Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: We have a Pope!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just think it is cool that his [URL=http://ronmexico.kainalopallo.com/]Ron Mexico[/URL] name is "Rock Sudan."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]DE94Abraham
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regen
    Great, they named a former member of the Hitler Youth pope. Nice.

I dont know anything about this guy. Is this a fact? If it indeed is, how much of a choice do you think he had as a child? Do it or die? No[/QUOTE]

Sure he was only 14 at the time, but plenty of Germans didn't join the Hitler Youth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen]Sure he was only 14 at the time, but plenty of Germans didn't join the Hitler Youth.[/QUOTE]

Wow, judging somebody based on what they did when they were 14 over 6 decades ago...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Nice one Booze, nice one.[/QUOTE]
    Wow, arguments over religion? Thats not supposed to happen..........maybe you guys should go to war!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]BergenJet
    Quote:
    Sure he was only 14 at the time, but plenty of Germans didn't join the Hitler Youth.

Wow, judging somebody based on what they did when they were 14 over 6 decades ago...[/QUOTE]

Dude- you're talking Hitler Youth, not that he smoked a little grass. And if you were in the Hitler Youth, I think it's disturbing. He could've taken a pass, but he didn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen] He could've taken a pass, but he didn't.[/QUOTE]

And you know this for certain because you have created a time travel and/or mind reading device, I assume?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen]Dude- you're talking Hitler Youth, not that he smoked a little grass. And if you were in the Hitler Youth, I think it's disturbing. He could've taken a pass, but he didn't.[/QUOTE]

Of course- with all the inroads the Catholic church has made the past 26 years building bridges with other religions it is now part of their agenda to burn those bridges....makes lots of sense regen.

Of course there were detractors of Pope John Paul II who claimed he helped the Nazi's in the holocaust so this sort of logic should not be surprising.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]And you know this for certain because you have created a time travel and/or mind reading device, I assume?[/QUOTE]

The only Religion the Left likes is named Rev Jackson and Sharpton!! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=savage69]The only Religion the Left likes is named Rev Jackson and Sharpton!! :yes:[/QUOTE]

:-D I needed the laugh buddy ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=savage69]The only Religion the Left likes is named Rev Jackson and Sharpton!! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget...

[IMG]http://www.messengerpuppet.com/bert-jonestown-poison_vat.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO POPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was his 40 time?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Come Back to NY
    Quote:
    Dude- you're talking Hitler Youth, not that he smoked a little grass. And if you were in the Hitler Youth, I think it's disturbing. He could've taken a pass, but he didn't.

Of course- with all the inroads the Catholic church has made the past 26 years building bridges with other religions it is now part of their agenda to burn those bridges....makes lots of sense regen.

Of course there were detractors of Pope John Paul II who claimed he helped the Nazi's in the holocaust so this sort of logic should not be surprising.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's undeniable the Catholic Church aided the Nazis through their inaction, and Catholic right-wingers helped hide prominent Nazis after the war, and Ratzinger did belong to the Hitler Youth.

How any of that relates to the Democratic party escapes me, unless you're Monsignor Bill Frist....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen]Well, it's undeniable the Catholic Church aided the Nazis through their inaction, and Catholic right-wingers helped hide prominent Nazis after the war, and Ratzinger did belong to the Hitler Youth.

How any of that relates to the Democratic party escapes me, unless you're Monsignor Bill Frist....[/QUOTE]

You need to let go of some of your anger...

Do you realize that the Nazis killed Catholics too?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen]Dude- you're talking Hitler Youth, not that he smoked a little grass. And if you were in the Hitler Youth, I think it's disturbing. He could've taken a pass, but he didn't.[/QUOTE]

Well, let's decipher the difference here...

U.S. during Vietnam: [I]"Make love, not war - smoke grass, not the Vietcong."[/I]

Nazi Germany during WWII: [I]"Join us or we kill your family."[/I]

I think that there's just a smidgen of a difference.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]What was his 40 time?[/QUOTE]

he ran a 4.3 fourty and according to green jets and ham he's gonna be the best reciver in the game and dominate for many years to come

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know ... heard his wonderlic was off the chart though (or is that vunderlik)

[QUOTE=Jetcane]What was his 40 time?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=the vilmanator]he ran a 4.3 fourty and according to green jets and ham he's gonna be the best reciver in the game and dominate for many years to come[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he's a bit of a tweener. A Cardinal/Priest. He's got big shoes to fill. Not going to be an easy transition for him. It's like Brian Griese following John Elway.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Piper
    Quote:
    Well, it's undeniable the Catholic Church aided the Nazis through their inaction, and Catholic right-wingers helped hide prominent Nazis after the war, and Ratzinger did belong to the Hitler Youth.

How any of that relates to the Democratic party escapes me, unless you're Monsignor Bill Frist....

You need to let go of some of your anger...

Do you realize that the Nazis killed Catholics too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Nazi killed some Catholics, but really they killed Jews, lots and lots of Jews, so for you to to ignore that fact shows either rabid anti-semitism or plain old ignorance. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and call you just ignorant.

And as far as Catholics are concerned, it wasn't until Vatican II in 1968 that anti-semitism was actually renounced as going against church doctrine. Up until then, hating Jews and killing Jews was just fine with the Catholic church. Maybe you'll recall an event called the Inquisition, a body which, BTW, still exists in ther Vatican and up untill today was headed by one Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger. Throw in the Hitler youth thing and you might understand why Jews might not be thrilled he got named pope.

But on to important issues: what's the new pope's position on the stadium?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=YoungJetsFan]Yeah but he's a bit of a tweener. A Cardinal/Priest. He's got big shoes to fill. Not going to be an easy transition for him. It's like Brian Griese following John Elway.[/QUOTE]

He just got a big contract to try and fill those shoes.

I hear he's more old school- three yards and a cloud of incense.