Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: N..a..t..s.........

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like

    N..a..t..s.........

    N.....A.....T.....S.....NATS! NATS! NATS!

    Washington -- 48 Wins 31 Losses
    Atlanta -- 43 Wins 36 Losses 5 GB
    Florida -- 40 Wins 36 Losses 6.5 GB
    Philadelphia -- 40 Wins 39 Losses 8 GB
    NY Mets -- 39 Wins 39 Losses 8.5 GB

    I know the odds are SOOO against it lasting.....this IS the real world after all, not some storybook.....but damn does it feel good right now!

    So Mets fans.....how are you feeling about your sqad right now? Seems Pedro worked out pretty good so far, but what's the problem otherwise?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    N.....A.....T.....S.....NATS! NATS! NATS!

    Washington -- 48 Wins 31 Losses
    Atlanta -- 43 Wins 36 Losses 5 GB
    Florida -- 40 Wins 36 Losses 6.5 GB
    Philadelphia -- 40 Wins 39 Losses 8 GB
    NY Mets -- 39 Wins 39 Losses 8.5 GB

    I know the odds are SOOO against it lasting.....this IS the real world after all, not some storybook.....but damn does it feel good right now!

    So Mets fans.....how are you feeling about your sqad right now? Seems Pedro worked out pretty good so far, but what's the problem otherwise?

    the Nats are playing great baseball, The Mets need another hitter in the middle of the lineup and Ishi is horrible and so is Glavine... i think the Mets will make thier run after the break, The Mets wont give up I don't think Wille will allow it .. but good game last night against the Marlins.. hope the Mets win this series and i'm waiting to see how they play against the Nats..

    LETS GO METS !!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you Warfish!!

    You are now I think 10 up on the Mets, making them almost out of your sights. 1 down, 3 to go. You have a super closer, and while I do not think your overall hitting is good enough, your pitching is solid, and that will carry you a long way.

    Nice fan support. You draw more to 1 game in DC then they drew in Montreal in a week!! I feel great and happy for you. I know how pumped you were before the season, and am glad you are enjoying it.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mets take 3 of 4 from the (g)nats

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Mets take 3 of 4 from the (g)nats
    That does not take anything away from what the Nats have accomplished in 2005 so far.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    Good for you Warfish!!

    You are now I think 10 up on the Mets, making them almost out of your sights. 1 down, 3 to go. You have a super closer, and while I do not think your overall hitting is good enough, your pitching is solid, and that will carry you a long way.

    Nice fan support. You draw more to 1 game in DC then they drew in Montreal in a week!! I feel great and happy for you. I know how pumped you were before the season, and am glad you are enjoying it.

    looks like the Mets are still in the "sights" of the Nats. great wins for the Mets in this important series.......

    Look forward to seeing the Mets after the all star break

    LETS GO METS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrican
    looks like the Mets are still in the "sights" of the Nats. great wins for the Mets in this important series.......

    Look forward to seeing the Mets after the all star break

    LETS GO METS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8 back. Still a long haul.

    Let me see you sweep that reeling Pirates team. Before last night, they had lost 17 of 23.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    8 back. Still a long haul.

    Let me see you sweep that reeling Pirates team. Before last night, they had lost 17 of 23.
    would be nice hey we almost swept the NATS AND THE YANKS

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrican
    would be nice hey we almost swept the NATS AND THE YANKS
    The key word is "almost."

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrican
    would be nice hey we almost swept the NATS AND THE YANKS
    So, how did that Series with a reeling Pirates team go?

    Nice work from your pen. So good against the Nats, so bad against the Pirates. Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde. More Mr. Hyde this year though.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    So, how did that Series with a reeling Pirates team go?

    Nice work from your pen. So good against the Nats, so bad against the Pirates. Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde. More Mr. Hyde this year though.

    not too good ..... but things like this happen during a season... look for the Mets to have a strong second half.....

    and you have room to crack !!! how did the YANKS do against the reeling
    ROYALS ...
    Last edited by nyrican; 07-12-2005 at 09:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrican
    not too good ..... but things like this happen during a season... look for the Mets to have a strong second half.....

    and you have room to crack !!! how did the YANKS do against the reeling
    ROYALS ...
    But at least the Yanks can say they seem to be straightening things out now. Can the Mets realistically say the same?

