Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nba Draft Is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    yes he came off the bench but he was a better player than Jawad Williams it's just that in the Dean Smith-Roy Williams system upperclassmne get the benefit of the doub and therefore Marvin came off the bench but he played just 2 mins less per game than Jawad and he was always in in key situations. Marvin will undoubtedly be better than Bogut.
    thats what i was thinking also.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats the reasoning to start ANOTHER nba thread when there is one started already....which you replied to?????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spjets
    whats the reasoning to start ANOTHER nba thread when there is one started already....which you replied to?????

i just wanted to have a thread where everyone can just reply to the picks and only for people that want to. alot of people that dont like the nba and its draft have posted in the other one, taking away from the atmosphere of the post.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mock First Round - ive spent the last few hours reading bios and i follow the draft fairly closely. Its possible that Charlotte trades it's picks to move up to 2nd, as Williams cant play the 4 and they have smith, harrington, and childress already at the wing. It is also possible for toronto to trade the 7 and 16 for Jamaal Magliore (lord knows why).

1. Andrew Bogut MIL
    2. Marvin Williams ATL
    3. Deron Williams UTA
    4. Chris Paul NO (New orleans is basically garaunteed to stay since they have paul higher than williams on their draft board.)
    5. Gerald Green CHA (HS prospect who, along with marvin, has the best upside in the draft. Highly comparable to TMAC.)
    6. Channing Frye PORT
    7. Martell Webster TOR
    8. Andrew Bynum NYK (Looks like Portland and Charlotte both want frye, so i doubt he falls to 8. Bynum is a great HS center prospect, larger PF like Fran Vasquez possible since lord knows NYK likes foreign players.
    9. Raymond Felton GSW (Looking at a big man but I dont think they could pass up Felton if he got to them.
    10. Danny Granger LAL (A real steal since most people have him around the lottery. Teams in front of dont have too glaring a need for a SF. Already polished and a lot like a smaller lamar odom.)
    11. Antoine Wright ORL (A better doug christie with 3pt range)
    12. Yaroslav Korolev LAC
    13. Charlie Villaneuva CHA (Another steal)
    14. Rashad McCants MIN
    15. Sean May NJN (Possible steal, draws comparisons to elton brand, may just be the next corliss williamson.)
    16. Jarrett Jack TOR
    17. Joey Graham IND (Best athlete in the draft, could go lottery because of that.)
    18. Roko-Leni-Ukic BOS
    19. Fran Vasquez MEM (Falls a lot here, not that impressive but nba ready.)
    20. Hakim Warrick DEN (BPA, might get carmelo to switch to 2 for a lethal pairing.)
    21. Ike Diogu PHO (Steal, rather hope the nets take him, but not that much interest. Small for a PF but great skills and motor.)
    22. Francisco Garcia DEN (Insant offense, possible SG of the future.)
    23. Chris Taft SAC (Formerly lottery pick with great physical and bad mental tools.)
    24. Ersan Ilsansova HOU (International enigma, could go much higher, lot like toni kukoc.)
    25. Johan Petro SEA (Big international C prospect from a team not afraid to go to europe for picks.)
    26. Martynas Andrieskivicius DET
    27. Monta Ellis PORT (Huge scorer in a PGs body.)
    28. Nate Robinson SAS (They are a little concerned with parker, good change of pace PG, unique player.)
    29. Ryan Gomes MIA
    30. Wayne Simien NYK

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar
    Mock First Round - ive spent the last few hours reading bios and i follow the draft fairly closely. Its possible that Charlotte trades it's picks to move up to 2nd, as Williams cant play the 4 and they have smith, harrington, and childress already at the wing. It is also possible for toronto to trade the 7 and 16 for Jamaal Magliore (lord knows why).

1. Andrew Bogut MIL
    2. Marvin Williams ATL
    3. Deron Williams UTA
    4. Chris Paul NO (New orleans is basically garaunteed to stay since they have paul higher than williams on their draft board.)
    5. Gerald Green CHA (HS prospect who, along with marvin, has the best upside in the draft. Highly comparable to TMAC.)
    6. Channing Frye PORT
    7. Martell Webster TOR
    8. Andrew Bynum NYK (Looks like Portland and Charlotte both want frye, so i doubt he falls to 8. Bynum is a great HS center prospect, larger PF like Fran Vasquez possible since lord knows NYK likes foreign players.
    9. Raymond Felton GSW (Looking at a big man but I dont think they could pass up Felton if he got to them.
    10. Danny Granger LAL (A real steal since most people have him around the lottery. Teams in front of dont have too glaring a need for a SF. Already polished and a lot like a smaller lamar odom.)
    12. Yaroslav Korolev LAC
    14. Rashad McCants MIN
    15. Sean May NJN (Possible steal, draws comparisons to elton brand, may just be the next corliss williamson.)
    16. Jarrett Jack TOR
    17. Joey Graham IND (Best athlete in the draft, could go lottery because of that.)
    18. Roko-Leni-Ukic BOS
    20. Hakim Warrick DEN (BPA, might get carmelo to switch to 2 for a lethal pairing.)
    21. Ike Diogu PHO (Steal, rather hope the nets take him, but not that much interest. Small for a PF but great skills and motor.)
    23. Chris Taft SAC (Formerly lottery pick with great physical and bad mental tools.)
    24. Ersan Ilsansova HOU (International enigma, could go much higher, lot like toni kukoc.)
    25. Johan Petro SEA (Big international C prospect from a team not afraid to go to europe for picks.)
    28. Nate Robinson SAS (They are a little concerned with parker, good change of pace PG, unique player.)
    29. Ryan Gomes MIA
    30. Wayne Simien NYK
    the one player that portland has been coveting for so long is Martell Webster. He is the reason why they traded down in the first place. You could hold me to this: IF MARTELL WEBSTER IS AVAILABLE WHEN PORTLAND HAS THEIR FIRST PICK, PORTLAND WILL TAKE WEBSTER!

P.s. i like the wayne Simien pick for the knicks, but i dont think that he will last that long.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar

1. Andrew Bogut MIL
    2. Marvin Williams ATL
    3. Deron Williams UTA
    6. Channing Frye PORT
    7. Martell Webster TOR
    12. Yaroslav Korolev LAC
    14. Rashad McCants MIN
    16. Jarrett Jack TOR
    18. Roko-Leni-Ukic BOS
    29. Ryan Gomes MIA
    30. Wayne Simien NYK

Yaroslav Korolev ?
    Roko-Leni-Ukic ?
    Ike Diogu ?
    Ersan Ilsansova ?
    Martynas Andrieskivicius ?

Anyone remeber Joe Smith? Now that was a name!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Yaroslav Korolev ?
    Roko-Leni-Ukic ?
    Ike Diogu ?
    Ersan Ilsansova ?
    Martynas Andrieskivicius ?

Anyone remeber Joe Smith? Now that was a name!
    lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope andrieskevetc never becomes good so that I dont need to learn how to pronounce it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the Bucks will select Andrew Bogut fron the University of Utah Utes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Milwaukee, they are now on the clock.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bucks Select C Andrew Bogut

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hawks select F Marvin Williams

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hawks select Marvin Williams from UNC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jazz choose Derron Williams from the Fighting Illini.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jazz select G Deron Williams

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hornets select G Chris Paul

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Paul drafted by New Orleans

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bobcats select G Raymond Felton

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bobcats select G Raymond Felton.

Dick Vitale: Everybody loves Raymond. I love Raymond, you love Raymond. UNC is rocking baby!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Portland selects F Martell Webster