Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: OT: Looper SUCKS

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cos Cob
    Posts
    1,939

    OT: Looper SUCKS

    OK First Of all I know this will get moved but I had to put it here to get some exposure. Mods I Appologize. But LOOPER is the WORST Closer the Mets have had in YEARS. Yes Worse than Benitez because at least Armando was Lights out in the Regular Season then Blow it in the Playoffs or even Late September not June. And Yes Franco is no Rivera but at least he was somewhat consistent and didnt blow it EVERY Time out there. Now I was calling for Benitezs head as well as Francos at times but Looper is the Worst of all of them the Mets should be at least 4 games over .500 rather than 1 under because of this BUM!! Looper Sucks and JETS FOR LIFE!! How many days til Kickoff Weekend or at least Training camp.

  2. #2
    I disagree a bit. Benitez did not blow in the playoffs...he blew in every big game situation. Remember the regular series meltdowns vs. the Braves and Yankees? Looper is very close, but not quite up to Benitez' level of incompetence in these big game situations. However, he is quickly earning his reputation. Omar needs to pull the trigger fast on some bullpen help.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cos Cob
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by VAJetsFan
    I disagree a bit. Benitez did not blow in the playoffs...he blew in every big game situation. Remember the regular series meltdowns vs. the Braves and Yankees? Looper is very close, but not quite up to Benitez' level of incompetence in these big game situations. However, he is quickly earning his reputation. Omar needs to pull the trigger fast on some bullpen help.
    You are right about that Omar Needs to Pull the Trigger but at least Benitez Could strike out a guy here and there. Looper is the Closer who can't strike anybody out all the effective Closers get Strike Outs.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,151
    Lopper is an absolute bust. Why didn't Willie keep Hernandez in the game after coming thru a jam in the 8th?


    Willie needs to wake up bigtime. Your 1B can't hit .210, Wright needs to move up in the order, Reyes is not a leadoff guy, and Piazza should bat 8th. Find more innings for Heilman or return him the the starting rotation. Luck for us, Mientewicz and Matsui got injured, but Randolph should've benched them long before.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 06-27-2005 at 12:21 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by prza
    You are right about that Omar Needs to Pull the Trigger but at least Benitez Could strike out a guy here and there. Looper is the Closer who can't strike anybody out all the effective Closers get Strike Outs.

    I just pulled up the stats to prove you wrong. I know I've seen Looper strike some people out. Low and behold the stats do not lie:

    IP:27.1
    SO: 12

    Kudos, you are correct...this guy doesn't strike out anyone. In fact, this doesn't even take into account the outings like tonight where the bum didn't get a single guy out.

    BTW, GJH had an intesting trade proposal in another forum: Womack, Tino, and Gordon for Cameron and Looper. What's your take?

  6. #6
    i was at the game so depressed right now

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by VAJetsFan

    BTW, GJH had an intesting trade proposal in another forum: Womack, Tino, and Gordon for Cameron and Looper. What's your take?
    Any of you met fans down for that trade?

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Any of you met fans down for that trade?

    No dice.

    Tino- Old and on the downside, still and upgrade for the mets however.
    Womack - Garbage
    Gordon- Nice Reliever

    Cameron - OF with 30 - 30 ability and gold glove center fielder. K's alolt but you take that with his defense, speed and pop

    Looper - As a closer he is bad, but take him out of the pressure and you have a nice set up guy.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Any of you met fans down for that trade?
    Very uneven.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Lopper is an absolute bust. Why didn't Willie keep Hernandez in the game after coming thru a jam in the 8th?


    Willie needs to wake up bigtime. Your 1B can't hit .210, Wright needs to move up in the order, Reyes is not a leadoff guy, and Piazza should bat 8th. Find more innings for Heilman or return him the the starting rotation. Luck for us, Mientewicz and Matsui got injured, but Randolph should've benched them long before.

    Looper's not great, but he hasn't been an absolute bust.

    Piazza shouldn't hit 4-5, but he's not an 8th hitter, either.

    Let's face it, the entire Mets bullpen is subpar. Hernandez was wild tonight, you could've made the case to bring in Looper to get the last out in the 8th. And you're hyping Heilman, even though he **** the bed in his last two relief appearances, both of which were high pressure situations.

  11. #11
    i dont think Tino would go anywhere, Yanks fans wouldnt be too pleased about it

    dont the Mets have Danny Graves on their roster?? give him a shot

  12. #12
    dont the Mets have Danny Graves on their roster?? give him a shot
    looper is a horror show
    he sucks
    time to give graves a shot he had 40 saves last year he can't be that bad

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Lopper is an absolute bust. Why didn't Willie keep Hernandez in the game after coming thru a jam in the 8th?
    They had Bell warming. No reason to go with Looper.

  14. #14
    Lopper just cant pitch in a big spot. Its pretty much been a problem for him in Florida as well, which is a big reason why he lost his job there. The whole Mets relief staff was bad last night though and you could see the chance of sweping the Yankees really had them nervous. The Mets will need a new closer for next season, but they had to bring him in in the ninth.

  15. #15
    It was not just the last game of the possible sweep that had Mets closers stink'en it up - Looper almost blew Pedro's gem in the first game, like he did in the last subway game at Shea and in the opener at Cincinnati - Looper has to go, they should give Graves a chance now to see if they have anything in the pen

    Mets need a closer bad and then they should go get Helton at 1b or fans will be waiting for next season again, Good news is Jets training camp is almost here and we will have some football news to post

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Any of you met fans down for that trade?
    Cameron for Wang or Cano.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT
    Cameron for Wang or Cano.

    As I Yankee fan I would hate that trade. Cano is going to be our second baseman for years to come and why would we give up a pitcher in his mid 20's who has had all of two bad games. I watch a lot of yanks games (was at last nights) and I have to say that those two are two players I would not get rid of, too much upside at this point.

  18. #18
    I'll start like this....STOP trying to package my Mikey!! If they ship Cameron off they will surely regret that. Like it was stated in the thread, he does K alot but his defense is priceless right now. Look what this CF is doing in RF. He's playing over there like he is in CF. Leave my Cammy alone. Ok Im alright now..... . Looper is definately the cause of the indigestion I suffer from this morning. I don't think he is as bad as Benitez and Franco had become, but he isn't the best closer out there. If Omar should address anything it should be these relievers. Bell isn't to bad and Heilman has his days. I like Royce a little, but haven't seen him enough or Graves to put them into this fray. Looper had actually had every save since like mid april till last night, but he is definately better in a MR position in some situations. I think we need another closer to take some of the pressure off of him...

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    You could actually see the fear in Looper's eyes. He was terrified being out there. The guy had no confidence at all. After he walked Tino, i thought he was gonna cry.

    I don't think Hernandez is the second coming of Dennis Eckersely, but ya gotta think that he should step in for Looper, at least for the time being.

    That was one of the worst big time performances I've seen in a while.

    Ahh....what could have been. 2 outta 3 ain't bad, but a sweep would have been outstanding.

  20. #20
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,542
    well, when the Marlins let him leave without really trying to convince him otherwise, you should have realized he wasn't all that....we knew he sucked from day one

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us