Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop Killer Shows Up In Court With Battered Face

Cop Killer Shows Up In Court With Battered Face

Cop killer shows up in court with a battered face...

Gee what a shame, I feel so sorry for the poor bastard.... :D

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050418/capt.wxs10104181559.detective_killed_wxs101.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by DeanPatsFan; 04-20-2005 at 05:07 PM.

Link refused to work for me.

But without knowledge of the story, your reaction makes me ask if you support the illegal assult (or more) of prisoners yet to found guilty by the Courts?

Judging from your reaction, you're blaming the police without knowing the facts. I don't know the facts on how he got roughed up but, if it happened in police custody, it's not right but I don't feel sorry for POS.

TMahoney
    I heard it was Detective Vic Mackey of the LAPD who roughed him up.

...And then Det. Shane Vendrell peed all over him.

Jets Insider VIP
    yea, I saw this on the news....
    I have a question, I'm not excusing that the guy killed a cop at all...

When we are told not to take the law into our own hands and vigilantism is looked down upon, then IF TRUE how is police roughing up this guy justified? the police took the law into their own hands?

TMahoney
    [QUOTE]yea, I saw this on the news....
    I have a question, I'm not excusing that the guy killed a cop at all...

When we are told not to take the law into our own hands and vigilantism is looked down upon, then IF TRUE how is police roughing up this guy justified? the police took the law into their own hands?[/QUOTE]

For the record I am in full support of vigilantism. We don't have enough of it these days. If you know someone is a criminal or doing something illegal, you should be able to make a citizens arrest. But thats just me.

Though something must be said that there is a difference between a normal citizen performing vigilante acts and an officer of the law performing these acts. Technically the law officer has more of a reason not to considering his job is to hold the law, but then on the other side of the coin the Cops are in a much better position to be vigilantes. They do have the means: information, weapons and backup that normal citizens don't have.

Its a tough call, but when a cop killer shows up like that, I don't think too many people care. Its not like he stole some money or a car, he killed an officer of the law, I couldn't give 2 ****s if they shot him on the spot.

[QUOTE=CarlSpackler]For the record I am in full support of vigilantism. We don't have enough of it these days. If you know someone is a criminal or doing something illegal, you should be able to make a citizens arrest. But thats just me.

Though something must be said that there is a difference between a normal citizen performing vigilante acts and an officer of the law performing these acts. Technically the law officer has more of a reason not to considering his job is to hold the law, but then on the other side of the coin the Cops are in a much better position to be vigilantes. They do have the means: information, weapons and backup that normal citizens don't have.

Its a tough call, but when a cop killer shows up like that, I don't think too many people care. Its not like he stole some money or a car, he killed an officer of the law, I couldn't give 2 ****s if they shot him on the spot.[/QUOTE]
    you can not give people power like that because they don't know how to handle, people would be killed all the time if citzen's arrest were allowed. i don't want some anal old man coming and telling what i can and can't do, the police are paid to do that.

i honestly can't say i feel bad for the guy but most of these cop killings don't go unprovoked(most of the time these guys are unrigthfully beaten). i've been in situations where cops have deliberatley provoked people just so they can get a chance to use their billy club, and after seeing that happen and then finding out the cop got roughed pretty bad and i don't feel bad for the cop at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

too bad he didn't show up with a toe tag. :(

TMahoney
    [QUOTE]you can not give people power like that because they don't know how to handle, people would be killed all the time if citzen's arrest were allowed. i don't want some anal old man coming and telling what i can and can't do, the police are paid to do that.[/QUOTE]

Lemi give you an example:

If there was a crack dealer on the corner of the street corrupting my neighborhood, I would love to go down there with a pair of brass knuckles and kick the **** out of this *******. Not kill him, but let him know that "Hey, not here buddy."

Fear is the product of inaction.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've know a lot of guys on the job, and skels like this almost always bring it on themselves: they're eager to show what badasses they are, resisting arrest, trying to take sucker punches when they're not cuffed, etc. I have no problem looking the other way when they get theirs.

