Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nba Draft Is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking The Nba Draft Is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Excited For The Draft To Start. Will The Bucks Draft Andrew Bogut From The Utah Utes, Or Will They Draft Marvin Williams From The National Champions, Unc? We'll See.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm very excited to see the Knicks piss away another draft pick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With 2 first round picks the Knicks should be able to get another big man from France??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need an all High School Team!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin

ditto

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be checking out the draft tonight in between pitches of the Mets game. Hopefully Frye can fall to the knicks. It'll be interesting to see what they do if the Raptors take him at #7.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    and with the 18th pick in the 2005 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics pick...

Zgniglys Shclpygnis, Forward, Republic of Slotvanistan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only reason to watch the nba draft is for unintentional comedy, and to see which nba team invests a high first round pick in a player who'll be out of the league in 5 years...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    the only reason to watch the nba draft is for unintentional comedy, and to see which nba team invests a high first round pick in a player who'll be out of the league in 5 years...
    The "Sports Guy" on ESPN's page 2 had a funny article regarding 60 of the drafts most "memorable moments"....pretty funny read...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/050628

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets all take a moment and pray that Channing Frye falls to the 8th slot for the knicks...

hopefully, this will work!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    The "Sports Guy" on ESPN's page 2 had a funny article regarding 60 of the drafts most "memorable moments"....pretty funny read...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/050628
    Always love the NBA Draft diaries, they are classic, great reads.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, for anyone who is excited about the draft, the jazz just traded up to #3...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2096328

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    well, for anyone who is excited about the draft, the jazz just traded up to #3...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2096328
    this is great news for all knick fans. utah was a possible team that if geron williams and chris paul were gone, would take Channing Frye. Now they get their point guard, portland will take martell webster(most likley) and it wil be down to us and toronto for Frye. i think that toronto will take gerald green or danny granger.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51

I'm Excited For The Draft To Start. Will The Bucks Draft Andrew Bogut From The Utah Utes, Or Will They Draft Marvin Williams From The National Champions, Unc? We'll See.
    Well if I had the pick I would take Marvin Williams

I firmly believe that YOU MUST draft an "Impact Player" with the #1 Overall Pick, and while I believe Bogut will be a Good {NOT GREAT} Center, it is far more likely that Marvin Williams will be an Impact Player

JMO

PS. This will never rise to the level of passing on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie .. Marvin Williams will obviously never be MJ .. but it's the same concept and I believe the same type of mistake if you opt for the Center Just because he's a C

Now I am not a college basketball aficinado ... this is simply the vibe I'm Getting from what I have heard and seen ... is this an accurate assessment?
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-28-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    this is great news for all knick fans. utah was a possible team that if geron williams and chris paul were gone, would take Channing Frye. Now they get their point guard, portland will take martell webster(most likley) and it wil be down to us and toronto for Frye. i think that toronto will take gerald green or danny granger.
    Its looking that way norm....i think the raptors are going to bluff all day/night about them taking Frye to try and goad Thomas into swapping some picks. Hopefully Isiah will call their bluff and stand pat, i don't want to see any knee-jerk moves tonight. Frye would be a nice step in the right direction for the Knicks. They'd get a big man that can step in and play next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Now I am not a college basketball aficinado ... this is simply the vibe I'm Getting from what I have heard and seen ... is this an accurate assessment?
    im not a college basketball expert either but I don't know if i can buy all this hype on Williams when he didn't even start for his team. I could be wrong but didn't this guy come off the bench???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Well if I had the pick I would take Marvin Williams

I firmly believe that YOU MUST draft an "Impact Player" with the #1 Overall Pick, and while I believe Bogut will be a Good {NOT GREAT} Center, it is far more likely that Marvin Williams will be an Impact Player

JMO

PS. This will never rise to the level of passing on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie .. Marvin Williams will obviously never be MJ .. but it's the same concept and I believe the same type of mistake if you opt for the Center Just because he's a C
    you can't call Bogut just a center. he did win Player of the Year on a Utah team that did not suply much of a supporting cast. I think that Bogut will be a very good player.

Correct me if im mistaken, but didn't Marvin Williams not even start in UNC last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    im not a college basketball expert either but I don't know if i can buy all this hype on Williams when he didn't even start for his team. I could be wrong but didn't this guy come off the bench???
    yes he came off the bench but he was a better player than Jawad Williams it's just that in the Dean Smith-Roy Williams system upperclassmne get the benefit of the doub and therefore Marvin came off the bench but he played just 2 mins less per game than Jawad and he was always in in key situations. Marvin will undoubtedly be better than Bogut.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Official NBA Draft Thread

Im hoping the Knicks end up with Frye and Bynum.

Who will the Bucks take?

Which Point Guard Will Go First?

We Will Soon Find Out!