Thread: GM JackTheRipper(how to fix this mess)

GM JackTheRipper(how to fix this mess)

This season is DONE. We need to makes some major changes.

1. Trade Gary Sheffield to Cubs for Corey Patterson and Sergio Mitre- A rumored deal, it would work out great for the Yanks, and help the Cubs as well
    2. Sign A.J Burnett at all costs- Young pitcher with a lot of talent. Will be GREAT with the Yankees

3. Re-Sign Matsui-No brainer

4. Trade Carl Pavano to Astros for Andy Pettite- Not too farfetched. A change of scenery would do them both good.

5. Trade Eric Duncan and Phillip Hughes for Mark Kotsay- After seeing what Bernie did today and I dont care what it costs, we need a CF with a clue

6. Trade Tom Gordan and Tony Womack to Cubs for Todd Wellymeyer

Lineup
    1. Jeter
    2. Kotsay
    3. Arod
    4. Matsui
    5. Posada
    6. Giambi-DH
    7. Patterson-RF
    8. Robinson Cano
    9. Russ Johnson-1b

Rotation
    1. Burnett
    2. Mussina
    3. Pettite
    4. R.J
    5. Mitre

I'm too tired to completely rebut right now, but just a few.

1. Sheff for Patterson and Mitre sucks. Patterson never gets on base and has been a huge dissapointment. Mitre looks allright, but doesn't K enough guys.

2. Why are we giving up our two best prospects for Kotsay when we just traded for a centerfielder? Giving up Hughes AND Duncan for Kotsay is the equivalent of us getting raped.

3. Pavano for Pettitte isn't going to happen.

4. No way the Cubs would accept that trade.

Oh yeah, and why the hell is Russ Johnson on this team of yours? Russ Johnson f*cking sucks. At least put Andy Phillips or Mitch Williams on the team instead of Johnson.

How to fix this team?

Fire Joe Torre. Then fire Mel Stottlemyer. Then trade Tony Woemack for a bag of M&M's. Trade Tom Gordon to Florida, Florida will trade their top prospect to the A's, the A's trade Mark Kotsay to us. If we need to add in antoher prospect, so be it, as long as it is not Duncan or Hughes. Trade RJ + cash to Anaheim for a couple pitching prospects. Sign Burnett and BJ Ryan or Billy Wagner (preferably Ryan) next year. Sign a good defensive rightfielder that can hit at least a bit. Sign another starting pitcher. Get rid of Wright. Get rid of all the old bench players - Tino and Ruben. Consider signing Konerko if you want to spend the money. Bring up Phillips and sign a good bench player.

Team:
    Moose
    Burnett
    Pavano
    Wang
    #5 starting pitcher.

1B: Giambi
    2B: Cano
    SS: Jeter
    3B: A-Rod
    RF: Rightfielder
    CF: Kotsay
    LF: Matsui
    DH: Sheff

Oh yeah, and why the hell is Russ Johnson on this team of yours? Russ Johnson f*cking sucks. At least put Andy Phillips or Mitch Williams on the team instead of Johnson.

Your wrong Weaver, Russ Johnson is actually a pretty good player who can be valuable to a team if used right. Look at Travis Lee. Do you see how he was a cleanup hitter on the Drays? Did you see how good of a glove he has? Was he any use on the Yankees? No, Why? because management thinks that just because a player is random, like Travis Lee or Russ Johnson they aren't good enough to start. Russ Johnson could very well be starting on this team. You want to know why? The guy puts the ball in play. Ive seen this guy play he doensn't strike out a lot and that could be VERY valuable for a #9 hitter.

Russ Johnson reminds me of Scott Brosious. I think he would be a player who's level of play increases with the Yankees rather then decreases. I would have Russ Johnosn as my starting 1b.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan

Team:
    Moose
    Burnett
    Pavano
    Wang
    #5 starting pitcher.

this rotation would not be good at all. if this is what i was going into spring training with id be disappointed.

How to fix this team?

Fire Joe Torre. Then fire Mel Stottlemyer. Then trade Tony Woemack for a bag of M&M's. Trade Tom Gordon to Florida, Florida will trade their top prospect to the A's, the A's trade Mark Kotsay to us. If we need to add in antoher prospect, so be it, as long as it is not Duncan or Hughes. Trade RJ + cash to Anaheim for a couple pitching prospects. Sign Burnett and BJ Ryan or Billy Wagner (preferably Ryan) next year. Sign a good defensive rightfielder that can hit at least a bit. Sign another starting pitcher. Get rid of Wright. Get rid of all the old bench players - Tino and Ruben. Consider signing Konerko if you want to spend the money. Bring up Phillips and sign a good bench player.

Team:
    Moose
    Burnett
    Pavano
    Wang
    #5 starting pitcher.

1B: Giambi
    2B: Cano
    SS: Jeter
    3B: A-Rod
    RF: Rightfielder
    CF: Kotsay
    LF: Matsui
    DH: Sheff
    trade henn and kevin brown for david ortiz and manny ramirez. then trade womack and cash for the bag of M&M's.

Banned
    What the hell has happened to the yankees?

Banned
    Get back Roger Clemens. Trade for Albert Pujols. Get Sammy Sosa. Get Cocoa Crisp. Get Mike Pizza.... I mean Mike Piazza. Get Barry Bonds. And Get Derek Lee. and get Torii Hunter. Aretha Franklin has sung for the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    trade henn and kevin brown for david ortiz and manny ramirez. then trade womack and cash for the bag of M&M's.

lol, you can't be serious about this trade? i'm taking this as sarcasm.

I'm too tired to completely rebut right now, but just a few.

1. Sheff for Patterson and Mitre sucks. Patterson never gets on base and has been a huge dissapointment. Mitre looks allright, but doesn't K enough guys.

2. Why are we giving up our two best prospects for Kotsay when we just traded for a centerfielder? Giving up Hughes AND Duncan for Kotsay is the equivalent of us getting raped.

3. Pavano for Pettitte isn't going to happen.

4. No way the Cubs would accept that trade.

I'm with you. The only one I agree on is #3. Signing Matsui is a no-brainer, and should be a priority this off-season.

Veteran
    Ahhhhh sorry my east Coast friends...i had to come in and gloat a little.....since my guys are turning the AL West into a laugher....even the Chowd Gammons said the Angels are the best team in the AL!!!

F@#K You JoBoo I do it myself!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Your wrong Weaver, Russ Johnson is actually a pretty good player who can be valuable to a team if used right. Look at Travis Lee. Do you see how he was a cleanup hitter on the Drays? Did you see how good of a glove he has? Was he any use on the Yankees? No, Why? because management thinks that just because a player is random, like Travis Lee or Russ Johnson they aren't good enough to start.
    Travis Lee was hurt for the season very early in his Yankee career... He wasn't misused... he wasn't available to be used at all. They released him after year 1 because the 2 mil + option would be ridiculous for a player coming off a lost season.