[QUOTE=New England Hick]Cop killer shows up in court with a battered face...

Gee what a shame, I feel so sorry for the poor bastard.... :D

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050418/capt.wxs10104181559.detective_killed_wxs101.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

I don't know allof the facts, but apparently he jumped 30 feet out of a window to try to escape arrest. He had to be pretty messed up from that alone. Than, from what I understand, he "strongly resisted arrest." I'm not saying that excessive force is ok, but under the apparent circumstances I understand why he looks as badly as he does.

[QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]I don't know allof the facts, but apparently he jumped 30 feet out of a window to try to escape arrest. He had to be pretty messed up from that alone. Than, from what I understand, he "strongly resisted arrest." I'm not saying that excessive force is ok, but under the apparent circumstances I understand why he looks as badly as he does.[/QUOTE]

That's my understanding as well. He was being questioned by a cop about a stabbing of a woman, when he took the cop's gun (dont know how exactly) and shot and killed the cop- a 27 year vet from a family of cops.

He then jumped 30 feet to the ground to escape and violently resisted arrest.

Do i think one of the dead cop's buddies took a few extra shots at him? Hmmm...it's possible.

[QUOTE=Jetcane]
    Do i think one of the dead cop's buddies took a few extra shots at him? Hmmm...it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I'm just shaking my heads at all of the police brutality outrage (the antics in the courtroom the other day). Though the cops probably DID take a few (quite a few) extra shots at this guy he did do things that could explain the injuries he sustained regardless.

Thr sadly ironic part is that now the story becomes why the guy has a battered face instead of why he killed the cop.

[QUOTE=Jetcane]Thr sadly ironic part is that now the story becomes why the guy has a battered face instead of why he killed the cop.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Right now he's only battered.

I can't wait until he's extra crispy.

[QUOTE=shakin318]Right now he's only battered.

I can't wait until he's extra crispy.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's a good one Shakin. LOL!

Investigate away...

I would love to make it abundantly clear to the world that not every punk that gets arrested and does everything in their power to escape and get away with their crime is the victim of abuse.

For God's sake this piece of trash was being investigated for murdering an elderly woman...In the process he wrestled with an officer whom he ultimately shot and killed, jumped out a plate glass window and fell 3 stories onto the glass shards he had just created, ran and then put up a violent struggle when apprehended for a second time...

Truly, I'm sorry his face is mashed...perhaps he should have acted like a human being and resisted the urge to commit capital murder, escape and evade, resist arrest and perform other acts that while not illegal are ludicrous (i.e. jumping from 3rd story windows) maybe his precious little face would not have been bloodied

Can we all please just take a step back and honestly look at who is the victim in this case?

"Police Brutality"?! are you f*****ng kidding me?

I know that my complete lack of sympathy for Esteban Carpio in this case puts me in peril of being labeled at best insensitive, and at worst a biggot, but I cannot with my greatest effort generate even a shred of pity for this f****er. True cases of abuse such as Abner Louima have fostered a fertile ground for every young minority to be painted with the "victim" brush...

It's complete bull****...we've completely lost the plot as a society. Police are the [I]good guys[/I]...people who murder, evade, rape, steal, assault..they are the [I]bad guys[/I].

I by no means mean to imply that every cop is a saint, or every suspect guilty as charged...but the facts in this case are pretty clear...no one else was in the room when the officer was killed...no one pulled the trigger to kill the officer or fire into the plate glass window...no one was there to push Carpio out the 30 ft. high window. He is a cop killer...possibly a murderer of an elderly woman too. He showed through his actions that his liberty took precedent in his mind over the life of the officer he killed and anyone else that stood in his way.

Esteban Carpio is [U]not[/U][B] a victim..

Sorry, I just had to vent.

[QUOTE=shakin318]Right now he's only battered.

I can't wait until he's extra crispy.[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!