Thread: Rumors that Yankees are interested in...

Rumors that Yankees are interested in...

Mike Cameron or Mark Kotsay. Im not a big Cameron fan, but I like Kotsay a lot. I think he would fit in well on the Yankees ball club

I would not be willing to give up the prospects necessary to get Kotsay. I did read that Kotsay has the opportunity to opt out of his contract at the end of the season. If he does, I would love to sign him.

Banned
    The Yankees need young players who are rising stars and doesn't cost that much.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    i agree. i think for the first time ever, we saw the bottom of "The Boss's" wallet this offseason when he did not bid on Beltran, even with a discounted price.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    Which is why we can't trade any prospects away. We've got Wang and Cano. Kevin Thompson has been great in AAA this season and should be called up to replace Woemack. In the lower tiers, we have a number of high level prospects, but they won't be ready for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    i agree. i think for the first time ever, we saw the bottom of "The Boss's" wallet this offseason when he did not bid on Beltran, even with a discounted price.
    Bull****. The Boss got cheap and his "yes" people told him we don't need Beltran or any centerfielder: That Bernie could still play CF. The Boss makes a ton of money on this team and there's no doubt in my mind that he would be willing to pay more money for a player in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Mike Cameron or Mark Kotsay. Im not a big Cameron fan, but I like Kotsay a lot. I think he would fit in well on the Yankees ball club
    I like Kotsay a lot. Scrappy type of player, lots of speed, some pop, excellent defensive OF, with a very good arm. Can be used as a leadoff hitter too. Would be a fine addition, but I'm not sending Wang, Henn, Cano, Duncan, Cabrerra over there for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I like Kotsay a lot. Scrappy type of player, lots of speed, some pop, excellent defensive OF, with a very good arm. Can be used as a leadoff hitter too. Would be a fine addition, but I'm not sending Wang, Henn, Cano, Duncan, Cabrerra over there for him.
    The rumor is now that we are going to send Eric Duncan AND Phillip Hughes for Kotsay. If that happens, I'll be pissed. I can deal with giving up Duncan, but not Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    The rumor is now that we are going to send Eric Duncan AND Phillip Hughes for Kotsay. If that happens, I'll be pissed. I can deal with giving up Duncan, but not Hughes.
    Athletics | Kotsay on Trading Block
    Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:59:04 -0700

The San Francisco Chronicle's John Shea reports the Oakland Athletics are working on a contract extension with OF Mark Kotsay. However, it was reported on ESPN that the New York Yankees were pursuing Kotsay to play centerfield. Prospects P Philip Hughes and 3B Eric Duncan could be headed to Oakland in exchange for Kotsay.

Oakland shot a trade down though.... I think Cashman is gonna wise up and NOT pull the trigger.

Well, we need to do something. Woemack has got to go. JOE, GET HIM THE **** OUT OF THE 2 SPOT!!!! How can anyone defend a manager that is stupid enough to put this joker in the goddamn 2 spot?