Thread: Don't you hate when you get a stupid song...

Don't you hate when you get a stupid song...

...that keeps playing in your head? I have that putrid pet shop boys jingle [I]west end girls[/I] only it goes [I]west @ss hole[/I] .

Ok I'm sorry I'll stop :banana:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

actually the original wasn't too bad- I was a DJ as a freshman on my college's progressive rock station (this was 1981- before liberals hijacked the word "progressive") and had to play that song- I also played a lot of Zeppelin which they did not appreciate since they did not consider Zep "progreesive"...

Of course Zeppelin is as progressive today as they were 35 years ago meanwhile none of the "progressive" bands from the 80's are ever heard from!!

I used to have a great Saturday night slot from 9PM-12 and do a Thursday afternoon show from 12-1:30 and would play half-hour long songs from band like Yes (Close to the Edge, Gate of Delirium, anything from Tales of Top Ocean) ELP (Tarkus) and Genesis (Supper's Ready).

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]actually the original wasn't too bad- I was a DJ as a freshman on my college's progressive rock station (this was 1981- before liberals hijacked the word "progressive") and had to play that song- I also played a lot of Zeppelin which they did not appreciate since they did not consider Zep "progreesive"...

Of course Zeppelin is as progressive today as they were 35 years ago meanwhile none of the "progressive" bands from the 80's are ever heard from!!

I used to have a great Saturday night slot from 9PM-12 and do a Thursday afternoon show from 12-1:30 and would play half-hour long songs from band like Yes (Close to the Edge, Gate of Delirium, anything from Tales of Top Ocean) ELP (Tarkus) and Genesis (Supper's Ready).[/QUOTE]

I have to turn you on to Porcupine Tree.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FloFloFloSo]I have to turn you on to Porcupine Tree.[/QUOTE]

I think there are several gay jokes that can be made from this sentence...a more talented person than me can surely write a few, no?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I have a freakin' ABBA song stuck in my head from listening to Mike & Mike this morning :banghead:

[QUOTE=jetswin]I have a freakin' ABBA song stuck in my head from listening to Mike & Mike this morning :banghead:[/QUOTE]

YEAH! Those bastards got me as well this morning. And NOW... thanks much to Floso I can't get rid of Pet Shop Boys. This is a case for the Refused's New Noise. *switches ipod to play selected mind-resetting tune*

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Well- on my way back from the gym I listened to Zeppelin live; The Ocean and Bring it on Home from How the West was Won, as loud as it could go...so I am set till next Monday.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Well- on my way back from the gym I listened to Zeppelin live; The Ocean and Bring it on Home from How the West was Won, as loud as it could go...so I am set till next Monday.[/QUOTE]

Zeppelin's sort of the ultimate "go to"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

ahhh....zeppelin...much better now :dj:

[QUOTE=jets5ever]I think there are several gay jokes that can be made from this sentence...a more talented person than me can surely write a few, no?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say [I]Tower Of Power[/I], I said [I]Porcupine Tree[/I].