Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How stupid can the liberal media be??

All League
    MAUDE: Tell me a little about yourself, Jeffrey.

DUDE: Well, uh. . . Not much to tell.

A match is dragged across a headboard; the Dude is lighting
    himself a joint. He shakes the match out to restore blackness
    except for the glowing tip of the joint.

DUDE:
    I was, uh, one of the authors of the
    Port Huron Statement.--The original
    Port Huron Statement.

MAUDE: Uh-huh.

DUDE: Not the compromised second draft. And then I, uh. . . Ever hear of the Seattle Seven?

MAUDE: Mmnun.

Click--the Dude turns on a bedside lamp. He and Maude lie
    next to each other in bed.

DUDE: And then. . . let's see, I uh--music business briefly.

MAUDE: Oh?

DUDE: Yeah. Roadie for Metallica. Speed of Sound Tour.

MAUDE: Uh-huh.

DUDE: Bunch of *******s. And then, you know, little of this, little of that. My career's, uh, slowed down a bit lately.

MAUDE: What do you do for fun?

DUDE: Oh, you know, the usual. Bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]Apparently you don't.

Do you realize there are millions of people that dont understand why people would go to dozens of football games or baseball games, or staring at art in museums, or eating in the same restaurant time after time?

I have no problem with people indulging themselves in what they like to do, and dont make judgments about them because their interests are different than mine.

I have no problem with those who have seasons tickets to the ballet or the opera either, although it is not something I would enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Lighten up, boss....jeez.

Okay, bro.

:)

Actually I was a little surprised seeing that post from you. (Not so from Section 109)

ROTFL

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Lighten up, boss....jeez.[/QUOTE]

Screw that Jets5, he is EXACTLY right and you know it. You and bit and others here are crappin on die-hard music fans, yet look where YOU (and I) hang out all day, on a FOOTBALL TEAM message board.

Pot, this is kettle....kettle, this is Pot. Calling a Music fan a "loser" because he's been to 30 or however many shows is rediculous, in EVERY possible way.

Again, I laugh because I bet a bunch of the critics here are either hard core rap fans or punk/indie fans. And your likely just angry and bitter because neither Rap Acts or Punk/Indie acts ever last more than an album or three. You'll never get a chance to see one of them 30 times, LOL! Especially the inide fans, who ALWAYS think they are cooler than everyone else becuase they "found" the next small band.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Screw that Jets5, he is EXACTLY right and you know it. You and bit and others here are crappin on die-hard music fans, yet look where YOU (and I) hang out all day, on a FOOTBALL TEAM message board.

Pot, this is kettle....kettle, this is Pot. Calling a Music fan a "loser" because he's been to 30 or however many shows is rediculous, in EVERY possible way.

Again, I laugh because I bet a bunch of the critics here are either hard core rap fans or punk/indie fans. And your likely just angry and bitter because neither Rap Acts or Punk/Indie acts ever last more than an album or three. You'll never get a chance to see one of them 30 times, LOL! Especially the inide fans, who ALWAYS think they are cooler than everyone else becuase they "found" the next small band.[/QUOTE]

Fisher - the fact that I am a loser has been well-established and is not relevant. Just because I am a loser doesn't mean I cannot identify others as such. Besides, Section was trying to be funny, as was I. Apparently, we both failed miserably, or you guys don't know how to take a friggin joke.

Spending as much time as we do on this site makes us losers. No argument there.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]Okay, bro.

:)

Actually I was a little surprised seeing that post from you. (Not so from Section 109)

ROTFL[/QUOTE]

What does ROTFL mean?

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Fisher - the fact that I am a loser has been well-established and is not relevant. Just because I am a loser doesn't mean I cannot identify others as such. Besides, Section was trying to be funny, as was I. Apparently, we both failed miserably, or you guys don't know how to take a friggin joke.

Spending as much time as we do on this site makes us losers. No argument there.[/QUOTE]

The Hell You Say!!! YOU, my good friend, are NOT a loser. At least not in my opinion.

Now, as to this "funny" concept.....someone will have to look it up on google, as I am unaware of it's meaning.

:D

[QUOTE=Section109Row15]I've seen several bands more than once, some 4-5 times, but come on 30-60 times?[/QUOTE]

At least the Dead are a great band that are somewhat different every time they play. How many Jets games have you gone to? And much as it pains me to say it's always same old same old.

[QUOTE=sackdance]LOL.

