Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Case You didn't notice the Yankees season is over

In Case You didn't notice the Yankees season is over

For any Yankee fans on the board you can forget any hopes of playoffs or World Series this year. The team is too old and has too many holes to fill. They have sacraficed all their young talent for old has beens. Time to clean house:

Bernie Williams-last year of his contract and should retire after this year.

Giambi-Going downhill with nothing to stop him and has become a defensive liability

Kevin Brown- Has been too old and too many back problems

Randy Johnson- Doesn't intimidate anyone anymore.

Jorge Passada- Every once in a while will get some hits but his defense is questionable

Tino Martinez- Lost to much of his swing

Ruben Sierra- another aging ball player

Mariano Rivera- problem with power pitchers is once they lose a little on their pitches they are very hittable

Womack- A bust at best

I guess once you have a great year you sign a contract for big $$$ and then dont have to worry about performing anymore.

Banned
    What has Joe Torre done to the Yankees? If I were the coach, we would have like 50 wins right now. We got swept by the worst team in the bigs. Not to mention we keep getting raped by the Red Sox. Just like we got raped by the Indians 21-0 last year. This Yankees team is a disgrace to Yogi Berra, Roger Clemens, Babe Ruth, and all Yankees past.

Banned

Smile

Screw the Yankees.

I loved how when the Mets signed Pedro, everyone said he was too old at 33. The Yanks signed Randy Johnson at 42 and everyone said it was a brilliant move......not a single complaint about age.

Well......look at what Randy's done this season and look at Pedro.

Go Mets

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52

Mariano Rivera- problem with power pitchers is once they lose a little on their pitches they are very hittable
    Mariano has a .77 ERA in May and a 0.00 ERA in June, yeah he is done. he also has an ERA of 0.91 for the year. Yeah, he is soooo done.

Randy Johnson can still be a very dominating pitcher, and he will be fine for the Yankees in the 2nd half.

Giambi is a shell of his former self, but the man did hit well over .300 in June as an every day player. Maybe the power numbers start coming around, who knows.

Posada is doing what he does every year. I am not a Posada fan, but the man is basically the same player he has been his entire career.

You are right about Womack and Brown. Sierra is a pinch hitter off the bench once everybody is healthy so he is not a make a break player for the Yankees this season. Tino slowed down because of a bad foot injury but he is fine as a platoon 1st baseman.

So basically your post is full of crap.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Screw the Yankees.

I loved how when the Mets signed Pedro, everyone said he was too old at 33. The Yanks signed Randy Johnson at 42 and everyone said it was a brilliant move......not a single complaint about age.

Go Mets
    Yeah look at Pedro and his last place team.

Hall Of Fame
    Screw the Yankees.

Go Mets
    What a moronic post. EVERYBODY and their mother thought the Pedro move would pay off over the first 2 plus seasons. The problem was with the length of the contract for a pitcher who has had shoulder issues.

Most Yankee fans had a problem with the extension given Randy Johnson for the same reason.

Screw the Yankees.

Go Mets

Pedro has the body of a jr HS girl and has had problems in the past few years later in the year. RJ is old but he was still dominating, Pedro hasn't been the great Pedro in a few years. He has shown flashes of that this year in the big ballpark w/ weak NL lineups but he is not going to last 4 years w/ that girlish figure.

Look at this guy:

Who does it remind you of?

Hall Of Fame
    This is one of the worst posts ever . Yes the Yankees are slumping ( Met fans shouldnt talk because there playoff hopes are much more thin then the Yankees ) but never count the Yankees out especially with the amount of talent they have . Randy has been a dissapointment true but how could you dare put Mariano Rivera , Jorge Posada and Jason Giambi on that list . Posada has been playing great ball this season , Mariano hasnt allowed in run in last 18 attempts and is the still the best closer in baseball ( The Yankees havent been able to give him chances to close out games ) and Giambi is batting .317 for the month of June ( Last Sundays clutch hit for the Mets says it all ) . Ruben has been a very good pinch hitter and starter as of lately, Womack has been a bust but thank god Cano has done amazing , Brown has been injured too often , Tino has been awful the past month and somehow will still be in the all star game ( Thank god for the overwhelming votes by the great Yankee Nation. The season isnt over the divison is close and summer time is just rolling around , never count out the bronx bombers the greatest sports franchise .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadzone10
    This is one of the worst posts ever . Yes the Yankees are slumping ( Met fans shouldnt talk because there playoff hopes are much more thin then the Yankees ) but never count the Yankees out especially with the amount of talent they have . Randy has been a dissapointment true but how could you dare put Mariano Rivera , Jorge Posada and Jason Giambi on that list . Posada has been playing great ball this season , Mariano hasnt allowed in run in last 18 attempts and is the still the best closer in baseball ( The Yankees havent been able to give him chances to close out games ) and Giambi is batting .317 for the month of June ( Last Sundays clutch hit for the Mets says it all ) . Ruben has been a very good pinch hitter and starter as of lately, Womack has been a bust but thank god Cano has done amazing , Brown has been injured too often , Tino has been awful the past month and somehow will still be in the all star game ( Thank god for the overwhelming votes by the great Yankee Nation. The season isnt over the divison is close and summer time is just rolling around , never count out the bronx bombers the greatest sports franchise .

