Thread: Lou Pinella is an *******

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Lou Pinella is an *******

I thought it was horrible of him to leave that pitcher(Harper) in that game. That guy's career may be over bc of that inning, and Lou probably did it to punish him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree, disagree and disagree some more. Look at the facts of this. His other choice was Carter who sucked the day before.

Yes, they were down by 2 runs with Jorge coming up with nobody warming up. Then they were down by 4 runs. The Yankees aren't giving up a 4 run lead in the 9th inning and even if you believe they might, by the time another guy got warmed up, it would have been much worse. The fact is Lou did what was best for the team, and that was to not waste another bullpen arm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Disagree, disagree and disagree some more. Look at the facts of this. His other choice was Carter who sucked the day before.

Yes, they were down by 2 runs with Jorge coming up with nobody warming up. Then they were down by 4 runs. The Yankees aren't giving up a 4 run lead in the 9th inning and even if you believe they might, by the time another guy got warmed up, it would have been much worse. The fact is Lou did what was best for the team, and that was to not waste another bullpen arm.
    Weaver the point is that he left the guy out to dry. The DRays could waste as many arms as they want. They are not going to win anything this year, and nobody knows that better then Lou. This guy's career may be over. Do you know how hard it is for him to regain his composure after an inning like that? I know the Yankees use Quantrill as the "throw in the towel pitcher", but Quantrill is old and finished like the Malfunctioned Unit. This guy is young, no reason to leave him out to dry in that situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack;

It's an interesting point you make. I also do not favor leaving in a young guy to absorb a "beating". Especially when all the Yankee were hitting everything "on-the-nose". It was obvious that he had nothing that was fooling anyone.

However, all relief pitchers know that the possibility exists that they will be called upon occasionally to "take-one-for-the-team". Last night was his turn, I guess. In this light, I do not believe that his career was ruined because of the beating he took.

If I'm Lou, I rush the guy out in a day or 2, just to get 1 or 2 batters out, no matter what the game situation is. Just to restore his confidence.