Let's also hope that of any the bands we've seen, we don't answer "30-60 times" in response to being asked how many times we've seen a particular band. That allowed margin of error suggests acid, men in dresses, and months of patchouli. Maybe a golden lab named Marley and a not so finely groomed girlfriend, too.[/QUOTE]

LOL margin of error - that's funny as hell sackdance

"yeah i think it was 30 but it may have been 60 "

:eek:

how friggin ripped do you have to be to lose track of 30 shows?

hey maybe we can try for 90? 120? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    I still think the thread title is a trick question.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Context. She rails against women who supported Clinton, etc. She says nothing that no one doesn't know, but has a flair to get noticed.

I don't care for the majority of red-meat righties and no red-meat lefties. But, to call Coulter caustic and funny would be accurate - and that's why I'll read her. She can also harp on a point to where she absolutely decimates her target. I'm left thinking, "how unsporting is this?" When she's done, she leaves no room for debate and this angers people, perhaps rightly. More importantly, she drags things up for attention that her targets would rather have gone unnoticed. And that, I think, is what it's all about.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and it proves my point: she balances out the Lefties that try to end a discussion by saying stuff like "You're just a racist and always will be! I win!". I hate when they do that. :steamin:

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Aside from your last sentence, this post is right on.[/QUOTE]

Let me expound on this a bit, perhaps my terminology was not what it should be as that last sentence perhaps sounded more dramatic than it should have. When people start following parties with a blind faith they don't hold their own party accountable for bad decisions. Thus whatever the party does is right in their eyes (in the eyes of the party). People critical of their policies are obviously from the opposing party. No party or no political system is perfect. By supporting parties and not letting them know when they have done something stupid or counter productive the parties start telling the people how to think. This is *** backwards from how it should be. The people should be telling the politicans how they want them to govern not the other way around. (I am from Canada btw so I have no direct stake in what happens down there.)

People have to get over the thought that if you criticize a party you support that you are a traitor of some kind. It should be perfectly alright for a person to vote Democrat and yet give their own party carp over a bad policy, same thing with republicans. Look at the major issues individually and evaluate them. Tell the party what you want to happen, not visa versa.

There is a saying that goes for both sides. You go far enough to the right and you will meet the same idiots that have on the far left.

I guess that is what makes America great.

ROTFL= rolling on the floor laughing.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish]Let me expound on this a bit, perhaps my terminology was not what it should be as that last sentence perhaps sounded more dramatic than it should have. When people start following parties with a blind faith they don't hold their own party accountable for bad decisions. Thus whatever the party does is right in their eyes (in the eyes of the party). People critical of their policies are obviously from the opposing party. No party or no political system is perfect. By supporting parties and not letting them know when they have done something stupid or counter productive the parties start telling the people how to think. This is *** backwards from how it should be. The people should be telling the politicans how they want them to govern not the other way around. (I am from Canada btw so I have no direct stake in what happens down there.)

People have to get over the thought that if you criticize a party you support that you are a traitor of some kind. It should be perfectly alright for a person to vote Democrat and yet give their own party carp over a bad policy, same thing with republicans. Look at the major issues individually and evaluate them. Tell the party what you want to happen, not visa versa.[/QUOTE]

Great clarification and a great post. You write well and make good points. I agree 100%.
    Last edited by jets5ever; 04-19-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish]Let me expound on this a bit, perhaps my terminology was not what it should be as that last sentence perhaps sounded more dramatic than it should have. When people start following parties with a blind faith they don't hold their own party accountable for bad decisions. Thus whatever the party does is right in their eyes (in the eyes of the party). People critical of their policies are obviously from the opposing party. No party or no political system is perfect. By supporting parties and not letting them know when they have done something stupid or counter productive the parties start telling the people how to think. This is *** backwards from how it should be. The people should be telling the politicans how they want them to govern not the other way around. (I am from Canada btw so I have no direct stake in what happens down there.)

People have to get over the thought that if you criticize a party you support that you are a traitor of some kind. It should be perfectly alright for a person to vote Democrat and yet give their own party carp over a bad policy, same thing with republicans. Look at the major issues individually and evaluate them. Tell the party what you want to happen, not visa versa.[/QUOTE]

In a perfect world - yes. I think group dynamics intrudes (actually steps) on this. As soon as others not of your idealogical persuasion criticize your group, the first urge is to circle the wagons for defense. Any issues you have with the group then become secondary to defending against the outside attack.
    Just look at the interaction of Jets fans and Patsies fans on this site.

I'm not a psychologist, I just play one on the Internet. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[B]UnFreggin Beleivable![/B]

I'm in a deli today, see the Time Magazine with Ann Coulter on the cover and sure enough- in the story they used this picture with a caption that these people were protesting against her!!

[IMG]http://i.timeinc.net/time/covers/1101050425/gallery/photos/photo08.jpg[/IMG]