not so finely groomed girlfriend, too.

[QUOTE=Section109Row15]I respect Ann Coultier, I just never seem to agree with anything she says. I've heard her many times say that women should have never been allowed to vote and should remain housewives.[/QUOTE]
    Context. She rails against women who supported Clinton, etc. She says nothing that no one doesn't know, but has a flair to get noticed.

I don't care for the majority of red-meat righties and no red-meat lefties. But, to call Coulter caustic and funny would be accurate - and that's why I'll read her. She can also harp on a point to where she absolutely decimates her target. I'm left thinking, "how unsporting is this?" When she's done, she leaves no room for debate and this angers people, perhaps rightly. More importantly, she drags things up for attention that her targets would rather have gone unnoticed. And that, I think, is what it's all about.

[QUOTE=jets5ever] I just don't get it[/QUOTE]

Apparently you don't.

Do you realize there are millions of people that dont understand why people would go to dozens of football games or baseball games, or staring at art in museums, or eating in the same restaurant time after time?

I have no problem with people indulging themselves in what they like to do, and dont make judgments about them because their interests are different than mine.

I have no problem with those who have seasons tickets to the ballet or the opera either, although it is not something I would enjoy.