Thread: hey 5ever: magazine offer

hey 5ever: magazine offer

hey 5ever I have been thinking about the National Review standing offer - what do you think of this...

You buy me the National Review and I read it -

I buy you TWO bi-monthy subscriptions: Mother Jones and Mental Floss.

financially i think these are comparable expenditures, even though the national review is bi-weekly (i think)

thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]hey 5ever I have been thinking about the National Review standing offer - what do you think of this...

You buy me the National Review and I read it -

I buy you TWO bi-monthy subscriptions: Mother Jones and Mental Floss.

financially i think these are comparable expenditures, even though the national review is bi-weekly (i think)

thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Sure, whatever you think - I'll read whatever you suggest...that's the deal. We each have to read them for a year, for balance. NR has a deal now, actually, where it is half-price for gift subscriptions, so it's only like $30 instead of $60. It is a bi-weekly magazine.

PM me the mailing address you prefer and I will set you up. I'll reply with the address I prefer.

BTW - I read your last "economics" post - it was good and thoughtful - clearly you have been reading more and more about things, which is good. I plan to reply, but need more time than I have presently since you brought up several complex topics....

all told you are only going to get 12 issues in a year while i will get 24 but it took me a while to find 12 issues that i wouldn't be embarrassed to make you read - so let's just go with that -

Mother Jones is very serious and liberal (and some would say whiney and negative) but Mental Floss half their stuff isn't even political - i think one balances out the other nicely

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]all told you are only going to get 12 issues in a year while i will get 24 but it took me a while to find 12 issues that i wouldn't be embarrassed to make you read - so let's just go with that -

Mother Jones is very serious and liberal (and some would say whiney and negative) but Mental Floss half their stuff isn't even political - i think one balances out the other nicely[/QUOTE]

I trust your judgment Matt. Whatever you think. Looking forward to it.

I'll PM you....

Hall Of Fame
    pssst! Jets5!

Go [URL=http://www.anncoulter.com]here[/URL] when you're done - it'll get rid of the kooties. ;)

All League
    My brother got me a subscription to Z magazine for x-mas. Its pretty good so far. Any else ever read it? (I had never heard of it before.)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Section109Row15]My brother got me a subscription to Z magazine for x-mas. Its pretty good so far. Any else ever read it? (I had never heard of it before.)[/QUOTE]

No, what's the story?

All League
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]No, what's the story?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, here is their website.

[url="http://zmagsite.zmag.org/curTOC.htm"]http://zmagsite.zmag.org/curTOC.htm[/url]

by the way you aren't getting mental floss you are getting Utne Reader - blame William Buckley!!

[QUOTE=quantum]pssst! Jets5!

Go [URL=http://www.anncoulter.com]here[/URL] when you're done - it'll get rid of the kooties. ;)[/QUOTE]

ok it gets rid of kooties but will it get rid of flashbacks? what about bad trips?

"I have attended between 30 and 800 dead shows - can't remember for certain - but Don't worry cause i was stone cold sober at each one I was at... however many that is"