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    1,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jose Guillen is an idiot and I pray they fall apart in the 2nd half just so i can see this moron blow up again. If you cant play for Mike Scioscia than something is wrong with you.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan
    Jose Guillen is an idiot and I pray they fall apart in the 2nd half just so i can see this moron blow up again. If you cant play for Mike Scioscia than something is wrong with you.
    Is that the same Mike Sciocia who made a fool of himself attacking Robinson when Robinson completely NAILED Socias cheating arse pitcher??

    That Mike Scioscia?? Riiiiiiight. Hey, we all know Guillen is a hot-headed pain in the rectum, but Mike Sciocia lost alot of respect trying to make it look alike anyones fault but his own that his player was caught red handed as a cheater.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    1,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh you mean the pitcher that got caught with Pine tar?? and hadnt even thrown a pitch? the same pine tar that batters can use and slab on their helmets and bats? hmmm.....it wasnt vaseline, baby oil, or a file they found, it was pine tar!! Its used to get a better grip, just like the rosin bag, not used to change the path/flight of the ball. Btw...Scioscia did what a good manager does, defend his player. And this hasn't affected Donnelly at all btw..last i saw the bullpen was in the top 3 in baseball and we were 7 games ahead. Frank Robinson is a wannabe mgr that baseball threw into the mix so they could show that they support minority hiring, he is lucking out with his team this year....so far. Trying to compare Scioscia and Robinson as managers is not even worth talking about.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan
    Oh you mean the pitcher that got caught with Pine tar?? and hadnt even thrown a pitch? the same pine tar that batters can use and slab on their helmets and bats? hmmm.....it wasnt vaseline, baby oil, or a file they found, it was pine tar!! Its used to get a better grip, just like the rosin bag, not used to change the path/flight of the ball. Btw...Scioscia did what a good manager does, defend his player. And this hasn't affected Donnelly at all btw..last i saw the bullpen was in the top 3 in baseball and we were 7 games ahead. Frank Robinson is a wannabe mgr that baseball threw into the mix so they could show that they support minority hiring, he is lucking out with his team this year....so far. Trying to compare Scioscia and Robinson as managers is not even worth talking about.
    There was no comparison between those 2 as players either.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan
    Oh you mean the pitcher that got caught with Pine tar?? and hadnt even thrown a pitch? the same pine tar that batters can use and slab on their helmets and bats? hmmm.....it wasnt vaseline, baby oil, or a file they found, it was pine tar!! Its used to get a better grip, just like the rosin bag, not used to change the path/flight of the ball. Btw...Scioscia did what a good manager does, defend his player. And this hasn't affected Donnelly at all btw..last i saw the bullpen was in the top 3 in baseball and we were 7 games ahead. Frank Robinson is a wannabe mgr that baseball threw into the mix so they could show that they support minority hiring, he is lucking out with his team this year....so far. Trying to compare Scioscia and Robinson as managers is not even worth talking about.
    ROFLMAO, you are SO right. In Baseball, there clearly is NO comparison whatsoever between the All-time great that is Frank Robinson, and the never was third-rate nobody that is Mike Scioscia.

    And you are plain old ig'nant if you really think Pine Tar doesn't or cannot affect the flight of the ball.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warfish;

    Good to hear from you again. Your boys in DC are struggling now. Your lead is down to a 1/2 game, heading into today's action.

    What gives? Besides the real obvious lack of hitting. I mean, Guzman makes Womack look like an OBP king!!

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    Warfish;

    Good to hear from you again. Your boys in DC are struggling now. Your lead is down to a 1/2 game, heading into today's action.

    What gives? Besides the real obvious lack of hitting. I mean, Guzman makes Womack look like an OBP king!!
    No offense, tired pitching and an endless supply of china-doll players getting injured again and again. Simple enough combination that spells an end (most likely) to the Nats run this season.

    They played well above their talent level the first half, and it's catching up to them now. Guzman is just one example of a vet hitting well below expectations. The loss of Nick Johnson was/is painful, and a number of the vets (Wilky, Guillen and Castilla) are all nursing long-stading injuries that have limited them, but at least they played through them. The loss of Spivey was painful too, as he was playing pretty well and gave the infield some flexabillity.

    Either they'll get healthy, or they'll crash and burn. And I don;t see them getting healthy.

    And the latest news is staff ace Lival Hernandez may have to shut it down for the season due to HIS long-standing knee problems this year.

    Lets just put it this way: It don't look too good!

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey look at those reeling Mets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 5 games behind

    LETS GO METS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us