Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Yanks scouting Zito, Kotsay, and Winn today

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Yanks scouting Zito, Kotsay, and Winn today

Sounds like a move is emminent. The O's also may get A.J Burnett which would really make me unhappy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Sounds like a move is emminent. The O's also may get A.J Burnett which would really make me unhappy
    Sounds like it will be Winn or Kotsay, based on your post. Wynn might be cheaper to get. I hope that the cost is not a top prospect, like Cabrera, Cano, or Wang.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard they were backing off of Kotsay for now, until the A's lower there asking price.

From Newsday...
    A's general manager Billy Beane has put a high price on the defensively strong Kotsay, asking the Yankees for second baseman Robinson Cano and a pair of prospects, third baseman Eric Duncan and righthander Phil Hughes

Also from Newsday...
    As they continue to search for a centerfielder, the Yankees are making immediate changes to the bullpen. Lefthander Mike Stanton and righthander Paul Quantrill were told last night that they would no longer be with the team, according to a person informed of the situation.

The Yankees didn't make an official roster move, presumably because they want to take today's day off to try and trade the pair; they don't need to execute a transaction until tomorrow night's game in Detroit.
    The Marlins are supposedly interested in Quantrills services...maybe they could swing a deal for either Pierre of Encarnacion.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    <The Marlins are supposedly interested in Quantrills services...maybe they could swing a deal for either Pierre of Encarnacion.>

Encar's and Quantrill's contracts are almost identical so I think that's a good match. But there's no way in hell Pierre for Q happens....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All these teams are going to ask for an arm and a leg from us because they know how much we need a centerfielder.

We won't get Zito (thank God) and Kotsay costs too much. We'll see how it works out but it looks like the Yankees are not going to trade away the prospects.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    All these teams are going to ask for an arm and a leg from us because they know how much we need a centerfielder.

We won't get Zito (thank God) and Kotsay costs too much. We'll see how it works out but it looks like the Yankees are not going to trade away the prospects.
    I hope you are right. If the Yanks hold on to the prospects, that means Cashman and Stick are back in charge, over the Tampa contignent.

And that is very good news indeed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I hope you are right. If the Yanks hold on to the prospects, that means Cashman and Stick are back in charge, over the Tampa contignent.

And that is very good news indeed.
    Thats crap mbn, Everybody knows that George is in charge, and George always will be in charge. I wouldn't put anything past the man. I wouldn't find it surprising if he traded for Clemens on the deadline. Let me tell you one thing; don't expect George to sit back, and watch this team lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phil Hughes is our best pitching prospect in years. Getting rid of him would be a huge mistake!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    Phil Hughes is our best pitching prospect in years. Getting rid of him would be a huge mistake!
    Agreed. He's a stud.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Agreed. He's a stud.
    He was just moved up a level to high A Tampa. 19 years old, and coming on!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Thats crap mbn, Everybody knows that George is in charge, and George always will be in charge. I wouldn't put anything past the man. I wouldn't find it surprising if he traded for Clemens on the deadline. Let me tell you one thing; don't expect George to sit back, and watch this team lose.
    We shall see. But I would be disappointed if they traded any of the studs for a 40+ year old pitcher. I only trade for Clemens if I give up Womack. Taking on that salary and cap hit is my give-back to Houston.

No prospects.