Thread: Sean Henn...not good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sean Henn...not good.

Can we please dispense with the ridiculous fantasy that this kid is on the verge of being ready for the bigs...

Granted, zero runs in support isn't going to do much for your confidence, but let's stop deluding ourselves into the idea that this control-meister has a future in the Bronx.

While we're at it, can we please stop believing the myth that Womack is a "pesky" little hitter...he can't hit...plain and simple...he can't hit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Can we please dispense with the ridiculous fantasy that this kid is on the verge of being ready for the bigs...

Granted, zero runs in support isn't going to do much for your confidence, but let's stop deluding ourselves into the idea that this control-meister has a future in the Bronx.

While we're at it, can we please stop believing the myth that Womack is a "pesky" little hitter...he can't hit...plain and simple...he can't hit.
    I don't know a lot about the guy except that hes great in AAA, but when he comes to the bigs he looks like scared dog. Hes 25 years old so hes really no kid. I think he may turn out to be a Ted Lilly type pitcher who is talented, but can't make it in NY. It is too early to give up on him however.

As for Womack; the only reason hes in there is because of Matsui's ankle. I think that once Matsui starts playing the field Torre is going to relinquish his starting job, and the Yankees are going to work hard in an attempt to trade the guy for a bag of peanuts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    I don't know a lot about the guy except that hes great in AAA, but when he comes to the bigs he looks like scared dog. Hes 25 years old so hes really no kid. I think he may turn out to be a Ted Lilly type pitcher who is talented, but can't make it in NY. It is too early to give up on him however.

As for Womack; the only reason hes in there is because of Matsui's ankle. I think that once Matsui starts playing the field Torre is going to relinquish his starting job, and the Yankees are going to work hard in an attempt to trade the guy for a bag of peanuts.

They better be the salted kind...those unsalted ones suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would trade Womack for bus fare to get him whereever he is going.

As for Henn, he shows excellent stuff in the minors. He is 25, but missed nearly 2 full seasons with TJ surgery, so you have to cut him some slack here. I don't know what the issue is with his control, but he seems quite OK in the minors .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There isn't much positive one can say when the guy walks 7 batters in 4 2/3rds innings while only striking out 1. There are only a few words for that: Terrible, pathetic, horrendous, etc. He's got really good numbers in AAA so I thought he would do allright, but obviously I was wrong. It seems to me like it must be nerves and that he was scared to throw the ball over the plate - which when he did, the batters didn't really make him pay.

He kind of reminds me of Alex Graman - a guy that is good in AAA but horrible in the majors in the two outings they both have now had. And both looked like they were scared to throw the ball over the plate.

Personally, I think that he should immediately sent back down and Jorge DePaula should be called up for Saturday's game against the Mets.

As for Woemack, I can understand the reasoning that you want him out there because of his defense. (A defense of Ruben in LF, Bernie in CF, and Sheff in RF is just scary and having Bernie in the outfield at all is also very scary). But, at least bat him 9th!!! I can't believe Clueless continues to put him in the 2nd spot. It's just really, really stupid and it hurts the team.

By the way, once again our OF defense killed us with Sheffield not making that play. That play has to be made and this OF defense has already costed us games, and will continue to cost us games until we get a good defensive centerfielder on this team.
    Last edited by JeffWeaverFan; 06-21-2005 at 03:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree with the Graman comparison for Henn. Henn did not get belted around. Graman got pounded by the White Sox last year, especially in his 2nd start.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I disagree with the Graman comparison for Henn. Henn did not get belted around. Graman got pounded by the White Sox last year, especially in his 2nd start.
    That's true. It looks like Henn will get a 2nd chance so hopefully things will get better against the Mets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid has major control issues......I just hope he snaps out of it because Im going to see him pitch saturday vs the Mets. I dont want him to break my 21 game win streak .