Ummmmm.......... there are a lot of threads saying that the Yanks season is done.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    For any Yankee fans on the board you can forget any hopes of playoffs or World Series this year. The team is too old and has too many holes to fill. They have sacraficed all their young talent for old has beens. Time to clean house:

Bernie Williams-last year of his contract and should retire after this year.

Giambi-Going downhill with nothing to stop him and has become a defensive liability

Kevin Brown- Has been too old and too many back problems

Jorge Passada- Every once in a while will get some hits but his defense is questionable

Tino Martinez- Lost to much of his swing

Ruben Sierra- another aging ball player

Womack- A bust at best

I guess once you have a great year you sign a contract for big $$$ and then dont have to worry about performing anymore.
    Lets break this down - TAYLOR STYLE!!!

Firstly, they haven't sacrificed all their talent. Cano and Wang should prove that along with the numerous prospects in the lower level. The problem would be if they now traded away their prospects.

Bernie - Yes, but I don't think he will retire. I wouldn't mind re-signing him in the Ruben role but that's it.

Giambi - Well, he's actually been hitting very well of late, batting over .300 for the last few weeks or so. He doesn't have the power, but he's hitting .260 right now with an OBP over .400. That's very productive.

Kevin - Yeah, but if you look at his raw stats, he's been very unlucky with the defense behind him. Too many groundballs have found holes and that's not his fault. But yeah, he's no longer the KB of old.

RJ - Well, he does, and we've seen glimpses of the RJ of old. My guess is he isn't 100% right now but who knows. I'm a Yankee fan that hates Randy Johnson.

Jorge - after a bad start, has picked it up big time. Defensively, he throws out hitters pretty well but I don't think he calls a great game and he never blocks the plate (although that is because he had a horrible injury in the minors while blocking the plate so it's understandable).

Tino - Besides his hot 10 days, he's been done.

Ruben - Has absolutely no place on this team. The last thing this team needs is a bad hitter with some pop that can't play any defensive position.

Mariano - Well, you lost a little credibility here since he's having one of his best seasons.

Woemack - Thank you Bill Emslie for another genius signing you stupid piece of sh*t. I hate Woemack and I hate Emslie for signing him (and Wright). Horrendous player.

I don't know if that last part is about Woe, but he didn't even have a great year. The balls he hit found holes last year. He sucks.

Screw the Yankees.

Go Mets
    So, has Pedro made the Mets a better team? he is 9-2, the team is around .500.

I think not.

Besides, I am on record as predicting a Cy Young for Pedro this year, and close to it again next season. But after that, the jury is out.

RMmeyer 52;

You showed a lack of knowledge about the Yankee farm system with your opening lines. Cano and Wang have been very solid since being called up. and there is more to come. Malky Cabrer will be here and he also ids a solid guy. Just watch. Personally, I hope they would wait with him, but he will contribute. He's only 20, so another year or so in the minors would be OK with me.
    Rivera and Posada are doing what they always have done, so you are dead wrong there. Brown, Wright and Womack have been bums, no doubt about it. Sierra is a part timer/PH. That's what he's here for, anything more is not his job. Bernie and Tino are done.

Banned
    Well, the Indians helped us. Yes, they helped us. By defeating the Orioles so this season ain't over yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    Well, the Indians helped us. Yes, they helped us. By defeating the Orioles so this season ain't over yet.
    So if the Orioles had won the season would be over?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    What has Joe Torre done to the Yankees? If I were the coach, we would have like 50 wins right now. We got swept by the worst team in the bigs. Not to mention we keep getting raped by the Red Sox. Just like we got raped by the Indians 21-0 last year. This Yankees team is a disgrace to Yogi Berra, Roger Clemens, Babe Ruth, and all Yankees past.

does the term "monday morning quarterback" mean anything to you?

All Pro
    This Yankees team is a disgrace to Yogi Berra, Roger Clemens, Babe Ruth, and all Yankees past.

[/QUOTE]

so does that include 96, 98, 99, 00, 01 & 03 - because those teams went to the WS and they won 4 out of the 6??? oh yeah Torre was the manager for them also

dynastys are not forever - just ask the Islander, Oilers, 49ers, Packers and Bulls

Well, they gained a game on the O's today when they kicked the tar out of them. Everyone and their brother homered, and Randy Johnson pitched on 3 days rest.

In case anyone is interested--and in the Long Island listening area, we're having ESPN's Buster Olney on live tonight from 9PM to 10PM on my totally commercial-free, absolutel no one make a dime from it sports talk show on Long Island's 90.3FM.

He wrote The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty. Please let me know if you read that book, and what you thought about it. Thanks.

In spite of their horrible pitching to date, they are 4 behind teh BoSox, going into the 2nd half. Can't say the season is over. It's not Torre's fault that Womack is worse then anyone imagined, or that Bernie could not play CF anymore, or that Johnson was a non-factor for 3 months.

Considering the circumstances, I think they are doing OK. Just think of this: If Giambi gets close to where he was in the 200-2002 area, this team is deep from top to bottom, and that will cover a lot of pitching issues. The whole season may very well rest on Giambi's shoulders.

Hall Of Fame
    How is this thread looking now? Season is over for the Yankees?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    So if the Orioles had won the season would be over?
    That was old.