Thread: Official Subway Series Discussion Thread 6/24-6/26

Veteran

Official Subway Series Discussion Thread 6/24-6/26

Almost time for the first game. Im predicting mets sweep the yankees.
    reasoning:
    game 1. pedro starting
    game 2. henn starting
    game 3. mets riding a 3 game winning streak and yanks riding 4 game losing streak

exciting game. must sting a bit to see beltran make that play in cf against hideki knowing you guys could have had him instead of that old fart RJ.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    exciting game. must sting a bit to see beltran make that play in cf against hideki knowing you guys could have had him instead of that old fart RJ.
    ya, my heart skiped a beat when he stayed on the ground for a couple of seconds. it was one heck of a catch.

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    ya, my heart skiped a beat when he stayed on the ground for a couple of seconds. it was one heck of a catch.

you got that right what a play, YES !!!!!
    Pedro pitched a hell of a game lets see what happens today the Mets need to win this series and play well at shea.....

philly, marlins are next...
    LETS GO METS !!!

Hall Of Fame

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

game 3: Mets vs Randy Johnson.

Hall Of Fame
    Ship, meet iceberg. It's a total disaster!

I think the Mets will win today and it will be good for both teams. The drama in the The Bronx will hit the roof with Steinbrenner and for the Mets, they'll begin a string of 9 intradivision games buoyed by a sweep of the Yanks.

Benson is putting together a decent season. If you watch him, he seems deliberate and prepared, he keeps his cool on the mound. I'd love to see the Mets knock out Randy early. And let's face, the Yankees were knocked out of this season in Kansas City. That's when the theory that Yankees were not a good team became fact. You know, I'm a Mets fan (can you tell?) but even I was pissed about Bernie William's play this series. I don't understand how a guy who knows that he's being watched intently because of poor defense can go out there and not even try. Anyone catch Cameron's tag-up from first? That wasn't a happy accident, that was scouted. Bernie catches pop-up and looks at his girlfriend, or something. I couldn't believe it.

Hall Of Fame
    You gotta love the drama and theatrics of this. I grew up a Yankees fan but after the strike/holdout/whatever I was totally turned off by baseball. Didn't watch, didn't follow it, didn't care.

It was the Yanks/Mets world series in 2000 that pulled me back in. And it was weird, because I found myself pulling for the Mets.

The Yankees pretty much were a microcosym of everything about professional sports that disgusted me and turned me off to it.

Plus, at the time, I was working on a loading dock, and the biggest scumbags, degenerates, backstabbers and criminals were all Yankees fans. I hated them so much that I wanted to see their beloved Yankees lose to the Mets.

Of course, I had to wait another year, and then another (Diamond Backs & Marlins) but the taste was even sweeter.

The other thing I discovered, hanging around Mets fans I found them to be much more knowledgable about baseball than Yankees fans.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Moses
    You gotta love the drama and theatrics of this. I grew up a Yankees fan but after the strike/holdout/whatever I was totally turned off by baseball. Didn't watch, didn't follow it, didn't care.

It was the Yanks/Mets world series in 2000 that pulled me back in. And it was weird, because I found myself pulling for the Mets.

The Yankees pretty much were a microcosym of everything about professional sports that disgusted me and turned me off to it.

Plus, at the time, I was working on a loading dock, and the biggest scumbags, degenerates, backstabbers and criminals were all Yankees fans. I hated them so much that I wanted to see their beloved Yankees lose to the Mets.

Of course, I had to wait another year, and then another (Diamond Backs & Marlins) but the taste was even sweeter.

The other thing I discovered, hanging around Mets fans I found them to be much more knowledgable about baseball than Yankees fans.
    thank you. i totally agree with you, we are more knowledgable about baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    thank you. i totally agree with you, we are more knowledgable about baseball.
    From what I've noticed on this board, that is not true.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Well, of course I was generalizing, based on my personal experience. I'm sure yours is different.

yeah because you've proven to be a fountain of intelligence when it comes to baseball.

Banned
    We beat the Mets. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! M-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    Kind of a brash remark from a team that is definetly on the downside.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51

lets see, you guys lost the series at home and you're bragging? where's the logic here?

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    yeah because you've proven to be a fountain of intelligence when it comes to baseball.
    I never said I was, but I know a lot more than you do. I'm still trying to figure out if it was you I was arguing with that Glavine would have an ERA this season of about 4.50 while you said it was going to be around 3.30...

I never said I was, but I know a lot more than you do. I'm still trying to figure out if it was you I was arguing with that Glavine would have an ERA this season of about 4.50 while you said it was going to be around 3.30...

lol, i wouldnt say you know more than me but thats ok, we can disagree on that one. and yes i'll admit it that it was me that you had the conversation with. but i wasnt the one who predicted his era. i just disagreed with the method you used to come up with your prediction. if i rememebr its some hypothetical prediction formula, and all i said was that it is a prediction like every other one. you seemed to take it as if it was written in stone.