Thread: OT-Sheffield to the Mets

OT-Sheffield to the Mets

Im sure most of you have heard about this rumor reported on ESPNews. If not the trade RUMOR is Mike Cameron(part of an unknown package) for Gary Sheffield. Just curious as to what everyone's thoughts on this are. Mets or Yanks fans?

Jets Insider VIP
    no Way, Not Happening.

Hall Of Fame
    The Yankees laughed at this trade, Sheffield is the anchor to the Yankees offense and there is no possible way the Yankees trade him . Theres a better chance that Barry Bonds comes back and plays next week then this trade happening.

The Yankees would have to be brain-dead to make this trade ... their offense is already grossly over-rated ... sometimes it is painful watching them try to score runs ... eliminate Shef and this becomes a legit POP-GUN lineup

Hall Of Fame
    Scoring runs isnt there problem they are 2nd in MLB in that catageory , its stupid mistakes and pitching that has been the problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'd rather have Robinson Cano.

Rookie
    Talent wise I would need more if I were the yankees, but Sheffield just KILLED a chunk of his trade value with his selfish statements. As a Mets fan I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. The last thing I want is a guy like that rubbing off on Reyes and Wright. Stay in the Bronx Zoo, it is where you want to be and where you belong.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99
    no Way, Not Happening.
    Especially if the Lord Jesus Christ is involved..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledinjersey
    Talent wise I would need more if I were the yankees, but Sheffield just KILLED a chunk of his trade value with his selfish statements. As a Mets fan I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. The last thing I want is a guy like that rubbing off on Reyes and Wright. Stay in the Bronx Zoo, it is where you want to be and where you belong.
    Agreed. Met fan here. The Mets have a good thing going here. They probably won't win anything this year, but a good young nucleus that produces runs with small ball. Some pop. And solid starting pitching in atleast 3 starters. I like it. Sheffield would be a huge cancer. This guy deserves to be where he belongs...among the selfish in the Bronx.

Oh yeah, an earlier post said they can't score runs, but when you do things like drop every grounder and balls at first (Tino) runs are the last thing they should be worrying about.

Veteran
    Sheffield's a primadonna....the spankee's can keep him. Good luck w/ sheff in his contract year.

Also i wouldn't say that the yankees laughed at the trade. Thats just their version of a smokescreen to cover-up for the multi-million dollar baby's tirade.

All Pro
    i turned on ESPN this morning at the part where Tim Kurkjian was on. He said there is a 100% chance the Sheffield trade doesnt go down. Which is excellent news.

He also said the yankees will definitly have a new CF by the deadline. He believes they will trade with the Marlins for Juan Encarnacion, then ship him to the A's for Kotsay. Also mentioned that they are looking for bullpen help and Quantrill/Stanton's days are numbered as yankee pitchers.

Hall Of Fame
    Sheffield may have an attitude problem but he is one of the most lethal players in MLB. 1 million times better then Mr Beltran ( Yea its hard to get a .261 hitter for 120 million )