Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: NBA Draft

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: NBA Draft

Any Nets or Knicks fans care to predict who their teams will select with their first selection in Wednesday nites draft?

Nets fan here ... I predict the Nets will select PF Ike Diogu at 15 Overall
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-27-2005 at 02:20 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Any Nets or Knicks fans care to predict who their teams will select with their first selection in Wednesday nites draft?

Nets fans here ... I predict the Nets will select PF Ike Diogu at 15 Overall
    Knicks are hoping Channing Frye will be available @ 8, but he won't...

With the 8th pick in the 2005 NBA draft, the NY Knicks select Fran Vazquez (To my dismay)

The Nets will end up selecting local favorite Carlos Villenueva at 15....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope my Magic take that 7'3 guy at #11...i forget his name though

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, Salim Stoudamire will be drafted by the Heat. Sean May better not be drafted by the Fakers. In fact, any UNC player should not be on the Fakers.

My favorite team outside of UConn and UNC is Arizona. Salim Stoudamire, Channing Frye, Mustafa Shakur, and company lighting up the scoreboard.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nets fan, I'd like to see them pick Hakim Warrick from Syracuse

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bogut to Hawks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got the knicks taking Channing Frye or Andrew Bynum
    For the Nets...im hoping for either Villaneuva or Mccants...If both are gone i'll be happy with Warrick or Stoudamire

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nets fan here...I saw a mock today where Sean May dropped to them. I'd love to see that unfold. I was at the Final Four this past spring and watching him carry the Tar Heels through those two games was incredible. If he really does drop into the teens, he's gonna make some team REAL happy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    im a nets fan and i want them to draft sean banks. he went to my HS, now he is at memphis, but was suspened for the season for who knows. he was crazy in HS one of the best in the nation, and was one of the best freshmen 2 years ago in the NCAA. hes suspected to go in the late 2nd round because of his disruptive behavior. and will go to the KNICKS which i hope the NETS. this kid is mad crazy at dunking, my brother saw him play in HS and i saw tapes of him.

check out sean banks at google.com or mybe its spelled shaun

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    8th pick=Channing Frye
    30th pick=Andrew Bynum

im praying this happens.

i think it will!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    too bad frye goes #6 to utah and bynum goes #14 to the twolves

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    New York Knickbockers either Frye or that Kid out of St. Joseph's high school. Knicks are years away so why not let him develop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he falls the Nets will be taking Villanueva from UConn. I think they would rather get someone who maybe has a bigger body, but Uconn players work out realtively well, he's familiar with the NJ area, and most importantly should fit in with the team's offense with his passing skills plus he has huge upside. If he is not around at 15 Diogu or a leap on Chris Taft will probably be the choice. I really dont think they go for another position unless they take a flier on one of these foreign centers or just decide to get a backup guard who can shoot maybe like a McCants or trying to trade down for Matt Walsh.

Knowing the Knicks they will opt for Martell Webster or Hakim Warrick at the 8 slot. They could go Channing Frye, which is a better choice, but maybe not for the team Isiah is trying to build. With their second first rounder I think they will take an overseas guy and rush him over. Maybe the 7'3" kid or the guy from France.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    knicks are proably gonna select frye. i'm not overally excited abouthat one, but ido trust isiah when it come to drafting. i hope the nets select someone horrible

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Post, Jason ... the kid from UConn is a definite possibility

Another kid they may consider is Hakim Warrick ... cause he can really get moving in the transition game with J-Kidd and do some damage on those ally-oops

But can he shoot worth a $hit?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    im pretty sure Frye will slip to the Knicks, the Jazz wont take him, theyre looking at Felton, and the Raptors wont take him, as theyre supposedly high on Granger

for the Nets, they just have to get a big man...whether it be Bynum, Diogu, Warrick...they need a big body

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hammer, I'm with you... I LIKE IKE

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warrick would not be a good fit for the Nets... he can't shoot and he can't guard 4's. If the Nets are able to address their PF hole in free agency... then Warrick would be a nice energy guy off of the bench.

However, the draft occurs before free agency, so the Nets cannot afford a luxury like Warrick. Gotta fill needs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound

Hammer, I'm with you... I LIKE IKE
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-27-2005 at 02:21 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the Knicks, it looks like Frye or Bynum. I could see Isiah taking Gerald Green if Frye was off the board and Green was available, but he won't be.

I know a lot of people are lukewarm on Frye, and others think he will be a huge bust. But I actually like what I have seen from him. He reminds me of Marcus Camby with an offensive game.

For the Nets, I see May, Villuanueva, or Warrick. It seems as if Warrick is their failsafe. I know he drove Calhoon crazy at UConn, but I think Villuanueva will be better in the pros than he was in college. He'd be a very good fit for the Nets.